• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New vs. Old

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I fail to see any connection between them,if you,yourself prefer the concept of DmC that's another thing.
There are people who prefer their games more for the gameplay and atmosphere,others for the story and such.Just because one game has a better story development doesn't make it better.

I didn't say DmC was better. I said it just did a better job at story then the original.

IncarnatedDemon

I didn't say DmC was better. I said it just did a better job at story then the original.
I'd argue DmC's story telling was on same level as DMC 1. The only difference i see between DMC 1 and DmC's is technology difference. DmC being made in a time with better techniques and methods for graphic and audio.

Dante being serious and not out of character
Awesome composed scene

Thought out story: Even though you defeated Nelo Angelo in gameplay (playing as Dante) the story portrays Nelo Angelo beating your arse up and then putting you into a chokehold. Until Nelo Angelo ses the amulet , which makes him fight against controll of Mundus.
Even the music and audio used in this scene was nice. It gave us hints at whats going on. e.g when Nelo Angelo sees the amulet you hear a sound that is meant to be a exclamination mark with a question symbol. What happens after that isnt something like Dante or Nelo doing something goofy, it was straight out a scene of a boss going nuts and makes us players go "Whats going on ?".

Gives us insight on Trish's thoughts about Dante: Trish notices Dante's power and his compassion for others (even demons)

Gives us insight on Dante's mind state: Saving Trish because she looks like his mother after she betrayed her by trying to kill him.
Then when Trish shows remorse, Dante gives a profound speech about why Trish is nothing like her mother.
This speech that Dante gives can, it's meaning, be found in Harry Potter where Tom Riddle asks his teacher "How do you make a Hawkcrux" and the teacher says "Through Murder" and continues on to say "Murder is the violation of the soul". In DMC's context, Trish betrayed Dante, betrayal being a bad deed. Dante then drew a premature conclusion that Trish had no soul.

And here we see Trish protecting Dante, which makes sense because Dante was kind and showed compassion, while Mundus killed Griffon, a loyal servant who would continue fighting for Mundus even when wounded.

And there are more that can be shown. I dont think DmC did a significant better job at story telling than DMC 1.

I'd argue DmC's story telling was on same level as DMC 1. The only difference i see between DMC 1 and DmC's is technology difference. DmC being made in a time with better techniques and methods for graphic and audio.

Dante being serious and not out of character
Awesome composed scene

Thought out story: Even though you defeated Nelo Angelo in gameplay (playing as Dante) the story portrays Nelo Angelo beating your arse up and then putting you into a chokehold. Until Nelo Angelo ses the amulet , which makes him fight against controll of Mundus.
Even the music and audio used in this scene was nice. It gave us hints at whats going on. e.g when Nelo Angelo sees the amulet you hear a sound that is meant to be a exclamination mark with a question symbol.

Gives us insight on Trish's thoughts about Dante: Trish notices Dante's power and his compassion for others (even demons)

Gives us insight on Dante's mind state: Saving Trish because she looks like his mother after she betrayed her by trying to kill him.
Then when Trish shows remorse, Dante gives a profound speech about why Trish is nothing like her mother.
This speech that Dante gives can, it's meaning, be found in Harry Potter where Tom Riddle asks his teacher "How do you make a Hawkcrux" and the teacher says "Through Murder" and continues on to say "Murder is the violation of the soul". In DMC's context, Trish betrayed Dante, betrayal being a bad deed. Dante then drew a premature conclusion that Trish had no soul.

And here we see Trish protecting Dante, which makes sense because Dante was kind and showed compassion, while Mundus killed Griffon, a loyal servant who would continue fighting for Mundus even when wounded.

And there are more that can be shown. I dont think DmC did a significant better job at story telling than a DMC 1.

I agree DMC 1 had a really good story and had a really good start. It's my favourite one besides DMC3.Not only in terms of gameplay(DMC3 still wins) but also in terms of character,action and story.

Also,speaking of Nelo Angelo,at one point in the song when you fight him,there's a part which sounds exactly the same as Vergil's theme in DMC3.

DmC did a better job at story-telling,but mostly because technology evolved a lot in the last years.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Hell i'd argue DMC 1 had the best title screen of all the games.

You mean the font?
images

Or the opening sequence?

Top Bottom