• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero and his *spoiler*

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Ha. I love the way that the spoiler warning makes the title of this thread seem like a fill in the blank sentence. Nero and his...puppy. Nero and his...socks. Etc
Jokes aside I figured Nero would get his own Dt in this game and it was a nice moment. The design is snazzy too.

lol

Yeah, well, you can understand why I did it.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Sanctus went through the Ascension ceremony, and he didn't get sparda dt Picard

Just a power boost , but not even close to its full potential

Just like Arkham who was overloaded by it

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Sanctus went through the Ascension ceremony, and he didn't get sparda dt Picard

Just a power boost , but not even close to its full potential

Just like Arkham who was overloaded by it

So instead of being able to control it, Sanctus got possessed by by the sword? That is what I am confused by a bit, why would the sword give Sanctus any power at all? Unless it always gives some power, no matter who weilds it, or maybe Sanctus was able to forcibly connect to it due to Ascension ceremony?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
So instead of being able to control it, Sanctus got possessed by by the sword? That is what I am confused by a bit, why would the sword give Sanctus any power at all? Unless it always gives some power, no matter who weilds it, or maybe Sanctus was able to forcibly connect to it due to Ascension ceremony?

After beating him he yells "The power of Sparda... Why won't you give me strength?!". I always took that as implying that while he could wield it, in his hands it was just a particularly fancy sword and didn't lend him any power.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
No he wasn't possessed , only those with the power to wield it and of sparda bloodline can unlock its full power and potential

For anyone else who tries they get a power up but it's not it's full power , and it's temporary

It overloaded Arkham but gave him insane endurance, his power didn't increase that drastically though

Same with sanctus , Nero in DMC4 wouldn't have a chance against spardas full power

Hell Dmc1 Dante would have whooped Nero

Picard

Starfleet Demon
No he wasn't possessed , only those with the power to wield it and of sparda bloodline can unlock its full power and potential

For anyone else who tries they get a power up but it's not it's full power , and it's temporary

It overloaded Arkham but gave him insane endurance, his power didn't increase that drastically though

Same with sanctus , Nero in DMC4 wouldn't have a chance against spardas full power

Hell Dmc1 Dante would have whooped Nero

Yeah, that is how I took it as well. The only question, as I said, is why? Maybe sword simply cannot not give some power? So Sanctus got bare minimum of its power.

After beating him he yells "The power of Sparda... Why won't you give me strength?!". I always took that as implying that while he could wield it, in his hands it was just a particularly fancy sword and didn't lend him any power.

Sword did lend him some power - he is lot more powerful when you face him with the sword - but it clearly wasn't the full extent of what the sword is capable of.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
The sparda lineage swords only give full power to his bloodline

They were forged by sparda , all 3 of them

So to anyone else they give a much much smaller boost

The sparda sword has become irrelevant to Dante after DMC1 and 5 anyway as he is well beyond that power now

Top Bottom