• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Need to know something.

Relks

Hey, I've been thinkin' about buying DMC4, the PC version. I was wondering if the controls for the game are easy to work with, what with the DMC series' fast-paced combat.

If anyone could tell me a brief gist of some of the controls, I'd be greatful. I wanna know if I'm gonna enjoy playing the PC version before I actually buy it, so I don't waste my money.

SaaR

Luce & Ombra
Best bet is to buy a USB controller. My girlfriend gave up on the game because she played on the keyboard. She said it was cramped and made even Human mode difficult. But, hey! You may like it..

If not, USB controllers are like $20 at any major retail store.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
+rep to SaaR (again :p)

A USB controller is definitely the way to go. The Xbox 360 controller for PC works an absolute treat is comes highly recommended from me. =]

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
if you cant afford it, or dont want to get the controller, then the controls are the same as DMC3 really, wasd to move ijlk to attack apace bar to lock on, and thats pretty much it, once you have played the first mission, you will know what to do, i say, keep your money and spend it on something else, because the controls can be worked with

Also, your playing the PC version to play with a PC controller, NOT a console controller, play it the way its meant to be played XD

SaaR

Luce & Ombra
I don't know, DMC on a keyboard just feel like blasphemy. But to each his own I suppose.

(Ty for the rep :D)

*edit* Although I wish I had more experience with it so I could make an educated decision... Off to steal a computer. :p

Sparda™

I can easily top the keyboard at any controller.

Dare to play DMD or Legendary Dark Knight Mode with a Keyboard...;)

Or wait, the whole Bloody Palace!:O

SaaR

Luce & Ombra
Yeah the reason I suggested the USB controller is because I've heard that the keyboard can make it more difficult than it was meant to be and you don't get your value out of a game if you throw it out the window :)

Sparda™

Still, that's a matter of preference.

I can easily do stuff with a keyboard rather than with a controller. Gotten used to It.

SaaR

Luce & Ombra
Yeah, Like I said in a previous post I'm going to try it out very soon and get back to this thread. My girlfriend has it and a much better computer than me :( .

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
i said keyboard because i am a PC gamers, and i dont use a gamepad, for anything, also i play games like DMC once, for the storyline, so i dont really have to get used to the uber hard ways of playing
I suppose i should really get a gamepad though...

SaaR

Luce & Ombra
@ Vauxchen-kun

Don't get me wrong, I like the storyline of DMC (especially 3 and 1). But I've always considered DMC a game that got more fun the better I got at it. Just some of the moments where you think to yourself, "Wow, did I really do that?". What I'm trying to say is that DMC has a lot of replay ability and your only seeing one dimension of the game in the story.

Sparda™

Still, that one dimension of storyline gives sense to what's going on in there.

Without It, Devil May Cry wouldn't make sense.

SaaR

Luce & Ombra
Oh completely agreed. I was just responding to the idea of hit it and quit it gameplay concerning this game. The more I played it. The more I liked it. With the exception of 2.

l1kel1ke

you can do it with a keyboard, but you won't be able to pull off a lot of the best combos in time I'd think (which is one of the things that makes dmc so much fun) And if you were even attempting devil hunter mode with the keyboard I'm sure you'd wear out your keys in a few days =p The game would also involve holding down buttons to charge stuff while actively pressing others to evade etc., which would be like playing twister on a keyboard i'd think 0.o

anyway, I'm playing it on a sixaxis controller, and big hint from the game itself, a lot of its controls are described in terms of the xbox 360 controller buttons, which is pretty much a giveaway that gamepads are ideal =) anyway, most gamepads should work with it, just make sure they have enough buttons to map everything to

buttons you're gonna need (dante terms)
-movement stick
-camera stick
-directional pad (or set of 4 buttons) for style switch
-start
-taunt
-gun
-devil arm
-style move
-jump
-lock on
-switch gun
-switch devil arm
-devil trigger

so in terms of controls; you're gonna be using 10 'buttons', 2 analog sticks, and 1 directional pad for ideal gameplay, if that helps =)

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
found the manual!!! ^^

i j k l o p m n b
w a s d 1 2 3 4 "esc" "backspace" "enter" "space" and the D pad

those are the controls used, otherwise, its very simple on the gameps, but you need to have 4 shoulder buttons, and 2 movement sticks

Hope that helps ^^

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
You can buy it it's better on PC just because it has the LDK mode.I actually don't use the keyboard because it's annoying I'm using a USB controller that works on PC, PS2 and PS3.And I use it on DMC3SE for PC too, on FIFA etc.

Top Bottom