• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

new weapons/power ideas?

REAPER 3142

Revenge Solves Everything..............
Havent seen any threads of this lately but love to read other peoples thoughts. I for one would love to see multiple ammo types for E&I. Each with a specific special attack.
EBONY AND IVORY:
1.Silver Ammunition- Standard ammo for e&i. causes low damage but has a high rate of fire.
+Special: Riccoshot.
2.Hell's Rain- fire amunition that causes damage over time but with a lower rate of fire.
+Special: Magmablast: fires 1 concentrated blast of energy causing maximum damage.
3.Frost Bite- Frozen bullets that slow enemy movements, possibly freezing smaller enemies in place.
+Special: Freezing Ground: Shoot the ground around dante to freeze all enemies in place and cause small amounts of damage.
4.Lightning Strike- Electrical shots that stop enemies and can chain to others if close enough.
+Special: Storm: Charge up and shock all foes on screen at once. Low damage but highset rate of fire possible.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
A chainsaw. Seeing as the demons got one this time round, it's time Dante got one to level the playing field.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
tonfas and katanas. they are the coolest of old style weapons. that and lightsabres....not being too hopeful on that one. id like tonfas especially to work as a counter/blocking weapon. you either block your oponents move and counter or you intercept it with a powerful swing( literally you swing it round your arm in a snapping motion)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
final-fantasy-xiii-serah-farron-bow-and-arrow-cosplay-prop-2.jpg

Eerste-info-onthuld-over-assassin-s-creed-2_5_460x0.jpg

Sun_Wukong__s_Jingu_Bang_3D_by_futuretempest.jpg

bl-sniper-rifle.jpg

152301-god-of-war-iii-570.jpg

Something like these^_^

Weapons

- Sticks - Escrima sticks, Nunchucks, everything people mentioned above me.

Abilities

- Inertia (DMC 4 Move) equivalent: A realistic version would be being able to run on the wall and do a backflip over an enemy and shoot down at them as you go over.

- Horizontal Wall Run w/ Ebony/Ivory - Being able to run across the wall and shoot at enemies to the side of you! (would be SSSensational).

- Kick off enemy and jump back while shooting - Some John Woo style dodge action, I want to be able to shoot in the dodge animation, because it looks sweet and dante is all about looking sweet.

- Angel Dodge - A 15% speed boost to all of Dante's attacks + for a short duration Rebellion is infused with the power to damage blue barriers and enemies.

- Demon Dodge - Keep it as it is, maybe adjust the damage boost a slight bit lower, and like above, infuse rebellion for a short duration to damage red barriers and red enemies.

- Hold Charged Shots w/o holding shoot button - A simple intuitive way to do this, just assume if the person holds the button for a short duration that they want to the shot to charge automatically. (I know theoretically this is possible via a dodge/spam attack trick, but lets just make it a normal function).

crush

How about a special move on Ophion using a DT bar?
Vergil having spiral swords ain't fair!
Demon:Hydra. Shoots out multiple Ophions and damages and pulls multiple enemies.
Angel: Caduceus Shoots out a DNA pattern barbed wire that chains enemies up and Angel lifts towards them.

We also want our over-top demonic realm guns back again don't we? Any ideas?

REAPER 3142

Weapons

- Sticks - Escrima sticks, Nunchucks, everything people mentioned above me.

Abilities

- Inertia (DMC 4 Move) equivalent: A realistic version would be being able to run on the wall and do a backflip over an enemy and shoot down at them as you go over.

- Horizontal Wall Run w/ Ebony/Ivory - Being able to run across the wall and shoot at enemies to the side of you! (would be SSSensational).

- Kick off enemy and jump back while shooting - Some John Woo style dodge action, I want to be able to shoot in the dodge animation, because it looks sweet and dante is all about looking sweet.

- Angel Dodge - A 15% speed boost to all of Dante's attacks + for a short duration Rebellion is infused with the power to damage blue barriers and enemies.

- Demon Dodge - Keep it as it is, maybe adjust the damage boost a slight bit lower, and like above, infuse rebellion for a short duration to damage red barriers and red enemies.

- Hold Charged Shots w/o holding shoot button - A simple intuitive way to do this, just assume if the person holds the button for a short duration that they want to the shot to charge automatically. (I know theoretically this is possible via a dodge/spam attack trick, but lets just make it a normal function).

nice.....i do miss the wall runs. i also miss the holy water. it would be cool to have a short animation or cutscene when dante uses the holy water. like have him toss the holy water container in the air and shoot it with ebony or ivory, causing the water to rain down on enemies.

nice.....i do miss the wall runs. i also miss the holy water. it would be cool to have a short animation or cutscene when dante uses the holy water. like have him toss the holy water container in the air and shoot it with ebony or ivory, causing the water to rain down on enemies.
I'd like it without the cutscene, the holy water, just make it something he throws quickly from his jacket. But yeah, the running on walls is the one thing I want most, because there is no way to integrate ebony and ivory into combos and retain momentum horizontally in the game.

S.F.W

King of Hearts
Eh, I have a few wacky ideas:
  • Special shades that when are put on, are able to reveal the true nature of attacks. They can reflect some projectile attacks and guard/stagger against some physical attacks
  • Reave: Not only will Osiris get stronger with each successful atttack/combo or whatever, you gain back some of your health. The higher your combo rating, the more health you get per hit. Like S would be 8%, SS would be 10%, and SSS would be 12% (or something along those lines)

REAPER 3142

I'd like it without the cutscene, the holy water, just make it something he throws quickly from his jacket. But yeah, the running on walls is the one thing I want most, because there is no way to integrate ebony and ivory into combos and retain momentum horizontally in the game.

I miss two-some time also. it was just really cool looking in the older ones. even if it is used like in dmc2 where you could only shoot at an enemy you are walking towards, i would be okay with that.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
May I add more? If so, I hope you all won't mind.

Angel Guard - when defending at the right moment, Dante phases out but phases in behind his foe so he can attack them with ease (It reminds me of an ability learned from a game called Musashi Samurai Legend when Musashi defends from an attack, he disappears in thin air only to reappear behind his attacker now open for a counter attack). You will only get more RoyalGuard energy for doing that than normal blocking.

Demon Guard - when defending at the right moment, Dante absorbs more RoyalGuard energy. So it's basically DmC's version of DMC3's and 4's Just Block; however, you get more RoyalGuard energy than normal blocking like the Angel Guard.

The Royalguard gauge will be below Dante's new image (Dante has white hair! So let's imagine what Dante's image located on the upper left of the HUD would look like for DmC2!) seen in DmC's HUD for those wondering where in the HUD would be located if DmC2 would be made. (Yeah; game design ideas!)

I do agree Demon Dodge needs to be boosted slightly lower than DmC's for the sake of balance.

Angel Dodge should be improved though; it should be like Trickster Lv 3 in DMC3 (Triple Dash and Air Trick) or like the Blink ability seen Warcraft III but with limited range.

Thoughts?

I miss two-some time also. it was just really cool looking in the older ones. even if it is used like in dmc2 where you could only shoot at an enemy you are walking towards, i would be okay with that.
I too want Twosome Time even though its command input is similar to DMC2 where it first came in.

REAPER 3142

Angel Guard - when defending at the right moment, Dante phases out but phases in behind his foe so he can attack them with ease (It reminds me of an ability learned from a game called Musashi Samurai Legend when Musashi defends from an attack, he disappears in thin air only to reappear behind his attacker now open for a counter attack). You will only get more RoyalGuard energy for doing that than normal blocking.

Demon Guard - when defending at the right moment, Dante absorbs more RoyalGuard energy. So it's basically DmC's version of DMC3's and 4's Just Block; however, you get more RoyalGuard energy than normal blocking like the Angel Guard.

The Royalguard gauge will be below Dante's new image (Dante has white hair! So let's imagine what Dante's image located on the upper left of the HUD would look like for DmC2!) seen in DmC's HUD for those wondering where in the HUD would be located if DmC2 would be made. (Yeah; game design ideas!)

I do agree Demon Dodge needs to be boosted slightly lower than DmC's for the sake of balance.

Angel Dodge should be improved though; it should be like Trickster Lv 3 in DMC3 (Triple Dash and Air Trick) or like the Blink ability seen Warcraft III but with limited range.

Thoughts?

I too want Twosome Time even though its command input is similar to DMC2 where it first came in.

Thoughts?

i like that alot man........i would really like to see the devil bringer come back, but as a weapon. a gauntlet that is worn and used just like a demon weapon. i wasnt a fan of it being physically part of nero. that just didnt seem right. i like this look.make it black and red.....just really sinister looking. works the exact same way as dmc4.

pop-gauntlet.jpg

Great thread. Btw, I agree with everything besides getting rid of demon dodge, I love the aesthetic effect of the slo mo, its just beautiful for combo videos and just ultra satisfying. I don't care if the damage buff is nerfed, but gotta keep that slo mo effect.

REAPER 3142

Great thread. Btw, I agree with everything besides getting rid of demon dodge, I love the aesthetic effect of the slo mo, its just beautiful for combo videos and just ultra satisfying. I don't care if the damage buff is nerfed, but gotta keep that slo mo effect.

thanks man, yeah i agree, demon dodge is pretty sweet. if there is another DmC i would like to see angelic swords with a similar move set as agni and rudra. those weapons were so much fun. i kind of like this look. maybe look like gold handles with blue blades and runes or enochian writing carved into them.

MC-FM-411_3_.png

Top Bottom