• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero. Is he really Vergil's son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
he is a pretty lazy dude by nature so he probably has other offers for jobs he just didnt do them since he didnt want to.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
he is a pretty lazy dude by nature so he probably has other offers for jobs he just didnt do them since he didnt want to.

Maybe no lazy, but pretty laid back. I get the feeling Dante is pretty care free about what work he chooses. I mean if there aren't hot chicks, pizza or strawberry sundaes involved, you can probably count on Dante not doing the work. LoL

Asmodaius

Isn't one of the most ironic things about Dante having his Demon Hunter business that he never really gets paid and has alot of unpaid debt? I doubt he has any other jobs than being a Demon Hunter...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yeah but you can't expect us to believe that after the ordeal he had with his brother, that nothing that serious happened for about ten years. That's just stupid.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Was that in response to me? Because if it was, then I don't get what you mean... XD

No, it was really in response to the two posters before. Not directed at them in an argumentative way. Just saying, I think it's pretty stupid if ten years had passed and he hadn't really had any major work.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
We do know that Dante either makes just enough to scrape by in day to day life (look at the shop - not exactly "comfy" by most standards). Sure if Dante saw real merit in a job he'd do it.

Asmodaius

No, it was really in response to the two posters before. Not directed at them in an argumentative way. Just saying, I think it's pretty stupid if ten years had passed and he hadn't really had any major work.

Ah, alrighty. ^^
But isn't that when the events of the anime is happening?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Ah, alrighty. ^^
But isn't that when the events of the anime is happening?

According to what I researched and found out about the time-line, the anime happens after Devil May Cry 1 and before Devil May Cry 4, which still makes it ten years after Devil May Cry 3. Meaning Dante had no 'serious' work for around ten years, it would seem.

Asmodaius

According to what I researched and found out about the time-line, the anime happens after Devil May Cry 1 and before Devil May Cry 4, which still makes it ten years after Devil May Cry 3. Meaning Dante had no 'serious' work for around ten years, it would seem.

Oh, of course, it's after he met Trish... D'OH!

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Oh, of course, it's after he met Trish... D'OH!

No biggie. I still can't believe he had all that work in around two years, after supposedly not having any real 'serious' work for ten years. It doesn't make sense to me. Capcom really should of thought the time-line through a little bit.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm not saying he didnt. I'm pretty sure he had other jobs that required effort. Whether or not they are of temen-ni-gru level is something i dont know. i was just joking with my other comments.

Actually you could do a whole anime/tv show based off the ten years btw 3 and 1 and never run out of ideas. or you could have done that for series post dmc3 and you could have a ton of possibilities. plus you dont have to deal with trying to figure out what to do with him post dmc1 since you could take your time getting there.

@ Asmodious-
the animated series and four takes place after, just not sure how far apart their are.
but the order is 1-anime-4.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
It just confused me as to why Dante wasn't 23/24 during Devil May Cry 1, I thought it would of made more sense. But he isn't.

And yeah, the time-line goes Devil May Cry 1, Devil May Cry: Anime, Devil May Cry 4. Dante is 28 in Devil May Cry 1. He's 28/29 in the anime. And 29 in Devil May Cry 4. So everything after Devil May Cry 1, literally happens one after the other.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
they don't have to take place in the same year.
The anime could be when he is 32-33 since a couple years passed since trish joined and left.

Shadow Sparda

Shadow Sparda
A descendant of Sparda's blood does not specifically mean Nero is Vergil's son. Perhaps Nero does have Sparda's blood running through him for other reasons than him being an actual descendant of Sparda himself. Maybe Sanctus was just trying to confuse Nero even more than he already seemed to be about his background/past. So taking that into consideration, we're going on the word of a deluded/deranged old man who sacrificed himself in some demonic ritual to be born again as a demon. Can we trust Sanctus as far as we can throw his old demonic ass? Perhaps not.

But, let's go on the assumption that he was telling the truth about Nero. Where does that lead us? Well, as said before, Nero can't be Vergil's son because it doesn't work out on the time-line. It also means he can't be Dante's son either. BUT, it does not mean that Nero can't be an actual son of Sparda himself. A younger brother to Dante and Vergil, if you will. And furthermore, it does not mean he can't have a blood relation to any other beings that had Sparda's blood running within them for whatever other reasons. Remember, there's a lot of 'this happened and that happened' when Sparda was around, but his life seems to be Legend/Myth. I believe he kept to himself, and very few people really knew what was going on with him. He was probably very secretive, I'm sure he had to be for protective reasons. With that said, there's no telling who also holds Sparda's blood in them. Whether they are part demon, half demon or whatever.
I agree with you on this 100%

Isn't one of the most ironic things about Dante having his Demon Hunter business that he never really gets paid and has alot of unpaid debt? I doubt he has any other jobs than being a Demon Hunter...
I can imagine Dante as pizza delivery boy ^^ or working for NT (just a coincidence or? :p).
Excuse me for offtopic but we already said everything about Nero being Vergil's son.

Asmodaius

If you are to change topic all-together, then make a new thread. No need to lead this thread down another alley. Just leave it be until someone else might have something to add to the main topic.

DanteDevil01

Dante_Redgrave
Thats exactly what i was thinking too that Nero could be a younger brother that Dante and Vergil didnt know about. I think that the only way to find out more about Nero is to read the DMC4 novels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom