• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero=Raiden

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Allot of you hate Nero for stealing the spotlight frum Dante.

Allot of people hated Raiden frum Metal Gear Solid 2 for the same reason. But Raiden came back in Metal gear Solid 4 guns of the patriots and everyone loves what he's become(Kickass swordmaster!!!)

I think Nero may do the same thing, wow us in the Next game.

We should be giving him more of a chance.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Methinks you've read my mind actually, I've been thinking the same thing for a while.

Oh and, on a side note, I've put my extreme hatred of Nero to rest. :lol:

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
:lol: Ah what can I say, I get on easily with mature people like yourself who don't throw things out of proportion, regardless of the fact that we disagree on a lot of points.

But yes, I think Nero's suffering from the "Hideo Kojima" syndrome, the fact that we've got a new, slightly less cool character filling the role of the much loved main character, and people are annoyed by it.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Angelo Credo;99892 said:
But yes, I think Nero's suffering from the "Hideo Kojima" syndrome, the fact that we've got a new, slightly less cool character filling the role of the much loved main character, and people are annoyed by it.

Exactly!!

Zato-OW

King
Well Raiden now is better then Snake. Atleast in fighting he is, even though it isn't fair, but in a way it is fair kinda.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Some great points, AC and BA! +rep

Personally, I liked Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2 and from what I've seen of him in Metal Gear Solid 4, Konami managed to help him score, like... a billion on my awesome-o-meter.

And the same goes for Nero. I think he made a great debut in Devil May Cry 4 and I can't wait to see what Capcom has in store for the series' new hero in Devil May Cry 5!

Zato-OW

King
Actually you haven't been paying attention to what Kobayashi has been saying. He wants Nero to take the lead in the series because Dante's getting old and they feel they spent enough time on him with the past 3 games so they wanted to start fresh for next gen consoles with Nero. But this may not be the case in DMC5 with half liking him and half disliking him. SO he has a 50/50 chance of being the main lead or sharing it again with Dante.

slapsus

hell no... Dante isn't getting old... if Sparda lived for about 2000 years why couldn't Dante :D

I mean it would be the stupidest mystake for Capcom to drop Dante...sure Nero is a cool character and I like him, but if there's no Dante then the series won't ever be the same.

Zato-OW

King
The fact he is half human and is aging right before our eyes means hes getting old. He just like Blade has all of the vampires strengths and weaknesses well cept the daylight thing but he still ages like a normal human.

Irish-DEVILMAN

1st uSUFFER Then uDie
I thought Dante was at his strongest in DMC4 ( nothing fazed him in that game ) he's far from hanging up his sword and guns yet. After all he still has his own legacy to fulfill and just like his father he shall fight on untill his death. I can't see him being replaced in DMC5, I think he'll get more of the spotlight back or a least half of DMC5 will be his.

slapsus

how the hell is he getting old?o_O... he's only 28-29 in 4th and we're already talking like he's an old man...i mean GOD... he kicks *** in dmc2 in which he's about 45-50 and goes all the way to hell...and he'll no doubt come back with a few hundred demon lord heads for his shop :)

remember samanosuke in onimusha?... he was still old in DoD but still strong as ever.. Dante is no exeption :p

maybe you mean he's getting old, as in he's getting old fashioned... which is bullcr*p :D

Dante will always be the definition of DMC!!!

Top Bottom