• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DMC hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Official DD Site according to several Sites updated with message hinting at new Dragon's Dogma or new DMC game. Let's all pray and hope for both franchises getting updated in nearest future. Personally I would prefer new DMC, considering that we already have Deep Down and Bloodborne coming soon but DD2 should be awesome treat as well.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
So it seems like Capcom may be be sticking to the "More Devil May Cry in 2015" statement after all.

And since Ninja Theory has confirmed that they have no involvement in a DmC2, I think we may be seeing a return of the good ol Dante.
Also let's not forget that Itsuno wanted to make a DMC5.
But these are all just rumors.

I don't think this game will be any good even if it actually is DMC, because Capcom is hellbent on the casual audience and as I said a few threads back, DMC5 will just be another dumbed down bore with Capcom using Classic Dante as a marketing tool to long time fans as a "Look it's classic Dante, you can't complain now!!".
Capcom can't do anything good without screwing something else up.

Let's just wait and see.

Also I never played Dragon's Dogma as I don't like RPGs or at least Dungeons and Dragons type RPGs so if this is DD2 then I won't have any interest in it.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Dragon's Dogma isn't true RPG, it's more like Darksiders 2 where you have equips, but gameplay is mostly HnS. As for DMC, I dunno. I gonna wait before I judge it, but as long it's not DmC2 I'm willing to give it a chance.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
This is an insane thought, but maybe Itsuno teased both Dragon's Dogma and DMC in the same post in an attempt to secretly hint at a crossover between the two....?

I know, just take a bath in salt as you process that idea, but it's not impossible. Especially with how there's a large emphasis on Hack-N'-Slash Gameplay in Dogma.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
This is an insane thought, but maybe Itsuno teased both Dragon's Dogma and DMC in the same post in an attempt to secretly hint at a crossover between the two....?

I know, just take a bath in salt as you process that idea, but it's not impossible. Especially with how there's a large emphasis on Hack-N'-Slash Gameplay in Dogma.
I highly doubt that'll happen, making both games seems like a good idea since both fanbases want them and would give Capcom some good profit, but a crossover would be chaos, both fanbases would be tearing Capcom apart for denying them the stand alone games they've been wanting and they certainly don't need that backlash right now.

Maybe he's teasing both because he's making both.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Dragon's Dogma isn't true RPG, it's more like Darksiders 2 where you have equips, but gameplay is mostly HnS.
It's funny you say that, because DD is still one of the best RPGs in recent memory. It actually allows for a lot of customization of your characters' looks, and you can choose between skills too. Modern RPGs could take it as an example for the things they lack. All you can do in RPGs like Dark Souls 2 is dodge at the right time and choose between three or four not-so-ugly armor sets. I'd take DD over that any day.

The official site also said ''Imagine Dragons Performing Tonight''. Dragons. DD2? lol.
I'm not sure what to think. Capcom said they wouldn't make sequels to games that sold less than two million, so that would mean DD2 is impossible. But if they announced DMC5 already, that might be a bad move, since a lot of fans still hate Capcom for DmC, and they also hate Capcom for its business practices. That anger needs to cool down first, I think.
It is possible that they're going to announce neither DD2 nor DMC5, but something new altogether, something that's inspired by both games.

Last edited:

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
It seems the comment on the website was taken down. Now im scared! :( Maybe it was a mistake? I really hope it a leak and not just some misinformation! Please Hiroyuki dont toy with my emotions!!

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Bad News. It was a hoax as confirmed by Greg on Capcom official site. Just great. Think franchise IS dead.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
What. The. FAK. Why the f*ck would they do that? They think that's funny or something?
Seriously, if they don't announce anything in the next few hours, I'm done. Just done.
If they announce something than on this weekend, but greg said that "there is nothing to announce about DD and DMC." So I assume after DmC' and DD sales, Capcom canned them both.

NessPSI

Tony Redgraaaave!
If Devil may cry isnt at playstation experience i will have lost all faith from capcom! Who on earth is even in control of Dragons dogmas website and how could Capcom even let that be put up? Well the domain name of Devil may cry was reassured 2 days ago. So maybe the dragon dogma's website creator who i assume is hiroyuki(director of dmc4 and DD) knows something we dont...

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
If they announce something than on this weekend, but greg said that "there is nothing to announce about DD and DMC." So I assume after DmC' and DD sales, Capcom canned them both.
Yeah. Capcom really can't do anything right. Man, sometimes I wish they would go back to a '90s/2000s mentality.
F*ck Capcom, I hope they burn -- then maybe some new, good developing studios will form out of the ashes.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
''Looks like the DD site social feed is including posts not made by the official channel. Weird, but we're looking into it.''
Weird. WEIRD? Seriously, that's all they have to say? Who even run that Dragon's Dogma website?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
*somebody hacked our site....hmm weird. Whatever, nobody cares anyway* ....ah...never change Capcom #sarcasm

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
And capcom registered Dragon's Dogma online. ....I don'T even want to hear about them

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
And capcom registered Dragon's Dogma online. ....I don'T even want to hear about them
Dragon's Dogma... online? I mean, the first one was online too, but it was mainly single-player, which is why its gameplay is so good and its graphics are so great, etc etc. I really don't want them to f*ck up Dragon's Dogma too... but this is Capcom we're talking about. Seriously, I have no hope for Capcom anymore. Zilch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom