• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

.NET Framework error

Balamuk

any other sollution to fix this?PLEAseee

maaan i got tired to get this error every time i check please if some one knows a sollution post IT we really wanna play this game...

Hellrazor

Still nothing! I tried everything. Renamed the assembly, uninstalled Chrome, and still the same stupid error! Please, help guys. I've been waiting for the next DMC game in years. This is a torture!

ZackValoN

Still nothing! I tried everything. Renamed the assembly, uninstalled Chrome, and still the same stupid error! Please, help guys. I've been waiting for the next DMC game in years. This is a torture!

Quote. I can't play and I still don't know why. :'(

Dark Drakan

Admin
Anything here help anyone? Can only find general .Net Framework issues rather than them being game specific.

ZackValoN

Nothing works. I unistalled all version of .NET Framework and reinstalled later starting by the first until the 4. The game doesn't launch, same error ever. Sayonara DmC

Hellrazor

Guys, I fixed the problem. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that, but I guess there was no other way.
Reinstall your Windows, install .NET Framework v4 - standalone installer and it will work like a charm.
I read somewhere that sometimes framework doesn't install right, and it messes up your assembly and blah blah to make a long story short - the only solution is to reinstall Windows.
Well, there you go! Enjoy DmC.
P.S. It's awesome! :)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Guys, I fixed the problem. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that, but I guess there was no other way.
Reinstall your Windows, install .NET Framework v4 - standalone installer and it will work like a charm.
I read somewhere that sometimes framework doesn't install right, and it messes up your assembly and blah blah to make a long story short - the only solution is to reinstall Windows.
Well, there you go! Enjoy DmC.
P.S. It's awesome! :)

Thanks for the update & nice to see someone has gotten it working. However there are some ways to remove it without a total reinstallation of Windows but its not straight forward. Some more info here too.

There is also a .NET Framework cleanup tool.

Hellrazor

Trust me, I've tried it all. I'm the one who started this thread, and I was looking for a way to do it without reinstalling the whole system, but there was no other way, unfortunately. Now it looks like a charm. :)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Trust me, I've tried it all. I'm the one who started this thread, and I was looking for a way to do it without reinstalling the whole system, but there was no other way, unfortunately. Now it looks like a charm. :)

Just dont know how many people would be willing to do this to run the game. So offered alternatives for them to at least try to remove & reinstall before resorting to that. Glad you fixed yours though & happy it worked. ^_^

Hellrazor

Yeah, I agree, but still, you have to reinstall your system every once in a while, and you can play it then. :)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yeah, I agree, but still, you have to reinstall your system every once in a while, and you can play it then. :)

If its something you dont mind doing then fair enough but has to be an easier way for some that might not work for everyone (such as yourself).

Hellrazor

Well, then try uninstalling Framework and installing that v4.0 stand alone installer, try updating your DirectX. Maybe upgrading your Windows to Service Pack 1 will help. I did it after I reinstalled the system. Maybe it had some effect.

cadd70

GUYS, I REGISTRED MYSELF IN THIS FORUM JUST TO POST HERE MY SOLUTION.

I had the same problem with DMC. This .Net Framework issue just would not let the game start.
I tried everything:
- Re-install .Net Framework 4 Standalone. NOTHING.
- I even rebooted in safe mode just to be able to change the name of the "assembly" folder to re-install it again. NOTHING.

Here is what solved my problem: SERVICE PACK ONE!

My Windows 7 Ultimate did not have the SP1 installed.
I started Windows Update and selected all the .Net updates and the SP1 update as well.
And then the computer rebooted, configured the SP1 for me and VOYLA - DMC RAN ON FIRST TRY.

I had the same problem with The Witcher 2 - the game would not open, and it had the same .Net issue - BUT NOW (after SP1) THE WITCHER 2 WORKS TOO!

cadd70

Hey everyone.

I just came back here to say that SP1 is a total miracle.

I had this .Net issue with AMD Vision Control Center and with Razer Synapse 2.0:

- I was stuck in AMD Vision Control Center version 12.8 because if i updated it to 12.10 or 12.12 or 13.1 the program just stopped working: it could not open because a .Net Framework error window kept appearing everytime i rebooted the computer.

- I was stuck in old Razer drivers because it stopped working once i installed Razer Synapse 2.0 (the new driver package). If i istalled Synapse, the program would not open because the same .Net Framework error window appeared once i reboot the PC.

NOW WITH SP1 I COULD UPDATE **BOTH** DRIVERS AND THEY ARE WORKING FINE AND UP TO DATE.

Top Bottom