• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero's Past and Questions about Nero

Omega-Time2Die

Lets Dine in Hell...
I'm not one for the whole Nero being Sparda idea...I just don't see it being possible, I'm still adament that Nero is connected with Vergil of course, purely for the obvious reason of the 'soul' of Nelo Angelo inside him when he resurrected Yamato.

Quote from DMC3 - Vergil 'The power...Give me more Power! I need more Power!'

Quote from DMC4 - Nero whom after resurrecting Yamato also goes into his Nelo Angelo like DT trance and says 'Need...more...Power'

This clearly and blatantly links the both of them in some manner, and I think therefore rules out Nero's possibility of being Sparda.
I beleive that in DMC1 after Nelo Angelo's supposed death when he explodes and leaves his half of the amulet behind...his arm or his soul is intrusted onto Nero as a child...

*Dante may have had something to do with this decision...as we get the impression that Dante somehow knew Nero before their first encounter in DMC4*

This may result in someway Nero being closely related to Dante or Vergil - whether it be...cousin, nephew, brother, son...Either of these should not be ruled out of the equation...but we will not truely know the real answers behind Nero as I'm sure Capcom will want to keep it hush and torment us all with all these possibilities... :|...But ultimately...I really don't think that Nero could be Sparda...

But I'd be greatful and intrigued to hear your theory/reasoning behind this belief :)

All thoughts appreciated :D

II Regicide II

The Greatest
Omega-Time2Die;69411 said:
I'm not one for the whole Nero being Sparda idea...I just don't see it being possible, I'm still adament that Nero is connected with Vergil of course, purely for the obvious reason of the 'soul' of Nelo Angelo inside him when he resurrected Yamato.

Quote from DMC4 - Nero whom after resurrecting Yamato also goes into his Nelo Angelo like DT trance and says 'Need...more...Power'

This clearly and blatantly links the both of them in some manner, and I think therefore rules out Nero's possibility of being Sparda.
I beleive that in DMC1 after Nelo Angelo's supposed death when he explodes and leaves his half of the amulet behind...his arm or his soul is intrusted onto Nero as a child...

*Dante may have had something to do with this decision...as we get the impression that Dante somehow knew Nero before their first encounter in DMC4*

This may result in someway Nero being closely related to Dante or Vergil - whether it be...cousin, nephew, brother, son...Either of these should not be ruled out of the equation...but we will not truely know the real answers behind Nero as I'm sure Capcom will want to keep it hush and torment us all with all these possibilities... :|...But ultimately...I really don't think that Nero could be Sparda...

But I'd be greatful and intrigued to hear your theory/reasoning behind this belief :)

i thought the same thing but never really posted it
and yes he knew him before because Dante said your getting stronger when they fought

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Omega-Time2Die;69411 said:

There are things that I agree with and things I do not:p

Agree thingies:
About the power thingy. Yes, not only it was what Vergil wanted in Devil May Cry 3, but also Nero only mentioned it when he got Yamato, gained Devil Trigger, etc. Plus he said that his hand simply just "changed" some day, the same day when he heard the "voice" whispering give me power etc.
Thus we can definitely create the speculation that Vergil and Nero's Arm (therefore, Yamato, Nero's Devil Trigger, etc too) are connected somehow.

I also don't think that Nero is Sparda. I mean if he were he would be able to do MANY things that Dante cannot, plus he would have more power etc.

Disagree thingies:
About Nelo Angelo giving/transferring power to Nero. I can't agree with that. At least, if it happened then Nelo Angelo did not do it voluntarily according to my thinking.
If we go back to Devil May Cry 1 and the third battle between Dante and Nelo Angelo we can see these facts:
1) Nelo Angelo starts trying to break free from Mundus' control. That can be seen with the removal of his helmet. Some said/say that Nelo Angelo just acknowledged Dante's skill (like Dante acknowledged Nelo Angelo's skill) and by removing his helmet he not only showed respect to Dante but also showed him that from now on it'll be a serious battle. Well, that may also be the case but that's what I think. In their first battle Nelo Angelo was just Mundus' puppet and could have easily strangled Dante. However when he saw the amulet he kinda started reverting to Vergil, maybe some images of his past flashed in his mind and instead of fighting Dante he took off. This was the 1st step to show that his mind started breaking free from Mundus' influence. The second is that he UN-Devil-Triggered part of his Corrupted Devil Form that may not be his true form/power but a result that Mundus' brainwashing. Like saying to Dante "I don't know exactly who you are and what's going on, but that's my normal face, if you know me, help me up". However his face was distorted and Dante couldn't tell before Nelo Angelo's defeat. And the 3rd and final proof is that with more part of his conscience "freed" from Mundus he could use some of his trademark moves like the Summoned Swords;)
So when he exploded/teleported/died/left/disappeared maybe some of his conscience escaped somewhere. And by some luck Nero was the one who found it and therefore got part of the Sparda's twins abilities by chance/luck/error/mistake.

Also, I can't see why you guys tell that Dante knew Nero simply because Dante said "Getting better...I would even go as far as to say that I underestimated your...abilities" after Nero impaled him with Rebellion (by the way, second Vergil characteristic we see there;) ). If he knew him then wouldn't he show it more in the game? I just thought that he said "Getting better..etc" because he started to like Nero's spirit/style/skill as he was the only one who provided him with some difficulty. If he knew Nero, he wouldn't attack there would he? (Although I never got to see the point of the attack anyway but whatever:p ).

As for being cousin/nephew/whatever, that remains to be seen. Sanctus did mention that Nero is "a descendant of the Sparda blood". However like everything in Devil May Cry 4, Sanctus did not give us a hint as where did he got that idea in the first place...

Still, nice theory^_^

II Regicide II

The Greatest
getting better means he did know him
that means theve fought before
i dont see how it can mean he underestimated him that makes no sence
you dont do something then 2 seconds later say oh your getting better
im almost positive that it means they knew each other
sry about that outburst

Omega-Time2Die

Lets Dine in Hell...
Tony_Redgrave;69421 said:
There are things that I agree with and things I do not:p

Agree thingies:
About the power thingy. Yes, not only it was what Vergil wanted in Devil May Cry 3, but also Nero only mentioned it when he got Yamato, gained Devil Trigger, etc. Plus he said that his hand simply just "changed" some day, the same day when he heard the "voice" whispering give me power etc.
Thus we can definitely create the speculation that Vergil and Nero's Arm (therefore, Yamato, Nero's Devil Trigger, etc too) are connected somehow.

I also don't think that Nero is Sparda. I mean if he were he would be able to do MANY things that Dante cannot, plus he would have more power etc.

Disagree thingies:
About Nelo Angelo giving/transferring power to Nero. I can't agree with that. At least, if it happened then Nelo Angelo did not do it voluntarily according to my thinking.
If we go back to Devil May Cry 1 and the third battle between Dante and Nelo Angelo we can see these facts:
1) Nelo Angelo starts trying to break free from Mundus' control. That can be seen with the removal of his helmet. Some said/say that Nelo Angelo just acknowledged Dante's skill (like Dante acknowledged Nelo Angelo's skill) and by removing his helmet he not only showed respect to Dante but also showed him that from now on it'll be a serious battle. Well, that may also be the case but that's what I think. In their first battle Nelo Angelo was just Mundus' puppet and could have easily strangled Dante. However when he saw the amulet he kinda started reverting to Vergil, maybe some images of his past flashed in his mind and instead of fighting Dante he took off. This was the 1st step to show that his mind started breaking free from Mundus' influence. The second is that he UN-Devil-Triggered part of his Corrupted Devil Form that may not be his true form/power but a result that Mundus' brainwashing. Like saying to Dante "I don't know exactly who you are and what's going on, but that's my normal face, if you know me, help me up". However his face was distorted and Dante couldn't tell before Nelo Angelo's defeat. And the 3rd and final proof is that with more part of his conscience "freed" from Mundus he could use some of his trademark moves like the Summoned Swords;)
So when he exploded/teleported/died/left/disappeared maybe some of his conscience escaped somewhere. And by some luck Nero was the one who found it and therefore got part of the Sparda's twins abilities by chance/luck/error/mistake.

Also, I can't see why you guys tell that Dante knew Nero simply because Dante said "Getting better...I would even go as far as to say that I underestimated your...abilities" after Nero impaled him with Rebellion (by the way, second Vergil characteristic we see there;) ). If he knew him then wouldn't he show it more in the game? I just thought that he said "Getting better..etc" because he started to like Nero's spirit/style/skill as he was the only one who provided him with some difficulty. If he knew Nero, he wouldn't attack there would he? (Although I never got to see the point of the attack anyway but whatever:p ).

As for being cousin/nephew/whatever, that remains to be seen. Sanctus did mention that Nero is "a descendant of the Sparda blood". However like everything in Devil May Cry 4, Sanctus did not give us a hint as where did he got that idea in the first place...

Still, nice theory^_^

Nice theory also...when you talk about Dante showing it more in the game, like showing he knew him more - I think Capcom probably made sure not to give too much away...so that we fans could start threads such as these :p . So i still do think that they knew each other - but the creators just wanted to leave it til the next DMC installment before revealing all I guess :).

I still have a strong belief that it's not just a conscious matter thats been passed onto Nero from Nelo Angelo/Vergil - I still beleive that after he was.. as you put it...exploded/teleported/died/left/disappeared, then the demon part of Vergil tried to return to it's original host..But obviously could not, so found a similar host..perhaaaaaaaaaps in Bloodline? Who knows...

I think we can both agree Tony...that 5's gona have to have some kick *** story to answer all our questions and speculations eh? :p

But I agree with basically that all you've said, some good theories...why don't me and you just join capcom and help them write 5? :D hehe ^ ^

*Props Tony* :)

Cloud 355

Fatal;69439 said:
getting better means he did know him
that means theve fought before
i dont see how it can mean he underestimated him that makes no sence
you dont do something then 2 seconds later say oh your getting better
im almost positive that it means they knew each other
sry about that outburst

Saying "getting better" does not mean that they've already met before. Dante was just saying Nero was getting better, or had shown that he could has the abilities to do more from what happened in the events that happened about 10 minutes prior to the quote.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Omega-Time2Die;69463 said:
Nice theory also...when you talk about Dante showing it more in the game, like showing he knew him more - I think Capcom probably made sure not to give too much away...so that we fans could start threads such as these :p . So i still do think that they knew each other - but the creators just wanted to leave it til the next DMC installment before revealing all I guess :).

I still have a strong belief that it's not just a conscious matter thats been passed onto Nero from Nelo Angelo/Vergil - I still beleive that after he was.. as you put it...exploded/teleported/died/left/disappeared, then the demon part of Vergil tried to return to it's original host..But obviously could not, so found a similar host..perhaaaaaaaaaps in Bloodline? Who knows...

I think we can both agree Tony...that 5's gona have to have some kick *** story to answer all our questions and speculations eh? :p

But I agree with basically that all you've said, some good theories...why don't me and you just join capcom and help them write 5? :D hehe ^ ^

*Props Tony* :)

Hmm, I don't know if Dante knew Nero but Nero definitely did not know Dante. If he did, he would say something like "YOU AGAIN?!?" when Dante appeared and start killing everyone.
Dante "may" have known Nero, but he's always like that. Even with Lady, he acted as if they knew each other (although Lady did not:p ).
But that remains to be seen..given that he entrusted Yamato so easily he might as well knew about Nero, but not know "Nero" if that makes any sense:p

As for Nelo Angelo, I think his problem was that he was kinda tainted by Mundus. He tried to revert back to being Vergil in the 3rd fight in Devil May Cry 1 but failed to do so. I think he is the normal "host" as you put it, but up until his fight with Dante he wasn't able to become pure/free/un-tainted so that he could become himself again, maybe due to some of Mundus' tricks.
That's why it seems weird to me that he may had voluntarily given part of his power to someone else (it's so not Vergil-ish:p). But that remains to be seen I guess.

We can definitely reach some sort of agreement in the near future, I believe so^_^
I don't have high hopes about DMC5 concerning answering our questions about all these, but I Do want that to happen.
And haha, it'll be nice if we could help Capcom regarding their scenario somehow:lol:

Top Bottom