• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Xbox Experience, anyone?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
So what with turning on my 360 today, I find myself confronted with the dreaded New Xbox Experience, it looked a little...Meh, at first, but I'm starting to quite like the whole avatar thing, and the new Dashboard layout.

Xbox users care to share their thoughts on the new system?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Not checked it out yet but I intend to later on...

Maybe it will be ready to explain to me where my 180 missing achievement points went to? :dry:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Wasnt really interested in the whole Avatar system but im liking the new layout and how fast the blades load. Everything seems to run a lot smoother and no menu lag or anything. At first it seems quite cluttered and to have lots on there but i actually quite like it and can organise it how you wish.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Mm, it does seem to flow rather nicely doesn't it?

To be honest I'm quite taken by the whole avatar thing, mainly because I found a Trilby under the hat options, but yes, everything seems...Laid out so well, this is surprising, Microsoft did a good job, and here I almost expected them to throw us back to 8-bit dashboards and Windows-98 style just for a good laugh.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Angelo Credo;141685 said:
Mm, it does seem to flow rather nicely doesn't it?

To be honest I'm quite taken by the whole avatar thing, mainly because I found a Trilby under the hat options, but yes, everything seems...Laid out so well, this is surprising, Microsoft did a good job, and here I almost expected them to throw us back to 8-bit dashboards and Windows-98 style just for a good laugh.

It all works quite well, had the odd error message here and there while they import all the content but thats to be expected with a total dashboard overhaul. Took me ages to find the redeem code option only to find they had moved it to an easier place on the actual Guide instead. :lol:

Going to take a little getting used to but over all i am impressed with what they have done and how smooth everything is so far.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
soz for bringing a dead thread back to life ...... :lol:

when i first read this thread i was like " what" and when i went online ( first time in like 2 months) i was confronted with updates ...... and a new expierence ...... my dude looks well cool .... a suit and everything ..... i think its copying the wii's mii system but what the hell its enjoyable and thats all that counts ....... :)

Dark Drakan

Admin
omenminator;142901 said:
soz for bringing a dead thread back to life ...... :lol:

when i first read this thread i was like " what" and when i went online ( first time in like 2 months) i was confronted with updates ...... and a new expierence ...... my dude looks well cool .... a suit and everything ..... i think its copying the wii's mii system but what the hell its enjoyable and thats all that counts ....... :)

They said the Wii's Mii system was an influence of course but i think they will take that system to the next level of interact with these avatars. Nintendo themselves said that they felt quite flattered that Microsoft would use a similar system to theirs. Im not too bothered about the system personally but they have some fantastic updates that came with the NXE also. The group chat is one of the best features, i can now have proper Private Party chat when im playing games and also across any game.

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
Yeah, the new Dashboard thingy looked cheap. i like the classic design, personally.

Uh, it seems as if fewer and fewer people are getting red rings, BTW. Think so too?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Rebellion327;143119 said:
Yeah, the new Dashboard thingy looked cheap. i like the classic design, personally.

Uh, it seems as if fewer and fewer people are getting red rings, BTW. Think so too?

I quite like the new look and only the Avatars look cheap in my opinion but everything else is very sleek looking. Also less people will get the red rings as the Falcon Chipset 360's are in circulation now.

Top Bottom