• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DMC3/4 Mods & Modding Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Hey ya'll. Apologies up front if this is against some forum rules that I missed.

I dunno how many have the 2 PC released games for the computer, but those that did might know that Hell's Atelier (the main modding forum) disappeared a few months ago without a trace. Since then, a handful of us have got together and created a new forum for it. And even though its regretfully empty at the moment in the DMC 3 area - there's quite a few DMC 4 mods up.

Also we've salvaged most of the guides on how to mod these games if you were interested in learning. One of our miracle workers has a backup of the Hell's Atelier archive but is unable to access it - so if anyone happened to have another, or have any of the mods that were showcased there, we'd love to see ya.

Anyhow here's the site: InfernalWorks.

We've got most of the major things all setup so figured it was time to rebuild our ranks, and try to find any of the folks who used to lurk HA. I'm Kittn on there too. (Oh, so creative.)

Hope to see some of you there. :)

moseslmpg

Looks pretty fancy. Hopefully now someone can rip the textures and environments of DMC1 and DMC2 for me, somehow. I must have them...

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Thanks. :3
Until they release those games for PC, I'm not sure how this would be done aside from re-creating them from scratch. Maybe with a decent PS2 emulator... hmm. There's an idea, actually. DMC3 for PC still uses the PS2 file type for its textures. So who knows? Something to think about, at least.

moseslmpg

Yeah, a PS2 emulator would probably work, since it does render the PS2 graphics on the computer. If the files could be extracted somehow from that, it should work for at least viewing them.

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
Probably used an emulator and a texture ripper, I'm not sure. I think he's still working through his old files since he's been out of the modding scene for a while but it sounds like he has the ones from DMC1 too. Hopefully he'll share em when he gets settled in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom