• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Need help with PC and gamepad.

SFH

Devil May Cry 5 will be my first Devil May Cry game I purchase on PC. I'm aware that you can play the game on PC with a XBOX Gamepad from watching Donguri's videos but I am not sure if it is merely a matter of simply plugging one into the port or if a special program or settings is required for it. For those who play Devil May Cry games on PC with a gamepad I would appreciate the help.

DarkSlayer54

An XBox One controller is by far the easiest. On the PC, the XBox One controller is always supported, or rather... I've never seen a game support game pads without it being on the list. You just plug it in, and bam - it works.

For a DS4 controller (Playstation), chances are you may need to download a program. Some games will support it natively, but it's not a big deal if they don't. If you buy the game on Steam, then you can use that to add support for a DS4 controller. You just need to go to View -> Settings -> Controller -> General Controller Settings, and then select the controller(s) you want to use. Steam also supports the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.

If you don't want to use Steam, you can alternatively look into DS4Windows. It's only for the DS4 controller, and you can find it here: https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows.

All in all, I'd say go with the XBox controller if you have one, for the sake of convenience.

SFH

I noticed the typical Xbox One controller is wireless. I browsed around and found some that have a wire.

I'm just double checking if these controllers shown here on ebay will do the trick.

Since I am not allowed to show advertising material I will just describe what I typed in the ebay searched engine.

I typed in "xbox one controller wired".

DarkSlayer54

Even a wireless controller would work - just because it's wireless doesn't mean you can't keep it wired to your PC. That's what I do with my DS4 controller... whenever I use it I just plug it in.

I can't imagine any XBox One controller not working, wired or not. Maybe other people here can give their opinions too.

Dark Drakan

Admin
If you have a micro USB cable you can use that to connect a wireless controller to PC (I do it myself). If you actually want to use it wireless you usually need a wireless adapter to sync the wireless controller to the PC.

Top Bottom