• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's possessed arm is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobfigurz

Let me add, to contradict your theory that weapons dont really have a role to play in the DMC series, explain Force Edge's involvement in the game and its standing as the most important weapon in the game.

Can you refuse that Force Edge, before it was in Dante's possession wasnt important?
And the fact that Sparda used that Sword to battle the legions of Mundus and subsequently defeat him and seal him in the Demon World with it, or can you dispute the fact that it releases Dante's full potential and true powers in DMC1.

Also, did Alastor not bring Dante's demon powers out and show us his DT?

Force_Edge

Master of Muppets
Rebellion showed Dante's devil form in DMC3. Since DMC3's before DMC1 (storywise), it rules out Alastor as particularly important. But Alastor was Dante's trademark sword until DMC2. It was the sword you were armed with in the demo, most pictures of him involved him wielding the Alastor.

Now, about the Devil Bringer. It's plot-related, because it's mentioned during cutscenes. Things like "power, give me more power" (not exact quote there) and "now I know this arm was made to send guys like you back to hell" kind of suggest it has some meaning. But I wouldn't want to bet on it to be a main plot thing. Nor would I bet on it being Vergil, although I'd say it has some connection to the older brother.

My two cents =) V to the P to the icky to the ollard ;)

Mobfigurz

Force_Edge, your right, but chronologically DMC1 came first, so we have that as a point of reference to say that Alastor unleashed Dante's powers so it is infact important, just cos storyline wise DMC3 is the begining of the story doesnt mean what we saw in DMC1 didnt happen.

And I mean can you guys play down or dispute the fact that Force Edge is less important in the whole scheme of things?

Its simple, weapons have a supporting role to play and they arent of lesser importance and we're being shown that by the 'Devil Bringer', cos infact for Nero its a weapon, but as the storyline progresses it may just take on a role of its own.

Force_Edge

Master of Muppets
DMC1 was the first instalment yes, so the first time we see Dante DT would be in that game, yes, but that doesn't mean he wasn't able to before. In DMC3 even with elemental weapons, Dante could first DT after Vergil gave him a good beating. And his DT form varies with the weapon he possesses, though they're a bit similar in general. Why he couldn't DT with the Force Edge isn't story related, it's purely a gameplay matter, just like weapons disappearing from game to game is also a gameplay thing. For fire arms, remember that they're optional to pick up (save for the shotgun) and in DMC3 the Kalina-Ann is returned to Lady. But that contradicts the theory that it's all gameplay... a confusing matter that will never be solved.

Rebellion has some importance, since it's Dante's weapon in DMC2, 3 and 4. E&! are his weapons in all games, and have a personal history behind them. Cerberus, Agni & Rudra, Nevan, Beowulf, Alastor, Ifrit, Vendetta and Merciless are all weapons that disappear, and from all of them only Alastor and Beowulf play slightly larger roles considering Vergil was the first to use them against you, and Alastor spoke to Dante and, like you said, allowed us for the first time to see him in Devil form.

But yeah, I believe the Devil Bringer has some story importance. It's important, however, to seperate gameplay aspects from story aspects. Confusing matter... bleh.

aoshi

Ok.
Demons in "Devil may cry 3" have no connection to the story or watever happens and i can prove it.Vergil resurrects "temen-ni-gru".Demons come out of the building.They are not sent by vergil or arkham but are from the ossessed building.Weapons forge from these demons and dante uses them on his way to meet vergil.

Sparda sword is a part of the story as both arkham and vergil sought it.The sword was not powerful on its own but gained power when sparda used it.Technically it is the devil trigger of sparda that they sought and not the weapon.If the devil trigger was in a amulet,They would have ditched the sparda sword and would have sought the amulet.They sought the DT and the sword.

Nero's arm may be a part of the story as i mentioned earlier as rebellion playin its part in DMC3.My guess is that nero is removing the seal since the cure for his arm is in the demon world and would seal it once he gets the cure.Dante bashes in the ceremony and stops nero and the portal remains closed.Nero seeks dante to get revenge for not letting him get his cure.In the process nero's identity and why he has the devil bringer may be revealed.

I am jus makin assumptions here.I dont intend to contradict theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom