• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero might have already known he was related to Sparda.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Just a thought I had recently there are a few things that point to this:
1. Nero is not confused about being told he was by both Dante and Sanctus. even after the situation was over he didn't ask dante about it.
2. Nero lives in a isolated comunity where everyone worships Sparda and yet has absolutly no interest in their religion. he dosen't seem to be an athest ( he said " i hate that god gave me this arm" instead of " i hate this arm") and yet he ignores the only religion in the area.
3. Nero's past is not a complete mystery within the dmc universe. Dante and Sanctus, two people who have never interacted before the events of the game, both know that Nero is connected to Sparda.

moseslmpg

I doubt it. Nero believes himself to be a human throughout the game. And as for him not being surprised, well, in DMC4, no one was really surprised by anything that they should have been surprised by. Dante wasn't surprised by Trish handing over the Sparda sword, or disguising herself as Gloria, or by Nero looking just like him, or by DAs appearing out of nowhere, etc.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
moseslmpg;270333 said:
I doubt it. Nero believes himself to be a human throughout the game. And as for him not being surprised, well, in DMC4, no one was really surprised by anything that they should have been surprised by. Dante wasn't surprised by Trish handing over the Sparda sword, or disguising herself as Gloria, or by Nero looking just like him, or by DAs appearing out of nowhere, etc.

I have to completely agree with this. Besides, why introduce Nero as the kind of character who is like "What has happened to me?", if he knows his relation to Sparda. If he knew he was Dante's brother (Or whatever). He would of just told Dante that he knew that stuff, yet he didn't, because he was seriously confused by everything that was going on. Dante was less confused or surprised by things, because of his expertise in the demon killing side of things. Nothing really fazes Dante, to be honest. Whereas Nero was seriously questioning everything, his strength and his own meaning and purpose to himself and others. Dante knows where he stands already, and Nero has yet to know his true self. He is going on his journey now, Dante is just a huge helping hand. So no, I doubt Nero knew before Dante came along that he was related to Sparda.

And just to note, who actually knows that he is? I don't remember it being truly confirmed by Capcom, due to everybody going "I wonder how Nero came to be?". Nero was never stated as fact to be a relation of any sort to Sparda. He was just hinted that by a crazy old man, who probably knew nothing that was truly solid about Nero.

H

HarbingerOfChaos

>Your face when you realize Nero was violently raped by Sparda.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Well...there was the one line from Sanctus after Nero attaced him the first time...

"You have indeed inherited the power of Sparda..."

I don't see how he could've gotten it in any other way aside from being related. Seriously...if he's not related, then how would he have a part of Sparda's power? I think Sparda's either a daddy who made a third baby way later, or Sparda's a grandpa.

NintenDUDE

̄ω ̄
I had always thought that Dante was Nero's father, since they had nearly the same personality and white hair. The thought that they could be brothers had never even crossed my mind. @.@

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
That's only because you're new to the series.

There are four people that look (and act) relatively the same throughout the games.

Dante (Main Protagonist. Second Son of Sparda)
Vergil (Main Antagonist of DMC3. First Son of Sparda)
Sparda (The Legendary Dark Knight who turned against all of demon kind)

And then Nero, who's exact relation to Sparda has yet to be revealed, although it's heavily thought that

A. He's Vergil's son
B. He's a third Son of Sparda
or C. He's a reincarnation of one of the above.

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
I like to think of Nero as Sparda's reincarnation.

Berial hinted that their was something similar between Nero and Sparda.

Plus I feel Nero's struggle to save Kyrie carries overtones of Sparda's own Love for Eva.

Thats just what I think.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
my theory is a dying vergil(after being defeated by dante as nelo angelo) offering his soul(like most of dmc bosses do after admitting defeat) to a child who recently lost his parents during a demon attack or somethin

and him not remembering was due to being traumatized at a young age after watching his parents deaths(ala dexter)

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
Ichi-nii;275145 said:
I like to think of Nero as Sparda's reincarnation.

Berial hinted that their was something similar between Nero and Sparda.

Plus I feel Nero's struggle to save Kyrie carries overtones of Sparda's own Love for Eva.

Thats just what I think.

I think that's a little too off the wall.

Imagine that was the true fact, it would be outrageous to give into that. I'd hope that they've come up for a real good reason for why Nero is Nero.

Not some, "Oh hai, I'm Sparda...no.2?"
Fully possible, but it just doesn't add up.

EPIC PLOTLINE: Nero kills Kyrie accidentally, His Demon Arm completely transforms him into a universe threatening demon. Dante has to retrieve Yamato or else everyone loses. Typical save the world for Dante, right?
If they had put some thought into ideas like that.
They could reveal plenty and end it well.

Just my thoughts. :)

Ichi-nii

Dark Knight
Can I just ask, what was the general consensus by DMC-Fans on Nero?

I feel he's a welcome addition to DMC, his appearance and character appeal to me alot, but wish that his playtime and Dante's in DMC 4 was more balanced, it did feel like Capcom was trying to hint at him being the new protagonist with that imbalance.

Rellik

okay so my thoughts on Nero is this..... Nero could possibly be a reincarnation of sparda or vergil..... or parts of both of their souls have transsubstanciated to nero as an infant..... when Nero fights Dante the second time the cutscene at the end has dante say that yamato needed to stay in the family and it was a personal item.....he lets nero keep it and when nero tries to give it back at the end of the game Dante gives it to him.... maybe dante sees what others dont.....and in regards to nero not getting shocked by all the things that are going on...realize that he has a demon arm and the order praises a demon.....cant really expect him to be shocked by demonic angels and creatures from hell

Top Bottom