• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My theory on how Vergil is Nero's father.

Anthony

THE BLUE GOD
I have always came up with theories on how Vergil is Nero's father and this is the best one I can think of. Maybe before Mundus corrupted Vergil in the underworld Mundus took some of Vergil's "Seed" and could have impregnated a woman with Vergil's seed normally or through some Demonic magic, what do you guys think?

Viper

Premium
Okay, I guess I could roll with it, despite some creepy imagery this whole "taking seed" is giving me. *shudders*
But what would be the reason for Mundus doing this?

scionicspectre

It's not that crazy of an idea- he presumably took something from Eva to create Trish. Having something to recreate Vergil from as a contingency plan makes perfect sense, should he rebel. Dante kills Mundus, his experiment falls into the wrong hands- boom, you've got Nero.

Even in that case, I'm not sure if you'd technically call Vergil the 'father'. I've gotta' give you props, though, for coming up with a bit of a twist on the traditional theories. There's not a lot I haven't heard regarding Nero's parentage.

Viper

Premium
@scionicspectre
Umm, but Trish looks exactly like Eva, whereas Nero has his own looks. So one is cloned, but is a pure demon, while other is formed normally by mixing Vergil's DNA with that of a human (since Nero is claimed to be more human)?
Doesn't make sense, if Mundus just wanted to recreate Vergil, he would make a being that looks exactly like Vergil and is a pure demon.

Also, the experiment couldn't have fallen in wrong hands after Dante defeated Mundus, since that gives a too small time frame for Nero to be born and grow up (Dante was in late twenties in DMC1, and in his thirties in DMC4).

scionicspectre

I guess Mundus isn't beyond impregnating a woman with stolen demon spunk either, of course. I agree that it doesn't give Nero enough time to grow up (this is why I generally discount theories that Vergil is Nero's father to begin with). Since Nero clearly ages normally and Trish has looked like an adult since inception, they must have had different origins.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mundus had his own worshippers, just like the Order, in which case one of them may have given themselves willingly to bear Vergil's son, keeping him as leverage. After Mundus's defeat, this woman may have given up Nero willingly, but the Order may have in fact kidnapped Nero and lied about the orphanage.

Still, none of these ideas really clicks with me. They all have massive problems even compared to existing theories that I also don't find convincing.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oh, man...

It's kinda hilarious that everyone thinks that it is far more plausible that all these intricate, and sometimes farfetched, scenarios are what happened rather than Vergil simply getting laid. He's not ugly, he's fit, and he has superpowers, people get laid everyday with less to work with. Before anyone says he's not the type who likes sex I'll remind you all that everyone is they type that likes sex.

Everyone seems so focused on why Vergil would sleep with a woman but the question should be who did Vergil pick to have such an intimate relationship with.

scionicspectre

Oh, man...

It's kinda hilarious that everyone thinks that it is far more plausible that all these intricate, and sometimes farfetched, scenarios are what happened rather than Vergil simply getting laid. He's not ugly, he's fit, and he has superpowers, people get laid everyday with less to work with. Before anyone says he's not the type who likes sex I'll remind you all that everyone is they type that likes sex.

Everyone seems so focused on why Vergil would sleep with a woman but the question should be who did Vergil pick to have such an intimate relationship with.

Well, clearly. I think people just like to theory-craft since the most obvious reason isn't as fun to talk about after all these years. I still think the whole age thing puts a bit of a wrench in that, anyway, but it wouldn't be hard to ignore or explain away.

Man, I can't wait to see the look on everyone's faces when it turns out Nero is Sparda reincarnated. ;) You know, since a full-demon can become mostly human and all... man, all these theories suck.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
So he jerked off Vergil and impregnated a woman for s***s and giggles.

You know what, if that would happen exactly like that, it would be hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, clearly. I think people just like to theory-craft since the most obvious reason isn't as fun to talk about after all these years.
That is true. We are having a pretty much theory only discussion on the DLC of the the Evil Within and it's all kinds of fun for me. The game is very unclear on what 'exactly' happened and everyone is upset because they can't make heads or tails of it but I am having a great time speculating.

I still think the whole age thing puts a bit of a wrench in that, anyway, but it wouldn't be hard to ignore or explain away.
Well, I also don't really but the whole Vergil=Nero's father thing. I also don't think that the SE is going to actually answer that question, either. It's one of those things that we won't know until who knows if we ever get to find out in the first place.

outoftheblue

The thing is it doesn´t really matter how complicated the theories we make up are, in the end, as berto stated, he is a hot male and the simpliest answer is probably going to be the correct one. Not that I´m going to like it or even see it in the range of actions for the character the way I see him, but..it´s Capcom´s child and if the evil, frosty Wesker could do it....yeah

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
This will always seem like Capcom's simple shortcut to explain Nero because they can't be bothered to think of anything more interesting for once. Storytelling was never Capcom's forte.

Vergil ain't sexy. He looks stupid. Booty game also weak.

Viper

Premium
As someone who is more relevant to comment on male booties than a bunch of hetero dudes, I give Vergil's a hot damn! :inlove:

That said, I agree that getting laid like any other person is the most logical approach, simple enough for them to write without leaving even more things to answer. Unless they do something crazy with the background of Nero's mom.

outoftheblue

As someone who is more relevant to comment on male booties than a bunch of hetero dudes, I give Vergil's a hot damn! :inlove:

That said, I agree that getting laid like any other person is the most logical approach, simple enough for them to write without leaving even more things to answer. Unless they do something crazy with the background of Nero's mom.

Yes, independently if you like it or not, it seems the most likely approach.
BTW, as a female, I believe the twins to be the hottest male videogame characters out there for the time being. It´s just my opinion,of course.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@outoftheblue @Viper I mean come on.

vergil_ss01_pop.jpg

devil_may_cry_3_se___beowulf_vergil_clear_4_by_elvin_jomar-d6u3wzg.png

SSSexy booty!

Weak booty game my ass, Chancey (you see what I did there?)!

Last edited:
Top Bottom