• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My idea for V in the future *SPOILERS*

Kishido

Hunter
If we will get a new game and Vergil will be playable what if he will get a second style.

Like stabbing himself with the Yamato and turning into V.

We will get good old V gameplay ans instead of Nightmare we will get Urizen as summon in DT mode.

Would love it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
A summoner style for Vergil would be cool. Instead of 2-3 demons maybe just one at a time, maybe you can choose which one before each mission. Unlike V Vergil could defend himself a lot better so you'd have to tweak them to fit his fighting style.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Well V's gone now. They should make a new character in the future with V's ability.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Patty could inherit it as her ancestor was a summoner. Just do a plot where she unlocks those abilities and has to sort it out.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Whether they will bring back V somehow (I think it's best done as an unlockable non story related costume for Vergil, kinda like Nelo Angelo in DMC3) or make another character with his playstyle, I want them to improve the responsiveness of the familiars. The melee one specifically needs either to have longer engagement radius (from where V is) or it has to follow V closely all the time so that you have actual control over its location at all times. Or they could make it so that when you lock onto someone, it immediately teleports over there.

Also the dodges need to be untied from the familiars, or at least tied to another separate one that doesn't fight but it's only for dodging, which could open possibilities for upgrades, like Nero's Table Hopper or Dante's dashes. Cause as it stands now in DMC5, dodging resets the familiars's position onto yours, which in the case of Shadow is a problem cause before you can even think about re-engaging immediately as you would with Nero or Dante, you have to wait for it to run to the enemy on its own. That creates downtime, and disrupts the flow of combat. Such downtime could easily be reduced by doing what I described here and/or the previous paragraph.

I feel like V's playstyle is unique and interesting, but I found it a bit clunky and unintuitive for those reasons. Very satisfying when it works fluidly, but they need to work on making the fluidity consistent. In my opinion. I know a lot of people love his gameplay as it is now, yet I've seen just as many people sharing my complaints. He's not unplayable or unfun by any means, but rough around the edges enough that he feels less satisfying than Nero and Dante. It's the first time they tried something like this so I can understand but still. There's room for improvement.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I like V's playstyle because it's about something Nero and Dante lack: patience. Locking on to an enemy directs Shadow and Griffon to move towards them, so that helps.

DarkSlayer54

Whether they will bring back V somehow (I think it's best done as an unlockable non story related costume for Vergil, kinda like Nelo Angelo in DMC3) or make another character with his playstyle, I want them to improve the responsiveness of the familiars. The melee one specifically needs either to have longer engagement radius (from where V is) or it has to follow V closely all the time so that you have actual control over its location at all times. Or they could make it so that when you lock onto someone, it immediately teleports over there.

Also the dodges need to be untied from the familiars, or at least tied to another separate one that doesn't fight but it's only for dodging, which could open possibilities for upgrades, like Nero's Table Hopper or Dante's dashes. Cause as it stands now in DMC5, dodging resets the familiars's position onto yours, which in the case of Shadow is a problem cause before you can even think about re-engaging immediately as you would with Nero or Dante, you have to wait for it to run to the enemy on its own. That creates downtime, and disrupts the flow of combat. Such downtime could easily be reduced by doing what I described here and/or the previous paragraph.

I feel like V's playstyle is unique and interesting, but I found it a bit clunky and unintuitive for those reasons. Very satisfying when it works fluidly, but they need to work on making the fluidity consistent. In my opinion. I know a lot of people love his gameplay as it is now, yet I've seen just as many people sharing my complaints. He's not unplayable or unfun by any means, but rough around the edges enough that he feels less satisfying than Nero and Dante. It's the first time they tried something like this so I can understand but still. There's room for improvement.

The benefit of using Griffin or Shadow to dodge is that you can get them out of a poor position.

Although, to add to your point... Griffin can already reset his position via Back + Attack. No reason Shadow couldn't be given an attack like that as well.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I think if we want more V, we should seem him more inside of Vergil's mind. Acting as his human conscious.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Funny thing is I'm in the middle of writing a fic where Vergil decides V deserves to live as his own person and looks for a way to do so

Top Bottom