• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My DMC4 fellings

ThanatosPL

So, i know a lot of people dont like DMC4, after reading some comments i can admit that some of things could be done better but even those for me, in some aspects, DMC4 was one big masterpiece. Plot wasn't the best but the climate ? level design, enemies (Bianco and alto angelo, Credo boss,) gameplay, characters, all of it was great. Someone wrote that DMC4 was designed for japanesse females and anime fans...well, i am from europe, i am not female, I dont like anime and thanks to DMC4 i fall in love to DMC series. Am I the only one here who see this ?

PS:
Opening scene in which Nero fights Dante is for me one of the best openings I evere seen and to this day i am still watching it :D The man who directed it should get a nobel prize :D

The combat, different taunts depending on the style rank, bloody palace and lucifer are what keeps me coming back.
Especially the combat, both Dante and Nero have loads of techniques I'm still discovering today.

Please make a DMC4 Special Edition Capcom! :<

Caiden

The combat, different taunts depending on the style rank, bloody palace and lucifer are what keeps me coming back.
Especially the combat, both Dante and Nero have loads of techniques I'm still discovering today.

Please make a DMC4 Special Edition Capcom! :<

If capcom announced a DMC4 Special Edition I would forgive them for all the BS they have been performing lately.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
So, i know a lot of people dont like DMC4, after reading some comments i can admit that some of things could be done better but even those for me, in some aspects, DMC4 was one big masterpiece. Plot wasn't the best but the climate ? level design, enemies (Bianco and alto angelo, Credo boss,) gameplay, characters, all of it was great. Someone wrote that DMC4 was designed for japanesse females and anime fans...well, i am from europe, i am not female, I dont like anime and thanks to DMC4 i fall in love to DMC series. Am I the only one here who see this ?

PS:
Opening scene in which Nero fights Dante is for me one of the best openings I evere seen and to this day i am still watching it :D The man who directed it should get a nobel prize :D

Meh.

You're entitled to you opinion and I can happily respect it, but I just can't see the appeal of it at all. For me gameplay was its only redeeming factor.

ThanatosPL

Meh.

You're entitled to you opinion and I can happily respect it, but I just can't see the appeal of it at all. For me gameplay was its only redeeming factor.
I just wanted to say that for me Capcom did great job in designing the world, characters (not all), enemies, locations, details like DT, weapons etc. How many games these days are set for example in fantasy worlds (you know, with elfs, orcs, dwarf) or modern/futere shooters. World presented in DMC especially DMC4 is just much diffrent, unique in some way. I really really enjoyed playing that game :)

DragonMaster2010

I just wanted to say that for me Capcom did great job in designing the world, characters (not all), enemies, locations, details like DT, weapons etc. How many games these days are set for example in fantasy worlds (you know, with elfs, orcs, dwarf) or modern/futere shooters. World presented in DMC especially DMC4 is just much diffrent, unique in some way. I really really enjoyed playing that game :)

May I refer you to Final Fantasys' VII to XIII-3 as counter examples?

ThanatosPL

Let me rephrase that: I meant time line.

DMC4 seems to be more 1800s while Bayonetta is 90s.
Now I understand, well, I only watched some Bayonetta gameplays, game looks pretty nice but there is no PC version, I had PS3 one time for month but I played a lot of other games, next time i will have to obtain Bayonetta :D

DragonMaster2010

Now I understand, well, I only watched some Bayonetta gameplays, game looks pretty nice but there is no PC version, I had PS3 one time for month but I played a lot of other games, next time i will have to obtain Bayonetta :D

Just lower your expectations of it being like DMC and you'll enjoy it...oh, and the constant sex references and ecchi scenes.

ThanatosPL

I expect it to be a good slasher game with interesting story/universe ;) You played both games, which one is for you better ?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Just lower your expectations of it being like DMC and you'll enjoy it...oh, and the constant sex references and ecchi scenes.
And the supposed protagonist being a walking S&M fetish instead of an actual character. LUKA of all people shows more likability than Bayo herself. She's most likeable as an 8 year old!

DragonMaster2010

I expect it to be a good slasher game with interesting story/universe ;) You played both games, which one is for you better ?

Honestly, Bayonetta kept my interest more then DMC4. Even though it's insane and pretty strange in some departments and cringe worthy in others, I found it to actually be an intense game that had a lot of fun in it.

Bude8

I fail to see the logic here!
I wish they made the WHOLE DMC4 game into a film. Every fight, etc. I'd watch it because it would be the coolest thing ever. I still love watching the cut scenes - my favourite is probably Agnus Redux; "And your judgements interest me not!"

Top Bottom