• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New graphics card

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Im getting a new GPU and i was wondering if you guys could give me any good GPU's that i can get for £30-£60, my very max is about £80.
Thanks =]

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Oooh, hard to say really. No chance you can up your budget? You might need to add an extra zero on the end if you're after the absolute crème de la crème of graphics cards. You might be able to get an old previous, previous generation graphics card for that amount but I wouldn't know who'd stock 'em anymore. You might have more luck on eBay.

Wish I could help. I wouldn't say no to a GPU upgrade myself, to be honest.

revan17

I have a Radeon HD3870 and it falls under your budget, around on 150$, but you can probably get it for less.

If you can up the budget, get a HD4850, it goes for 200$.

ATI's new cards are really awesome and the prices are really acceptable. I can play pretty much anything on high details with my HD3870, great card.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
DMC i would up it with another 0, but i am only a teen, and i can only have a paper round, that pays £70 a month, + what i can ween off my brother, which wont be alot cuz he is going to uni in september, but i was planning on getting something in the Nvidia 8 series, but i dont really know much difference, and i dont really know weather i should go for an early model with more memory, or a new one with less, and im not a fan of ATI but i might try

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Nvidia have been good to me, never had a problem, the on board GPU i have ATM is an Nvidia GeForce 7050 and its just too old for the games i like e.g. UT3, assassins creed Bioshock ect. and when i get CoD 4 its gona struggle lol, and i need to be buying it sooner rather than later so i can get gaming lol

revan17

nVidia is better overall, mostly because of driver support, but lot more expensive. ATI's latest cards are so good that they forced nVidia to drop their prices a LOT. It speaks volumes about how good the cards are.

Read about the ATI new cards here:
http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-4850-and-4870-review-force3d/14

Trust me, if you have 200$, you simply can't go wrong with HD4850. If you can't afford it, go for the earlier HD3870 and you won't be disapointed. I run DMC4 on everything max and most other games as well with HD3870.

Sparda™

ATI has been getting better, but never to compete in that way against NVIDIA. All game companies recommend NVIDIA. When you open DMCC4 on PC, It shows the logo of CAPCOM first, then the logo of NVIDIA - The Way It's Meant To Be Played...

NVIDIA is the way to go, of course. For your card, Vauxchen, you can try and get a new GeForce 8800 GT SLi. I've heard they got price drops on that one.:)

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
that does look like a nice card, but its £150 lol il ask my brother if i can borrow some money and see what he says, if i can then il probably get that one, if not then i will probably wait til next month and i have £70 more and il buy then

Top Bottom