• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Official DmC Fan Trailer is Live! Check it out.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
It-Was-Me-Jim-Carrey-Liar-Liar.gif
Wait...Oh!
Jim Carrey was the one who gave the shout out? Oh what a guy! :laugh:

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think it was good but I don't think that qualified as a trailer, it was a combo vid.

I think it was good but I don't think that qualified as a trailer, it was a combo vid.
Trailer/fan video semantics, A trailer is literally a tease for a game, in fact, game trailers should be more about gameplay instead of narrative and cgi cutscenes. I wish more game trailers showed advanced gameplay, because a good game trailer entices potential people to play the game.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Trailer/fan video semantics, A trailer is literally a tease for a game, in fact, game trailers should be more about gameplay instead of narrative and cgi cutscenes. I wish more game trailers showed advanced gameplay, because a good game trailer entices potential people to play the game.
they do have gameplay trailers. trailers focus on what the game offers, yes, and that includes the story. besides, you have demos to showcase he gameplay and trailers f that and or everything else.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, then you should've added a disclaimer to remind the viewer that their experience with the game might vary greatly.

Or makes people say useless sh!t :/
:p
Well, then you should've added a disclaimer to remind the viewer that their experience with the game might vary greatly.
Dude, I'm glad you liked it, but not everything has to be an argument, I made a fan trailer for a game I enjoy and posted on a message board for that said game, and you're sitting here literally discussing meaningless semantics. If you think about it your suggestion for a disclaimer could apply to the trailer for anything. Trailers engage people by showing the good stuff, whether it be for movies or games or whatever.

berto

I Saw the Devil
:p

Dude, I'm glad you liked it, but not everything has to be an argument, I made a fan trailer for a game I enjoy and posted on a message board for that said game, and you're sitting here literally discussing meaningless semantics. If you think about it your suggestion for a disclaimer could apply to the trailer for anything. Trailers engage people by showing the good stuff, whether it be for movies or games or whatever.
you are not getting whatI meant by that. a trailer showcases what most people can expect from the game, a general idea of what they can do. very few people can pull off that kind of performance on this game so to pass this as a general experience is a stretch. thus the disclaimer. just like a medicine commercial that shows happy people living better lives because of it and ends with a list of 23 possible symptoms that sound worse that the decease in the last 4 seconds and spoken so fast you'd need 100 cups of coffee in order to reach a new consiousness of speed in order to just make it sound normal. you ever see that army recruitment commercial on family guy? kinda like that.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Quite ironic that there's a complaint of a video that shows off DmC gameplay of a higher caliber when there's people in the comments of said video saying that "it's too easy to do that stuff."

Last edited:
Top Bottom