• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Reviews Thread

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Here is a thread for the links of my games' reviews. I will post more links at this thread whenever I have finished a review of a game.

PlayStation 1

Final Fantasy VII - 9.0/10
Final Fantasy VIII - 9.0/10
Final Fantasy IX - 10/10
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - 8.5/10
Wild Arms 2 - 7.5/10

PlayStation 2

Final Fantasy X - 9.5/10
Final Fantasy X-2 - 8.0/10
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X - 8.5/10
Resident Evil 4 - 9.5/10
Wild Arms 3 - 8.0/10
Wild Arms: Alter Code F - 8.5/10
Wild Arms 4 - 8.0/10
Wild Arms 5 - 8.5/10

PlayStation 3 (Exclusive)
Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel - 6.5/10
Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland - 8.3/10
Demon’s Souls - 9.0/10
Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster - 9.0/10
- Final Fantasy X HD - 9.0/10
- Final Fantasy X-2 HD - 8.5/10
God of War III - 9.5/10
God of War: Ascension - 8.0/10
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - 7.0/10
Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - 7.5/10
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - 10/10
Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection - 10/10
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - 9.0/10
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 9.0/10
Tales of Graces F - 8.5/10
Time and Eternity - 5.75/10
The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection - 9.5/10
The Last of Us - 9.5/10
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 9.5/10
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - 9.0/10
Yakuza 3 - 9.0/10

PlayStation Vita (Exclusive)

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - 8.5/10
Dokuro - 8.0/10
Muramasa Rebirth - 8.5/10
Toukiden: Age of Demons - 7.5/10
Uncharted: Golden Abyss - 8.5/10
Ys: Memories of Celceta - 8.5/10

Multi-Platform (for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, and PC)

Assassin's Creed - 7.5/10
Assassin's Creed II - 9.0/10
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - 9.0/10
Assassin's Creed: Revelations - 8.5/10
Assassin's Creed III - 9.0/10
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 9.0/10
Asura's Wrath - 8.3/10
- Episode Pack: Part IV DLC - 8/10
Batman: Arkham Asylum - 9.6/10
Batman: Arkham City - 9.8/10
- Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC - 8/10
BioShock Infinite - 8.5/10
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - 8.3/10
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - 7.75 / 10
Catherine - 9.5/10
Darksiders II - 8.5/10
Dark Souls - 9.0/10
Dead Space - 9.0/10
Dead Space 2 - 9.5/10
Dead Space 3 - 8.5/10
Devil May Cry 4 - 8.5/10
Devil May Cry HD Collection - 8.0/10
- Devil May Cry HD - 8.5/10
- Devil May Cry 2 HD - 7.0/10
- Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition HD - 9.0/10
Diablo III - 8.5/10
DmC: Devil May Cry - 8.5/10
- Vergil's Downfall DLC - 7/10
Dragon's Dogma - 7.5/10
Final Fantasy XIII - 8.0/10
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 8.0/10
- Requiem of the Goddess DLC - 7/10
Hitman: Absolution - 8.5/10
L.A. Noire - 9.5/10
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - 8.0/10
Lollipop Chainsaw - 7.5/10
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds - 8.5/10
Mass Effect Trilogy - 10/10
- Mass Effect - 8.5/10
- Mass Effect 2 - 9.5/10
- Mass Effect 3 - 9.5/10
- Extended Cut DLC - 8.0/10
Max Payne 3 - 9.3/10
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - 9.0/10
Mortal Kombat - 9.0/10
Nier - 7.5/10
Ninja Gaiden 3 - 7.0/10
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - 7.5/10
Prototype 2 - 8.3/10
Red Dead Redemption - 9.5/10
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition - 8.5/10
Resident Evil 6 - 8.0/10
Resident Evil: Revelations HD - 8.0/10
Saints Row: The Third - 8.5/10
Shadows of the Damned - 8.3/10
Sleeping Dogs - 9.0/10
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - 8.5/10
The Amazing Spider-Man - 7.5/10
The Walking Dead - 9.0/10
Transformers: War For Cybertron - 8.5/10
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - 8.5/10
Vanquish - 8.5/10
Watch Dogs - 7.0/10
Zone of the Enders HD Collection - 8.0/10

Last edited:

Meg

Ah, awesome! I like your reviews CR. This is a nice way to keep track of them all. Good thinking! :D

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Pretty much generic reviews but hey Assassins creed is just the same i don't think its really fun to play anymore it only deserves 7.5

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Posts merged to help everyone looking for the reviews. If all of them are in the first post they'll be found more easily.

JMFG_

Things and Stuff
Excellent reviews, Chaos! I usually don't take reviews to seriously but I read through the ones for a few of my favorites (MGS 4 GoW3 U2) and that's EXACTLY how I feel about them. Lol. Keep up the good work!! :D

Meg

I'm surprised you gave Dark Souls and Demon's Souls the same score. I personally think Dark Souls did a few key things differently that makes it better and more enjoyable. But that's just me. Nice reviews all the same. :)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
1c89b62abbf18890857b44bf8fb018d0.gif
I very much agree with Meg on this.
I haven't finished DarkSouls yet but the more i progress the more creativity i see in the enemies & areas. Demon'sSouls as much as i like it was only starting with creative & interesting creatures, DarkSouls goes a little further.
Even the weapons goes a little further then Demon'sSouls. The graphics in DarkSouls like WOW! Standing in water & seeing your reflection with the moonlight shining. And OMG Sir Wolf, looking so cool when he first appears it's epic, out of a dark fairytale, plus DarkSouls is open world to, seriously how could this be equal.
Demon'sSouls 9.0/10
DarkSouls 9.6/10
DarkSouls beats out Demon'sSouls.

I am not bothered if you don't agree with my review or my score. Make your own review if you do not agree with mine.

Currently working on reviews of:

- Ninja Gaiden III
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
WOW, you generally give high scores on your reviews,(DMC2 got 7/10) but i guess you play some of the best games out there. I wonder how NG3 is coming along.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
WOW, you generally give high scores on your reviews,(DMC2 got 7/10) but i guess you play some of the best games out there. I wonder how NG3 is coming along.

Most of the time, I will give high scores on games that I truly love and appreciate. However, I will never look past the flaws that I found in games that I have reviewed. Anyone would give high scores to the games that they like, and whether you like my reviews or not doesn't matter to me.

As for Ninja Gaiden 3 review, I will post it by next month, because I am busy playing other games at the moment. I can tell you this, that you better off wait for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 if it ever comes out, because Ninja Gaiden 3 is a seriously downgraded game compared to previous Ninja Gaiden games. The only good stuffs I find when playing this game is the excellent graphics and intriguing storyline (depending on your tastes).

Already completed Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception review. I will get Prototype 2 soon, and I might a review on it.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Most of the time, I will give high scores on games that I truly love and appreciate. However, I will never look past the flaws that I found in games that I have reviewed. Anyone would give high scores to the games that they like, and whether you like my reviews or not doesn't matter to me.

As for Ninja Gaiden 3 review, I will post it by next month, because I am busy playing other games at the moment. I can tell you this, that you better off wait for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 if it ever comes out, because Ninja Gaiden 3 is a seriously downgraded game compared to previous Ninja Gaiden games. The only good stuffs I find when playing this game is the excellent graphics and intriguing storyline (depending on your tastes).

Already completed Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception review. I will get Prototype 2 soon, and I might a review on it.

Im not trying to say you always give good scores! Because the games that you've played are some of the best games in my opinion. I look forward to your reviews because you generally play the same genre of games that i like, like Prototype 2!
And i've seen a walkthrough of NG3, and whoever was playing it was playing hard mode and the game looked fantastic. Although not even close to being as hard as any other NG games, it still looked really fun. Hopefully there will be a NGS3, but since they already released it on the PS3 and had a new director and everything about it is different, i dont think there will be. Hopefully there will be though.
I agree with you on the score and the story and the graphics, but since i've only seen a walkthrough, its hard to decide if i think the combat is fun, But the guy doing the walkthrough mentioned that NG3 has its own combat engine and although things were sacraficed, the game was still really fun. It was just the lack of items to be found and basically not knowing whats being upgraded. I'l be checking out UC3 later

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
I'm a big Mortal Kombat fan but the late game is not a 9. As much as I enjoy it I think it could have benefited from a few more stage fatalities, more characters and a few more stages. Otherwise a great game but a bit restictive in this sense. I'd of course be interested to hear why you rate it so highly. I like the story, kombat system (intentional 'k'), range of character specific fatalities, unlockables, monsters and animations in the krypt etc.

MK games are always great steam venters. ^_^

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Completed Max Payne 3 review. Now working on Dragon's Dogma review.

EDIT: Upcoming reviews:

- Batman: Arkham City: Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
Man, can you do the Review of Mass Effect 3: Extended cut?
And BTW, why is Conviction listed as X360 exclusive?

Top Bottom