• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Assassin's Creed to be announced in May

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
The next Assassin's Creed game will be announced in May, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has just confirmed.

Speaking to investors on a conference call this afternoon, Guillemot said the new game will be released this year.

"We will have an Assassin's Creed this year... We are going to give you more details in May," he said, confirming that it's a "packaged title".

The publisher said it plans to pour more resources into the Assassin's Creed franchise to make it even more profitable.

The news follows confirmation last year that a new Assassin's Creed will be released in Ubisoft's next fiscal year, starting April 1, 2011.

Asked during an investor call if we'll see a new game during its fiscal year 2011-2012, Guillemot replied: "There will be something around Assassin's - that's all we can say."

Ubisoft confirmed this afternoon that latest instalment Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood has shipped 6.5 million copies.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/288914/news/new-assassins-creed-to-be-announced-in-may/

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
More Assassin's Creed? I guess I wouldn't really understand since I haven't touched the game but I am impressed by how fast they are developing these games.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Maybe fast development isn't such a great thing though. It shows shows us how demanding they think fans really are. Which not all fans actually are. Still, should be good. None of them have been bad so far in my opinion.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
*Headdesk* MORE Assassin's Creed?

Ubi should give the series a break for like, two or three years, just enough for a decent development cycle to ensure it won't suck and long enough to put it out of people's minds for a while so the public doesn't get sick of it.

Take a lesson from Activision, rampantly publishing sequels year after year is a sure-fire way to watch your series become stagnant.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
(I almost can't wait for Activision to screw up CoD too; I think this incessant obssession with comparing of game sales to the sales of CoD will be disastrous for the entire gaming industry as a whole. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy CoD, but Activision will milk this cow to death given half a chance. The sooner that happens, the sooner other companies can all stop being butthurt they're not selling as much as it did. And I am SO glad they are dumping Guitar Hero.)

More AC, huh? I'm vaguely intrigued. But if they rush yet another out motivated by good sales it might well be sub-par.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Yeah im not desperate for a new AC just for the moment I would rather sit tight knowing they are taking plenty of time and care with the next one. Quality over quantity, it was only supposed to be a trilogy anyway.

Meg

Well I really loved Brotherhood. In fact its the only one that I really really like, but I just got done with it. I really wish they'd wait before giving us more AC. Not only that, but there are already so many great games coming outt his year and now another AC? My wallet=broke.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I dont mind they have announced a new one so soon as its meant to be the true sequel to Assassins Creed II which it would have been 2 years since. I hope they dont continue to create spin off's of each game though.

Meg

Dark Drakan;300168 said:
I dont mind they have announced a new one so soon as its meant to be the true sequel to Assassins Creed II which it would have been 2 years since. I hope they dont continue to create spin off's of each game though.

If its ACIII there is a good chance it has been in development for a while now and they just haven't said anything about it yet because of Brotherhood. :3

Dark Drakan

Admin
Meg;300183 said:
If its ACIII there is a good chance it has been in development for a while now and they just haven't said anything about it yet because of Brotherhood. :3

Thats what im assuming, as another spin off so close to Brotherhood would make no sense at all.

Top Bottom