• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero and Hellboy

windleopard

Hey everyone. This is my first post on this thread and I figured I'd start with one about Nero.

When playing the game, did anyone get some vibes similar to the comic character Hellboy?

>Both are snark and cantankerous.
>Both have demonic arms that are a sign of their demonic heritage.
>Their guns look similar.
>They both wear long coats.
>Both have potentially dangerous powers to humanity.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Not really because I saw more like Ichigo from Bleach because of the VA and his delivery matched Ichigo's portrayal pretty easily but I also once thought Dante was similar to Spike from Buffy so i'll give you that.

Maybe in a sequel or when he's older the comparison might become more apparent because Hellboy is more of a gruff older guy while Nero's just a punk kid.

Last edited:

Keaton

Premium
Not really because I saw more like Ichigo from Bleach because of the VA and his delivery matched Ichigo's portrayal pretty easily but I also once thought Dante was similar to Spike from Buffy so i'll give you that.

Maybe in a sequel or when he's older the comparison might become more apparent because Hellboy is more of a gruff older guy while Nero's just a punk kid.

ICHIGO?!! Good Goddess! How did I not realise it was Ichigo?! *bashes head on keyboard*
That has been bugging me for years and not once have I looked it up! THANK YOU.

Anyway, onto the topic at hand...

I do feel there is a comparison to be made between the two characters, particually when you concider their parentage and that they both seemed allied to both sides of their fractions (Hellboy is a Demon, torn between his human and demon ties, Nero is certainly part demon which again means that by destorying demons he is actively choosing his humanity).

What I find quite interesting is how both characters explore their human relationships, both Hellboy and Nero are anti-social and only really hold a few select humans close, and typically keep the rest of the human race at arms length, despite being a defender for them.

Cool thread @windleopard , and welcome to the Forums.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
ICHIGO?!! Good Goddess! How did I not realise it was Ichigo?! *bashes head on keyboard*
That has been bugging me for years and not once have I looked it up! THANK YOU.

Anyway, onto the topic at hand...

I do feel there is a comparison to be made between the two characters, particually when you concider their parentage and that they both seemed allied to both sides of their fractions (Hellboy is a Demon, torn between his human and demon ties, Nero is certainly part demon which again means that by destorying demons he is actively choosing his humanity).

What I find quite interesting is how both characters explore their human relationships, both Hellboy and Nero are anti-social and only really hold a few select humans close, and typically keep the rest of the human race at arms length, despite being a defender for them.

Cool thread @windleopard , and welcome to the Forums.
I feel some of these similarities with Hellboy can be applied to Dante as well.

Keaton

Premium
I feel some of these similarities with Hellboy can be applied to Dante as well.
Indeed, afterall Nero is posed as a combination of both Dante and Vergil, both characters share that mixed-lineage.

Top Bottom