• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's Past and Questions about Nero

Sparda™

I bet everyone is interested on Nero's past and questions regarding a lot of stuff around him.

There are rumors that he's Sparda reincarnated, as he has a lot from Dante and Vergil. Secondly, his arm, doesn't make him a human at all. He's a demon 100%.

I think that explains a lot. Having a reaction like that towards the Yamato....

Plus, he hates demons a lot, and that is compared only to Sparda.

I don't know about you, so post what you think....;)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Personally I cannot think of Nero as an 100% demon. First of all, the only demonic feature/power he has at the beginning of the game is his arm.
So yeah that shows us that he is surely partially demonic at the very least.
That arm allows him to perform unimaginable feats for simple humans as well as absorb items of demonic origin inside his arm and use their powers. (As he did with most of the items in the game along with Yamato itself).

After about the middle of the game he gains the ability to Devil Trigger. However, he remains the same. He only gains a different aura, red eyes and a demonic spirit appears behind him.
In my humble opinion the reason for this new ability (Devil Trigger) was triggered by the Devil Arm Yamato. If he could transform without Yamato after his awakening, then there would be no reason for him to "need this" when Dante confronted him, since the only new ability/power that was given to him along with it was his Devil Trigger. The proof is that the spirit behind him holds Yamato.

Suppose that the spirit was tied with him and not with Yamato, then when he would transform the spirit would be rendered useless since it wouldn't have a weapon. Maybe it could try some kick-boxing combos but I this that stretches the whole thing a bit.
As far as I am concerned without Yamato he can't transform, and he remains just a guy with a Demon Arm.

Now as to why Yamato resonated with him, probably proves that he is connected either with Vergil (reasons for believing that: The spirit behind him looks like Vergil's Devil Trigger could look like in modern/new generation. It also sheaths Yamato, as Devil Triggered Vergil did. While Nero fires bullets when in Devil Trigger, the spirit shoots Summoned Swords. And of course we all know that Yamato used to be Vergil's. - For those who don't, Dante says it to Nero in their 2nd fight. Also Sanctus pointed that Nero has Sparda's blood in him. Vergil has Sparda's blood too, so you get the idea) or just be some relic/experiment/whatever connected with Sparda (and his blood) under some weird fashion.

My point? Well, if he's connected with Vergil, he definitely can't be his son. Therefore, some sort of weird event caused him to absorb some part of him, causing him to become part demonic.

If he's just a descendant of Sparda's blood - as Sanctus pointed out - then his devil/Sparda blood in him is fewer than the devil/Sparda blood in Dante.

While we can't call Dante a devil (Since he is half devil half human), then we definitely can't call Nero a complete devil for all these above reasons.

=]

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Nero is part human,part devil...but,he has the Devil Bringer arm which makes him more devilish,yet retains his human form and feelings...Either that Arm of his a part of Nelo Angelo's soul (Vergil),or his Arm has been eaten by some sort of a devil parasite...another proof is when he D.T.,the devil spirit almost resembles Vergil's D.T..and that spirit sheathes the Yamato near his left arm,which is NOT a coincidence...however,that does not explain what really happen to Vergil after the events of DMC...let's hope DMC 5 will explain all of this...

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I'm lovin' all your Nero theories so far, guys! +rep to everyone so far ;)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Chaos Master;68959 said:
let's hope DMC 5 will explain all of this...

I really want that, but given that in every DMC Capcom contradicts itself regarding the storyline I don't have high hopes>_<

Oh, and thanks for the rep Steve^_^

II Regicide II

The Greatest
i can prove that hes not 100% demon
he talks about his human emotions to the old fart
he talks about hows hes not even human anymore because he doesnt have emotions like love
he shows love towards kyrie and if he was a full demon theres no way that he could love some one
oh bw im not exactly sure if thats hat he said but thats basically close enough

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Tony_Redgrave;68989 said:
I really want that, but given that in every DMC Capcom contradicts itself regarding the storyline I don't have high hopes>_<

Oh, and thanks for the rep Steve^_^

That is the problem...Capcom needs some idea to link every single DMC games in a single story...:(

As DMC 4 does not explain fully about the Devil Bringer,DMC 5 must explain it...and how suddenly Nero has Sparda's blood...?even better,he is Sparda's descendant...

Either Sparda can travels time himself,or he cheats off with another woman...Damn you,Sparda...for being not loyal to Eva...what is not to be expected,Dante is a playboy and rebellious,it is a fair bet that his father is playboy and rebellious too...:\

oh yeah,thanks 4 rep+...:)

Sparda™

First of all, thanks for the +rep...:D

Second, It is better for you guys to watch this image, taken from the Gallery of DMC4, and for the images, thanks to VI-Rainbow..;)

Nero Devil Trigger Full - Yamato/Red Queen

As you can see from the image, It is clearly. The distinctive arm holding the sword, and the reflection of him with the Red Queen.

It is possibly something clear that Nero will return for the next Devil May Cry, in full Devil Trigger.

I think that Nero is a 100% pure devil. The all 'human feelings' trick is very believable. Let's not forget that Sparda himself cared about the human race 2000 years ago, rebelling against his own kind, so that's a big feeling for a 100% devil like him. He married a human and gave birth to the twins we all know. I'm saying that Sparda may have been reincarnated into Nero. He traits both features of Dante and Vergil, and has Sparda's blood.

There's no other explanation for having Sparda's blood, that rather being Sparda himself reincarnated...

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I can't see why the image serves as a proof. It just shows the spirit holding Yamato. (As it always does when you transform in Devil Trigger with Nero). Don't forget that the spirit is taller than Nero so logically in a full-body version of the picture (if there was any) we would probably see Nero as well bellow/in front of the spirit.
As for the reflexion on the sword it's clearly Dante in Devil Trigger form with Rebellion. He's red, he smirks, he has spikes where his "beard" originally is - definitely the version of DMC4 Dante's Devil Trigger;)
So for me this reminds me the Dante-Vergil rivalry. As it shows only the "transformed forms" of both of them.

As for being reincarnated I don't think we can definitely say "yes he is" or "no he isn't".

It's a shame that Capcom made a game for him (with Dante as an extra) and did not tell us even the day when he got that arm.

Sparda™

Maybe the image may not prove as a believable proof, but how can you explain Sparda's blood on Nero?!

Capcom hasn't stated nothing yet, but It is more probable that Nero may be Sparda reincarnated...

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Dante Aseroth;69054 said:
Maybe the image may not prove as a believable proof, but how can you explain Sparda's blood on Nero?!

Capcom hasn't stated nothing yet, but It is more probable that Nero may be Sparda reincarnated...

Reincarnation usually happens when the person who died, didn't live his life at the fullest or did not complete some kind of duty that had to be done by him or her. Since Sparda did the unimaginable, and now Dante continues it, I don't see a reason for reincarnation.

As for how Nero has the blood of Sparda, I definitely cannot say. I can speculate many things of course, but until Capcom officially announces something (which I don't think will happen any time soon unfortunately *sigh*) anything I, you, or anyone else say remains nothing but speculation;)

One easy thought that comes to my mind is that since Nero "inherited the blood of Sparda" may mean that he's either a descendant of Sparda or, a descendant to some relative of Sparda.
But as I said, that remains to be seen.;)

edit: june, I only say what I think:p

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Tony_Redgrave;69084 said:
Reincarnation usually happens when the person who died, didn't live his life at the fullest or did not complete some kind of duty that had to be done by him or her. Since Sparda did the unimaginable, and now Dante continues it, I don't see a reason for reincarnation.

As for how Nero has the blood of Sparda, I definitely cannot say. I can speculate many things of course, but until Capcom officially announces something (which I don't think will happen any time soon unfortunately *sigh*) anything I, you, or anyone else say remains nothing but speculation;)

One easy thought that comes to my mind is that since Nero "inherited the blood of Sparda" may mean that he's either a descendant of Sparda or, a descendant to some relative of Sparda.
But as I said, that remains to be seen.;)

edit: june, I only say what I think:p

Like i said above,Sparda is cheating with someone else...or travels time freely...^_^

Sparda™

Still, a window is open for the possibility of Nero being Sparda. Until Capcom clarifies It, I'll think so..

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Am I he only one who wants Nero to be Nero? the promised "son" of Dante that we heard about all those years ago?

Whoever Nero turns out to be I hope they dont change a thing about him, I think he is a fantastic character most likley beause he reminds me of what Dante used to be like before Capcom turned him into a teenager and forgot to turn him back.
>_< I want TOUGH tough guy Dante back, not horny teenage tough guy Dante.

Top Bottom