• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New swordmasters future DMCs?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Any thoughts of new DMC characters? Those who wield swords?

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
You want to create and divide characters by style? Frankly, I don’t think that any game hence fort will feature styles. I think they’ll split the combat functions across the controller like they did with DMC.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
No of course not.

But anyways, new characters in mind regardless of what I said?

Those who can wield a sword?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I thought about focusing on Brad and Julia and giving them a son or daughter to be a focus character in a later season.

They were the demon/human couple Dante helped in episode 3.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Probably wouldn't be a bad thing to have a larger cast of regular characters in the vein of how the DMC anime.

So people who might help Dante out in his shop like Morrison from the anime. Or maybe rival Demon Hunters, who maybe not as strong as Dante physically but in the ways of hunting demons can give him a run for his money.

Possibly best to expand the world building. DMC always felt a bit small in that regard.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Perhaps half-breeds?

Swordwielders? Anyone that uses a rapier? Scimitar? Claymore?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Since DMC is an action title you would think of a fighting style for the characters. Usually you would create a character to fullfill a function in the world/story. DMC is about fighting the supernatural to avenge people/seek justice so i guess creating hunters would help.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm suprised there haven't been any Asian characters in DMC.

Nero might have made more sense if he were half yokai/half sparda to me.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
We've seen a lot of European-related places like Fortuna.

African & Asia haven't done. Perhaps an area similar to Africa's Kenya or Nigeria mixed with Egypt.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
There was a fanfic OC that was a black guy who grew up adopted by an elderly asian couple. He was an antique dealer and fought with swords so someone like that would be cool to see.

EDIT- he was Toshiro from the Iscariot Seal.

I wanted to bring a pair of siblings from Sudan who hunted demons but they felt like a distant counterpart for Credo/kyrie.

HeroOfTime

Perhapes a government agent of some kind or even just back round type hunters

If it was my choice I'd of given Morrison a back round as a hunter maybe his six shooter would have holy water in the tip? Mabe a machete as his close range option?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How about a half-yokai and a half-djinn teaming up with Dante? And a demigod from Egypt joining Dante as well?

Goldsickle

I had an idea for a former Order knight who quit but not before having to live the rest of her life with the effects of the Ascension ceremony.
I have an idea for her melee weapon and firearm but have no clue what her "Devil Trigger" appearance will be.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
What about an old character like "Whistler" from Blade who helps craft new weapons for Dante, Nero & Vergil?

Forging demon souls into weapons.

HeroOfTime

What of a guy who could be competition with Dante? At lest for the lower demons or devil's like a fellow hunter whos considered the best on earth? A Van helsin type?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Ronin
I couldn't see a human doing that on their own. So a good guy demon felt about right and Phineas already is one so....

@HeroOfTime
Dante has an unhealthly advantage but it could be a fun gag.

In general we do need more exploration into the demon hunters.

HeroOfTime

@Z218

Well yeah he'd have a advantage but I'm thinking more a guy who is at lest wiser and that's how he can compensate for lack of demon power

Also had the idea of a true nifhilem(spelling not my strong suit sorry)
A half Angel half human or even a dhpire like a blade type to compete with his power

Top Bottom