• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's possessed arm is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltDeadpool

Merc with a Mouth
There are two things that possess people: Demons and spirits.

1. Maybe it's Vergil. They seem to want us to think it's him, but I don't think Vergil's dead.

2. It might just be a new demon character, which would be very cool.

3. Or, it could be Arkham. He lusted for power, remember? And even though he was a human, he was able to attain great demonic power.
While he wasn't more powerful than either Dante or Vergil, he was able to push them around a little.

Dark Elf

Dagger user
1.I used to think so.
2.Another new character? We already have Nero, right?
3.I don't think it's Arkham coz it took him a lot of time to possess Nero's arm

aoshi

Weapons in devil may cry have no connection to the story except for the sparda sword.The cult worships sparda.So nero's arm can not be any more powerful than sparda's sword.So nero's arm is jus a weapon or a new combat technique that capcom have worked on.They would have implemented devil bringer on PS2 if it was satisfactory.Since it was not satisfactory they did not implement it.My guess is that nero's arm is jus a weapon and has no demon inside it.

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Still can be a little connection. Remember, in the trailer Nero said:"From that day forth my arm changed and the voice echoed:power....give me more POWER!!!!!" or something like that
Isn't this enough

aoshi

That could be figurative.
Nero's arm is demonic.That much is certain.But not everything demonic has connection with wat the story is about.There were so many demons in the game but the demons that had major impact were induvidual characters and not the weapons they forge.The characters that had played major parts in dmc3 were dante,vergil,arkham,lady.
They all have weapons that form the trademark for each's fighting style.

dante:ebony and ivory
vergil:yamatao.

These weapons dont form stories or are linked to the stories.Besides ,if devil bringer was the major plot ,capcom would not be sayin that out loud in the trailer.

Dark Elf

Dagger user
Why not? You're talking about what it WAS before DMC 4. I bet you was not thinking about Nero as a main character instead of Dante. So Devil Bringer can be linked to a story

aoshi

I am relating DMC4 to its predecessors.The theory i am supporting says that nero's arm is jus a weapon.
Nero is the main characeter in the game.Dante is the boss.If dante forms the plot of the story,it has to be related to dante.Then again ,nero's arm does not form the plot or is anyway related to the story.

UltDeadpool

Merc with a Mouth
Taking the Devil Trigger out of a DMC game is like taking Megaman's arm cannon, or Mario's magic mushrooms (wink). Besides, that Nero sketch on the official site has a demonic image around him.
And yes, I think the Devil Bringer is going to bring alot to the story, if the story doesn't revolve around it.

Hey, I forget, is DMC4 supposed to happen before or after DMC2? Because the Devil Bringer's colors are similar to Bolverk's.

orochi47

aoshi;14964 said:
Weapons in devil may cry have no connection to the story except for the sparda sword.The cult worships sparda.So nero's arm can not be any more powerful than sparda's sword.So nero's arm is jus a weapon or a new combat technique that capcom have worked on.They would have implemented devil bringer on PS2 if it was satisfactory.Since it was not satisfactory they did not implement it.My guess is that nero's arm is jus a weapon and has no demon inside it.
you are wrong in dmc 3 and 1 the w eapons were like zanpakuto from bleach ,cerberus (nunchuks)well was a basically a big 3 headed pit bull who looked like he got trapped in the freezer.alastor the posessed sword who apparently has been stuck in an electrical socket that lifted itself off the ground and impaled dante.ifrit the flaming boxing gloves.beowulf the shiny nightlight kick a$$ ifrit wannabes (my favorite weapon in dmc history)agni and rudra the twin swords (notice these are the only twins in dmc that actually get along)that just wont shut the f@!#%! up!and nevan to satisfy your urge to just knock somebody upside the head with a guitar and electricute the sh#% out of them at the same time back to the point all these weapons were posessed by demons why not neros arm

Mobfigurz

Well we've established Nero's arm plays a major role in the entire story, if that wasnt the case we wouldnt be going back and forth trying to discover what happened and if Vergil has something to do with it.
Also, the weapons of the game have much to do with the storylines, if they didnt then the characters would be stuck with one weapon and there would be no storyline progression. By defeating these foes/bosses and obtaining weapons we get more knowledge of the underworld, if not blaitantly but none the less we get a bigger picture of the entire story. And not to mention it enhances the characters moves and powers in certain situations, like Alastor providing Dante with flight and the fact that the amulets merging together and then with Force Edge created the Sparda sword and thus unleashed Dante's true Devil powers, in the form of his Father as his blood right to become the Sparda Demon.

UltDeadpool

Merc with a Mouth
I'm just having a hard time believing that Nero's possessed arm is Vergil.
Vergil's color is blue. Even as Nelo Angelo in DMC1, he had blue lights pulsating through his black armor. But Nero's possessed arm is brown and yellow.

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
UltDeadpool;15393 said:
I'm just having a hard time believing that Nero's possessed arm is Vergil.
Vergil's color is blue. Even as Nelo Angelo in DMC1, he had blue lights pulsating through his black armor. But Nero's possessed arm is brown and yellow.

I agree with you, however I don't think color has anything to do with it. But if we're looking at color, maybe the demon possessing his arm is the Phantom?

I don't know. But I will have to say that I don't think Vergil is possessing Nero's arm

UltDeadpool

Merc with a Mouth
Atredus;15395 said:
I agree with you, however I don't think color has anything to do with it. But if we're looking at color, maybe the demon possessing his arm is the Phantom?

Phantom is light grey with lava (yellow, orange, red).

Atredus;15392 said:
Maybe the demon possessing his arm is Sparda.

Hey, that's an idea!

aoshi

U want me to tell u the story again.Dont you?

Dante is a guy who thinks it is cool to be a demon.Bang,vergil comes into picture,stabs dante and says there is more to it than bein cool.Dante gets mad.Lady makes dante aware of the responsibility that his father left.Dante awakens to justice and beats vergil.THIS IS THE PLOT IN DEVIL MAY CRY 3.

Rebellion is a keepsake sword left by his father to dante.That is how the weapon is described.The description for devil bringer is that it is demonic.Rebellion is not the plot in DMC3.

No agni&rudra,no cerebrus,no nevan,no beowulff gauntlet had any part in the story.Nor will devil bringer is my theory.U cant dismiss off this theory entirely.If u want to,Give me a better proof where dante uses these weapons in the cutscenes with vergil or dante using these weapons to tell some plot or story.These weapons jus add to the story and to effective gameplay.

Nero's arm is demonic.But i dont think it is vergil or has the major part of the story in it.It is jus a demonic weapon.Also the awakening of nero's powers is also hinted to play some part in the story.So transformation of his arm or any changes could be expected since that is the onloy demonic part.So may be a little bit like the rebellion but not the major pot itself.Like rebellion mixing with dante's blood awakened his DT.Some significance of nero's "personality" and not the story.

Sleeping Giant

Since I have stated before that I believe Nero is Sparda, I would say that Nero's arm is a part of Sparda's devil trigger that will eventually consume all Nero's body (as the gateway to the demon world weakens; Sparda's powers return)......just like prince of persia: the two thrones (the prince's arm)

Mobfigurz

I dont know what to say anymore, we've all got our theories and some of them are way out there and stretching the imagination, even for a videogame, but we shall see what the story is when the game is launched, but hopefully Capcom give us more to go on before the release of DMC4.

Lets see how many of you hardcore fans return after the launch and say, 'I was right', ha ha, I bet lots of you will be saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom