• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New character ideas to introduce for Devil May Cry 6

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
It's gonna take a while for Devil May Cry 6 to come into fruition. But until then, wonder what new characters to join in?

New characters from the human & demon world to join alongside the main cast I bet.

• A rival for Nero?
  • Someone from the Demon World for Dante & Vergil to meet?
  • A new gunsmith who's demon & trained by Machiavelli years ago?
  • A new summoner?
Any ideas for characters, please share.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Governments would invest in demon fighting solutions. That could include different kinds of technology so you could have advances made in robotics. The government would invest in robotics as expendable soldiers.

So you could have a playable robotic character as a secondary protagonist.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Honestly? I think part of the franchise's problem is the habit of constantly introducing new characters while not expanding on the pre-existing ones. For as much flak as I give DMC5, at least it tried to focus on the Sparda family - even if I didn't like the execution.

Trish and Lady are big offenders of characters who have been given little to do after their debuts, so if it were up to me then I would try to add at least one new character who helps flesh them out a bit more.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Nero's mom could be an interesting angle. She's probably dead but being alive offers more opportunities for the series.

You could make her a summoner as she could take over V's mechanics. In universe she could be the first summoner Vergil worked with so how his summons work in 5 came from memories of seeing her.

Her role in the story could be that of a trickster character- those are characters with murky intentions. She's an ally Nero has to work but Nero is uncertain of what she really wants.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Governments would invest in demon fighting solutions. That could include different kinds of technology so you could have advances made in robotics. The government would invest in robotics as expendable soldiers.
Replaying DMC4:SE and the scene where Nero meets the demon wearing the Order's Knight armour always intrigued me as Nero seemed completely confident of the idea some dude in armour could get all the way into the castle past the demons. It makes me wonder if the way forward for humanity is to reject technology and return to the sword and shield lol. :ROFL:

No word of a lie, Dark Souls with DMC gameplay could actually be really fun. :unsure:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Last year, I pitched a pair of characters called Steady and Slick.

One was a demon hunter while the other was a human turned demon looking for a cure.

Steady is more calm and collected and uses a spear while Slick is more of a talker and likely to rely on misdirection.

They are inspired by Jak and Daxter and their story tackles the theme of friends reconnecting years later but finding themselves different. Just one's a demon hunter and the other is a demon.

Top Bottom