• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Official DmC Fan Trailer is Live! Check it out.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Quite ironic that there's a complaint of a video that shows off DmC gameplay of a higher caliber when there's people in the comments of said video saying that "it's too easy to do that stuff."
Well, it is, for people that can already pull it off on previous titles, and with a bit of practice others can, too. It's more about imagination with a hint of skill this time around as opposed to skill and imagination. Just the same, I can tell you that I wouldn't be able to do what he did here, I've never been that good at any of the DMC games.:banghead:

Well, it is, for people that can already pull it off on previous titles, and with a bit of practice others can, too. It's more about imagination with a hint of skill this time around as opposed to skill and imagination. Just the same, I can tell you that I wouldn't be able to do what he did here, I've never been that good at any of the DMC games.:banghead:
Like you said, DmC is really more about creativity instead of twitch reflexes like the older titles. I promise I could teach you how to do all the fancy stuff in a few hours of playtime together, its the using it creatively to chain together visually interesting combos that you'd have to do on your own.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Like you said, DmC is really more about creativity instead of twitch reflexes like the older titles. I promise I could teach you how to do all the fancy stuff in a few hours of playtime together, its the using it creatively to chain together visually interesting combos that you'd have to do on your own.
I'm good. I'm currently trying to master DMC3. I really prefer the challenge over the hand outs.

I'm good. I'm currently trying to master DMC3. I really prefer the challenge over the hand outs.
Dude, lol, do you know how argumentative and passive aggressive your responses sound? So you say you can't do anything because you've never been good at any dmc game, and then you respond, I don't need hand outs I like to get better myself. I wasn't offering a hand out, I was just saying that you think you can't do that stuff but in actuality you can do a lot of it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Dude, lol, do you know how argumentative and passive aggressive your responses sound? So you say you can't do anything because you've never been good at any dmc game, and then you respond, I don't need hand outs I like to get better myself. I wasn't offering a hand out, I was just saying that you think you can't do that stuff but in actuality you can do a lot of it.
Yeah, I know, and I thought about it for a bit before I posted and edited it twice, sounded more condescending before that, I just couldn't think of any other way of saying it. I just have other things to do so I didn't really wasn't able to spend all that time thinking about a nicer way of saying it. I really didn't want to make it sound malicious, it just reads like that because you can't hear me saying it.

Ether way, I stand by my statement. I rather take the hard achievement over the other thing, however you want to say it, I still can't think of a way of phrasing it that won't be patronizing.

berto

I Saw the Devil
"No thanks - I would like to learn on my own, instead of being taught."
I didn't mean his offer to teach, I meant on the difference of skill for the two games and the mastering of said skills. I meant that I rater have the difficult skill than the... Well, how about an example, jump canceling. I've never mastered jump canceling in DMC3, and by extension 4, but in DmC I managed to pull it off with just button mashing, it was handed to me. I wanted to have that sense of accomplishment from the hard work of practice and patience. It wasn't an attempt at malicious bantering but it was hard to say it with out sounding like a c%nt, specially with subject matter of the thread; anyway I said it would seem like an attack on the video, like saying that 'yeah, it looks cool, but it's not hard to do' when what I am really just trying to say that I rather have the harder game.

EllDawn

Berto, before you dig yourself a deeper hole, just stop. You've all ready given your opinion, there were misunderstandings and now it would probably be a better idea to leave it. I'm not trying to be rude, or anything. I'd just rather you not get into an argument due to some ill chosen words. Or more of an argument.

Anyway, good video. Love the combos.

I didn't mean his offer to teach, I meant on the difference of skill for the two games and the mastering of said skills. I meant that I rater have the difficult skill than the... Well, how about an example, jump canceling. I've never mastered jump canceling in DMC3, and by extension 4, but in DmC I managed to pull it off with just button mashing.

Well, I'll leave it after this, but this is malicious to me, because I spent a lot of time making those combos, its not as easy as it looks. I'd like you to try to rotate the camera while jump cancelling and then land and continue a combo without choking. The thing is just because jump cancelling is easier doesn't mean other things are easier, juggling enemies stylishly, or killing a dreamrunner without him taking you down, well, that's still going to take practice to do. DmC has its own sets of challenges for those wanting to master its combat system.

P.S. Jump cancelling isn't that much harder in DMC3, you can button mash and jump cancel in DMC3 just like you can button mash in DmC. However, if you want to make it look good and not sloppy, you have to practice just like DmC.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'd like you to try to rotate the camera while jump cancelling and then land and continue a combo without choking.
THAT WAS YOU?? I THOUGHT IT WAS A CAM MOD. :eek:

Whoa... just whoa. :bored:

Hey... that's actually something you couldn't do in the old games... spin the camera while doing combos. :sneaky:

**** :dead:

-------------------------------------------------------

DMC3: The challenge within the game.

DmC: The challenge within yourself.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, I'll leave it after this, but this is malicious to me, because I spent a lot of time making those combos, its not as easy as it looks. I'd like you to try to rotate the camera while jump cancelling and then land and continue a combo without choking. The thing is just because jump cancelling is easier doesn't mean other things are easier, juggling enemies stylishly, or killing a dreamrunner without him taking you down, well, that's still going to take practice to do. DmC has its own sets of challenges for those wanting to master its combat system...
fair enough.

Top Bottom