• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Need help with choosing games

Koemi

half-breed
It's about time I move on to another game, but after playing DMC I think there's a change in my game preference. I used to like series such as Ecco the dolphin, Sonic the hedgehog, Final Fantasy, Growlanser, Grandia, Dynasty Warriors, DDR, Kingdom Hearts - more or less a RPG collection, long game time, and with certain replayability. I think I still like those, but, except FF, they are leagues behind DMC. I guess I like the fact that AIs in DMC ain't that dumb and player's characters can perform stylish moves depends on the player's controller input.

Pretty sure I am not a fans of modern warfare games (that should rule out CoD and few others)

I own a PS3 and a PC (that can play DMC4). Thanks pals. =]

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
What about Mass Effect for the PC? Dunno if it's your thing though...

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Well I can't say much for the FF series, I mean...You'll have to wait until FF13 is released, and that's actually been delayed for the PS3 now, if you have a PSP, Crisis Core is a worthwhile investment, only game that really makes the PSP worth owning...

As for Dynasty Warriors, I'm sure a few new ones were released lately, look into that perhaps? And as Angel said, Mass Effect might be worth looking into.

As for games with replay value, I can't really say a great deal for the PS3 seeing as I don't actually own one, but if you want a REALLY fun game for your PC, pick up Black & White 2, if you like the idea of controlling your own people, playing the role of a god and raining down fiery hell upon people just for laughs, then building up massive armies to crush the next city with, then it's so the game for you.

Replay wise, B&W2 will last you an age, unless of course you're not into God Games, but even if you're not, check it out anyway because I promise you, for the time that game was released...The graphics are just...Wow...But yes, enough about my personal favourite game...

Another good one if you're an RPG enthusiast is Fable: The Lost Chapters for PC, it's a class game, really, fantastic, a little short, but much better than the first Fable, decent story, nice selection of weaponry, spells and a good degree of character customisation, along with that oh so awesome alignment scale, you get to decide if you become good, or evil, your choices in the world effect how people react to you and even how your appearance ends up, loads of quests, great replay value and just genuinely fun.

The 2 I singled out, Black & White 2 and Fable: The Lost Chapters are old games yes, but classics that will give you so much entertainment.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
^ If you do go for Fable TLC on PC you can get into the whole modding scene - over at our Fable 2 Forums we've got a pretty impressive gang of modders who have released a tonne of weirdness which lets you do far more in the game than you could originally. Just don't get sucked into the Sandgoose/Singing Sword thing...:p

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Angel;115041 said:
^ If you do go for Fable TLC on PC you can get into the whole modding scene - over at our Fable 2 Forums we've got a pretty impressive gang of modders who have released a tonne of weirdness which lets you do far more in the game than you could originally. Just don't get sucked into the Sandgoose/Singing Sword thing...:p

u have another forum ! i thought this was your only one ! :lol:
maybe Call of duty 4 or the metal gear series

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Takes Steve no time at all to make a new site - he's pretty damn good at them by now. He just buys the domain name and within a couple of hours the site is ready to go...he then spends the rest of the time doing stuff behind the scenes making sure everything runs smoothly - hence why you won't see him much on the forums.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
fair enough.... well best get back on topic.... Medevil total war and rome and stuff

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
What about some RTS games for the PC? Even the Age ones - Age of Empires, Age of Mythology etc - or the Command and Conquer ones? Red Alert has seen an increase in online activity recently...

Koemi

half-breed
o_O thanks pals. There's lots to choose from...

AoE series - got every single one of them.
Fable 2 - "singing swords" ? :D sounds like something I'd love to try...
Mass Effect - will have to look up on gamespot and see what that is. The name itself gives me a feeling of DWs though.

...with the work i have now, I'll probably have time to pick up a game early next week..

Koemi

half-breed
Just checked gamespot.com... probably will go for Mass Effect, but I am also interested in these few titles: Assassin's Creed, Legendary, Rise of Argonauts.

I know 2 of those aren't on shelves right now, but all comments welcome. :) I read the review for AC, but can anyone here comment on that ? Thanks!

Top Bottom