• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero. Is he really Vergil's son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Maybe Sparda had tons of kids. I mean, he was over 2000 years old. Hence more relatives. Maybe Nero is some descendant from another marriage or whatever that took place hundreds of years before, so he's not got as much demon in there as the blood got diluted over the ages. I dunno.

I HAT YUO CAPCOM >8D

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
Actually.Im still confused why Sparda(the sword) did not react by a nibble to Nero.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Actually.Im still confused why Sparda(the sword) did not react by a nibble to Nero.

This could be another reason to assume that Nero is not a descendant of Sparda. However, Yamato didn't react at all to Dante.

NeroS

This could be another reason to assume that Nero is not a descendant of Sparda. However, Yamato didn't react at all to Dante.
How is Yamato supposed to react to Dante?.i mean.in what way does it have to react.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
How is Yamato supposed to react to Dante?.i mean.in what way does it have to react.

Well, Yamato reacted to Nero (Fixing itself) but it did not react to Dante one bit. The Sparda sword on the other hand didn't react to Nero in any sense. You would of thought that Yamato, being Vergil's sword, would of reacted more to Dante. Considering the blade was Vergil's, and the sword responds to its master (Or is suppose to) Nero is not the sword's owner, nor is he a SON of Sparda. Dante IS a son of Sparda. Vergil's his brother. Dante himself states the sword is a "family heirloom". Dante is family. Plus the sword seems to have a 'mind' of its own. With this said, the sword has fought against Dante several times, so it has gotten to know a bit about its opponent. It had never been present with Nero before (Never touched by. Never used against) but it grew an instant attachment to him. It would of made more sense that the Yamato sword would of repaired itself and taking a kindness to Dante for the circumstances I mentioned, but it didn't. Therefore with that said, it doesn't really matter that The Sparda sword didn't react to Nero.

Emerald

has the manliest avatar on the site
I always thought of Nero being, like, a reincarnation, pardon my bad spelling as it's one in the morning, of Vergil. It... just makes sense to me...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I always thought of Nero being, like, a reincarnation, pardon my bad spelling as it's one in the morning, of Vergil. It... just makes sense to me...

Well it's a good theory, I admit. A bit cliché though if you ask me, but it's a theory nonetheless. I suppose most of the theories are quite cliché. But then again, what isn't cliché these days? lol

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Unless the reason why yamato didnt respond to Dante is because the last owner of the sword wasn't Sparda. Yamato and Rebellion were passed on to Vergil and Dante by Sparda. Father = son. That could be why yamato responded to Nero (father=son) and not to Dante. Could also be why Sparda's sword responds to Dante and not to Nero. Sparda=Vergil(yamato) & Dante (rebellion)/sword of Sparda. Vergil= Nero(yamato). It makes an awful lot of sense to me.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
yeah, we've read it... and... to quote Sir Walter from Fable... "BALLS!"
I've put it down to a bad fan fiction... believe me, I and trained monkeys have written better ;)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yes, he is Vergil's son, you can deduce that by reading the DMC4 novel.

http://devils-lair.org/dmc4novel.php

Read the novel summary.

There.

I haven't read the novel, but I don't have to read it. Why? As I stated earlier, it is illogical for Nero to be Vergil's son. The time-line does not work out. Vergil would of been about 10 years old when he had sex to produce Nero. Can you see that happening? Not to mention it's the most cliché way to go about explaining Nero, if you ask me. But finally, the best thing I have to go on apart from it being illogical and cliché is this -

Important note: Morihashi Bingo was the scenario designer for DMC3 and 4 but he has now quit Capcom and is currently working as a free lancer. This novel is one of his free lance works so it's really up to you to decide whether the revelations in this novel are canon.

Morihashi Bingo has quit Capcom (He no longer works for them). It's his free lance work. As Vergil'sBitch stated, it's more Fan Fiction than canon. Whether or not he did work for Capcom is irrelevant, Capcom as a Company have not stated that what is in the novel is canon and true to the story.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
While I think the coolness factor of Vergil and Nero are the opposite of what Subject says, I agree that it's completely stupid that people would think Nero is Vergil's son. It's just not possible.

NeroS

It is completely impossible.come on now.Vergil gets captured when he's a teen by mundus.Then is turned into Nelo angelo.What?.Almost someone's gonna think he was forced to do it with Trish but that's foolish.
and now i only ask this.How did The arm repair Yamato but didnt respond to sparda(its a devil arm too right?).

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
It is completely impossible.come on now.Vergil gets captured when he's a teen by mundus.Then is turned into Nelo angelo.What?.Almost someone's gonna think he was forced to do it with Trish but that's foolish.
and now i only ask this.How did The arm repair Yamato but didnt respond to sparda(its a devil arm too right?).
Maybe, the demon who infected Nero's arm had the ability to repair broken devil arms. So that would explain how Yamato is reborn or it's just a plot hole.

NeroS

Even if a demon made his arm repair devil arms it also sucks them in.Yet Sparda was not sucked in at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom