• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New vergil final boss vs classic vergil final boss

Which battle was more fun to play

• Total voters

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I like the difficulty of Vergil in DMC 3. The punishing difficulty is one of the things my masochistic side enjoys.

And I like the whole presentation of DmC's fight. From the stand off at the end, and seeing their relationship unravel like that. Had more of an impact. It was a fairly decent boss fight overall. The best in that game at least.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
DMC3, in either challenge, atmosphere, tone, build-up.

Compared to the other bosses in DmC, Vergil battle was indeed a good fight, but he was not that challenging and the "be in Devil Trigger to actually defeat him" gimmick kinda annoyed me. Overall, he kinda felt slightly tacked on, to me. Still the best boss fight in the game, imo.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
DMC3 felt to me like a actually final battle the first time you get to the end of DMC3 you have to go all out or you just get wrecked

in DmC yeah he was the best boss but he isn't really that different from an elite guard
mostly just dodge and counter attack
also the music to the fight didn't really impress me (but i didn't really like the music much in DmC over all)

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
DMC3 felt to me like a actually final battle the first time you get to the end of DMC3 you have to go all out or you just get wrecked

in DmC yeah he was the best boss but he isn't really that different from an elite guard
mostly just dodge and counter attack
also the music to the fight didn't really impress me (but i didn't really like the music much in DmC over all)
It was all dubstep. Whoever's idea that was has never played DMC or any other hack N slash. And also the only way I could hit him is when he was in the middle of a move DMC3 vergil was much more fast paced and really made u stay on it toes

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It was all dubstep. Whoever's idea that was has never played DMC or any other hack N slash. And also the only way I could hit him is when he was in the middle of a move DMC3 vergil was much more fast paced and really made u stay on it toes
Combichrist is not dubstep. It's aggrotech. A sub genre stemming from industrial rock. The same type of rock Devil May Cry always used. So yea, who's idea was that played Devil May Cry.

Ever listen to Ramstein? That's Combichrist's contributions. Noisia was the one who added that the little bit of dubstep, and that was mainly for Lilith's nightclub.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Classic Vergil for Difficulty and challenge: C!Vergil had a way better challenge with yamato and force edge. He was hard to fight the first time around and you had to be on your toes to defeat him. But once you get use to his movements however, sadly he's just as easy to beat as N!Vergil, and that's saying something. Nevertheless he's hard to defeat on any difficulty for a first timer so I gotta give it to C!Vergil there.

New Vergil for atmosphere and build up: I preferred the brotherly dynamic of DmC then DMC3. It felt more cinematic as oppose to an anime setting with the whole "MY SOUL WILL STOP YOU!" trope. With DmC, it was more to my liking with no super orchestrated dramatic music. Just somber music slowly setting the tone and then the sheer insanity burst from Vergil and the music as well to accompany that rage. DMC3 does this too buuuuut I preferred DmC.

I'm disappointed that DmC Vergil's boss fight didn't get a rev up to match DMC3 Vergil's boss fight in the Definitive edition. Though he does more attacks and is more physical, it's still not enough to be considered final boss material.

Frost

Demon of Icy Wind
I enjoyed both fights, but Vergil in DMC3 was definitely a lot more challenging and intense. I had to be careful and plan my attacks well, otherwise he would screw me up. With DmC Vergil I could just spam the same attack over and over again and still easily beat him, regardless of difficulty. Though the fight was improved in the Definitive Edition since he would take more damage and attack more aggressively.

From a purely audiovisual point of view the fights are pretty much tied IMO. Both have great "end of times" kind of atmosphere and visually interesting locales. In DMC3 they fight at the mouth of the Hell Gate that divides the Human and Demon worlds, while in DmC the confrontation takes place on top of the ruined human world, overrun by demons. I give a slight nod to DMC3 for having better, more fitting music. Most of DmC's soundtrack did nothing for me, and especially the final boss track was really underwhelming.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The DMC3 Vergil fight will always be the better of the two for simple reason that it only contains 2 cut scenes, the one before the fight and the one after, as opposed to DmC's where there are more cutscenes per boss fight than any other game I can think of and Vergil's has the most in the entire game. That is just the worst. I'll be kickin' ass and working my way up the rank when suddenly the screen stops I am snapped out of the zone like five times.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
DMC3 Vergil is more challenging and both him and the DmC Vergil have a great atmosphere. I've got to give the edge to the DMC3 Vergil for not playing 5 cutscenes during the fight though. Both fights have equally great music in my opinion.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
DMC3 for me in all parameters. DMC3 made it feel like real final battle, while DmC had pretty spontaneous build up to it. In terms of challenge DMC3 Vergil has much more advanced AI and extended move-set, while DmC boss fight has much more telegraphed moves and wasn't hard at all.
And last but not least. DmC has horrendous pacing with 4-5 in-between cutscenes, that completely ruin fight for me, because they aren't even skippable. While in DMC3 you can enjoy fight from A till Z without worrying that you suddenly get pulled out from fight to hear some stuff. (Honestly stuff like this looks pretty terrible. I can't imagine how even best bosses in Dark Souls would look if you pulled from the fight to watch some cuteness you don't care about)

Top Bottom