• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Steam Refund Policy

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Steam_logo.png

http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

So Steam has just added this awesome new policy where you can get a refund for any reason so long as you ask for one within a certain time frame and have played the game for less than 2 hours.

This is something ALL digital distribution systems need to get.

I just used this a few minutes ago on the Hatred game because even though I did have fun with the game, the game was horribly optimized and not worth what I payed, so hopefully I should have my refund soon.

Also a nifty thing to notice is it's perk in Steam sales where if you buy the game full price and then realize it's on sale the next day, you can ask for a refund on that game, buy it again at sale price and Steam is perfectly fine with it.

Hell yeah that's another win for the PC Master Race and this makes buying games at full price and buying games you feel uncertain about feel less risky.

I just wish this policy was in effect when I bought The Stanley Parable.​

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hopefully this comes into effect on ALL digital downloads on all platforms soon.

Also a nifty thing to notice is it's perk in Steam sales where if you buy the game full price and then realize it's on sale the next day, you can ask for a refund on that game, buy it again at sale price and Steam is perfectly fine with it.​

I'm happy about this too as it seems to happen to me all the time after I have purchased games. Though timeframe is longer than next day from what I heard earlier.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Not only does this force devs to add more content to their games, but it also forces them to abandon their "oh let's fix the game later" policy, now if games are broken day 1 then the return rates will be through the roof, looking(and laughing) at Ubisoft on that one lol.

If this is Valves way of apologizing for the poor attempt at charging for mods, then apology accepted Valve! :)

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Even though they were probably forced to do it, since they had to go to the court a bunch of times in EU, this is pretty awesome. I hope the quality of games on day 1 will improve now that this is a thing.

Top Bottom