• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero and his *spoiler*

Kishido

Hunter
Nero and his Devil Trigger.

Who thinks it looks amazing but strange at the same time?

Story wise I get he is just 1/4 demon but still it is powerful that even Vergil asks what form of Power this is?

Maybe Nero's mom was somehow special or dunno

But what I find more strange is him not only regrowing his arm but also being able to convert it to energy (?) when putting the Devil Breakers on again making it disappear as seen in the ending

So what you think about it?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I edited the thread title as putting DT is essentially a spoiler in itself since some won’t know Nero actually gains one unless they’ve played through the game.

Methix

I already thought about this nero looks half angel half demon more than half demon/human i think itsuno carried this over from DMC for nero cause he couldnt make dmc 2 and he wanted 2, that is one aspect i did not want in devil may cry none of that angel **** or nephalim crap, i really hope they didnt and dont make nero a nephalim and keep that **** our of devil may cry, it also overshadows dante and vergil,which i dont really like.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I think it might be due to him being more human , which is why he has a more humanoid less spiky and scale like look

That and the long white hair and wings suggest more purity

So it may be down to him having more humanity in him

Just my two cents, sidenote it reminded me of the Oni form in onimusha

Taramafor

I edited the thread title as putting DT is essentially a spoiler in itself since some won’t know Nero actually gains one unless they’ve played through the game.

That's actually not true considering he gains the DT in 4. So it's obvious he'd have one in 5.

I'm actually surprised he can't use it until the last fight and new game+ though.

As for his power it probably has less to do with the DT and more about himself as a person. Much like with Dante.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
His dt in 4 was from yamato , and not his own devil trigger

He doesn't use it through 5 as it takes overwhelming emotions and need at the end for him to unlock it and he hasn't unlocked it before that

Yamato DT was him channeling a spectral demon and not a full devil trigger of his own before 5

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Yeah, I believe that due to having Sparda's blood/being Vergil's son, Nero could tap into Vergil's own power in 4. So his DT was less of a "traditional" devil trigger and more Vergil helping him out, which is why it took on the "spectral entity" appearance. Kind of a "guardian angel" if you will. But DT in 5 is fully his own, which is why it has traditional appearance.

EDIT: That being said, isn't Nero first person to not require being impaled to unlock full DT? Might be a consequence of him getting impaled back in DMC4.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That is what it was , the dt in 4 had yamato in its arm and looked like Vergil form DMC 3's dt

It was his essence in the yamato after Nero restored it

Their swords are the manifestations of their power for Dante and Vergil , and probably has a bit of there soul and essence in them

The sparda sword for instance allowed Dante to become his dad's dt

Taramafor

Keep in mind Nero STILL used yamato.

In 3 Dante was stabbed by yamato. Which unlocked his demon powers.

Nero just didn't do the getting stabbed part. But the sword still stuck with him for a while (it was practically his arm in 5). So in the end he was able to unlock it himself. The sword "rubbed off" on him. Dante himself says the sword reacted to him.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Nero was stabbed in the devil bringer by Yamato in 4 by sanctus

Dante was stabbed by Yamato but it was rebellion that unlocked his dt although in the manga he had majin Dt without rebellion

Nero was using borrowed dt in 4

Picard

Starfleet Demon
That is what it was , the dt in 4 had yamato in its arm and looked like Vergil form DMC 3's dt

It was his essence in the yamato after Nero restored it

Their swords are the manifestations of their power for Dante and Vergil , and probably has a bit of there soul and essence in them

The sparda sword for instance allowed Dante to become his dad's dt

So Nero actually gained spectral DT after gaining a sword which contained his daddy's power. Meaning that it was likely a combination of his own DT and Vergil's DT, or else Vergil's DT, but was spectral since Nero's DT was not yet functional. Now that I think about it, when Sanctus impaled Nero in Devil Bringer in 4, Nero's arm "shut down", which may be due to Yamato containing portion of Vergil's power... but I don't remember whether it had effect on Sanctus.

Makes me think whether Rebellion would have similar effect on Nero, and whether his Rebellion Spectral Trigger would look different from Yamato form.

Keep in mind Nero STILL used yamato.

In 3 Dante was stabbed by yamato. Which unlocked his demon powers.

Nero just didn't do the getting stabbed part. But the sword still stuck with him for a while (it was practically his arm in 5). So in the end he was able to unlock it himself. The sword "rubbed off" on him. Dante himself says the sword reacted to him.

Actually, Nero did get stabbed with Yamato in DMC4, but I'm not sure whether it counts since it was only his arm. Might be why it took him so long to unlock DT.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I don't believe rebellion would have done the same thing , as it's not got the same special properties as yamato

Would be interesting to see though , nobody who has held rebellion seems to have the same power from it as Dante does , that includes Vergil

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
That's actually not true considering he gains the DT in 4. So it's obvious he'd have one in 5

I’m aware that a question that’s been on many fans minds since 4 was IF Nero would gain his own Devil Trigger. In Devil May Cry 4 his power was enhanced through some astral projection form of Vergil or something and wasn’t really considered his own DT. So the thread title itself was spoilerous which is why I edited it. Even if you or anyone else disagrees is besides the point because I don’t want anything being spoiled for members that haven’t played the game yet.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
I don't believe rebellion would have done the same thing , as it's not got the same special properties as yamato

Would be interesting to see though , nobody who has held rebellion seems to have the same power from it as Dante does , that includes Vergil

Well, there are three possibilities I can think of for why Yamato was able to give Nero spectral form: 1) it is a Devil's arm, 2) it is a Devil's arm related to Sparda and 3) it is Vergil's devil arm. Now, if it is just the nature of the sword that allowed Nero access to DT, or else relation to Sparda, then it might be possible. But if it is 3), then it was only limited to Nero-Yamato interaction. Personally, I do believe that 3) is the most likely explanation.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well it's safe to assume yamato responds to and protects Nero due to sensing Vergils lineage from him

The yamato and rebellion are sentient

Taramafor

It could as easily be a case of being like a "weapon lock". That is they're tuned to react to VERY specific people. In this case the same blood line.

Sentient weapons would probably pick who's worthy themselves. We kind of need to stab more people to figure that part out.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante is the same bloodline as Vergil , he was impaled on yamato in 3

No change

Then Vergil drive rebellion into him and it unlocked his power

There is probably a reason chose them to have those specific blades

Sparda may have bonded their souls to the weapons

If I remember right I read somewhere that Vergil was stabbed with Yamato when younger which is most likely why he had dt before dante

Picard

Starfleet Demon
So it might be that swords are similar to Horcruxes from Harry Potter, in that each sword holds a portion of owner's soul, and therefore only the owner and possibly his direct descendants are able to unlock sword's full, or close to full, power? Question is then why did Sparda (the sword) empower Sanctus, even if incompletely and imperfectly, in DMC4? And would Nero be able to unlock Yamato's full power, or not?

Top Bottom