• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Moving On From DmC, MGR, and Bayonetta to TMNT

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Personally, I think the Leonardo trailer is the best one, and not simply because he happens to be my favorite turtle.

It looked like his trailer was the best thought-out in terms of combos. Did he have the best moves? It depends on how good the player is -- but at this point I can only speculate.

Well, I just wanted to say that I was going to move on from DmC and Platinum Games to TMNT because the combat looked so great. I'm just glad I have something to look forward to in terms of action soon.

I won't be moving on from DMC3, the Darksiders series and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Those games, alongside TMNT, will remain in my action-aficionado heart for eternity.

Edit:

I didn't mention Deadpool because while I like his appearance, personality, and moveset, there's just something about him that doesn't agree with me.

I know that this isn't a good reason to not get the game, but I still have other games I want to replay and other things I want to do. So, in the end, I just don't feel the need to play it.

Besides, I know that DP is popular, so he'll sell well enough without my help.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
... What happened... WHAT?! What happened to the cute turtles that I used to know? Well, they weren't cute, but they weren't ... disturbing. Freaky, scaly, mutant-reptile, turtle things, egh.

If they wanted "realism" they could have gone with this:
tumblr_mj763pwenN1qexgq4o1_500.gif

Man, it's like taking Yoshi and making him "realistic". I'd take big-nosed Yoshi over this:
YoshiEatMario.jpg

Talk about creepy...

Lovable Yoshi:
210px-YoshiMarioParty9.png

At least the combat looks good... Really? Did they have to scare children with the new iteration of TMNT?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
... What happened... WHAT?! What happened to the cute turtles that I used to know? Well, they weren't cute, but they weren't ... disturbing. Freaky, scaly, mutant-reptile, turtle things, egh.

If they wanted "realism" they could have gone with this:
tumblr_mj763pwenN1qexgq4o1_500.gif

Man, it's like taking Yoshi and making him "realistic". I'd take big-nosed Yoshi over this:
YoshiEatMario.jpg

Talk about creepy...

Lovable Yoshi:
210px-YoshiMarioParty9.png

At least the combat looks good... Really? Did they have to scare children with the new iteration of TMNT?
The turtles in the original Mirage comic series were pretty damn dark. They killed people and all. So, if they were making this more like the Mirage comic series then it is only paying justice to the source material. That being said, while I am a fan of the Mirage series and even own the books I am also a fan of the pizza loving and fun turtles we all know and love today. I actually prefer them.

My heart is hurting every time I hear more stuff on that new TMNT movie. :'(

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
The turtles in the original Mirage comic series were pretty damn dark. They killed people and all. So, if they were making this more like the Mirage comic series then it is only paying justice to the source material. That being said, while I am a fan of the Mirage series and even own the books I am also a fan of the pizza loving and fun turtles we all know and love today. I actually prefer them.

My heart is hurting every time I hear more stuff on that new TMNT movie. :'(
I was only familiar with these TMNT's:

TMNT-2007--tmnt-369460_554_354.jpg

5482.gif

Maybe these TMNT's, maybe:
tmnt5.jpg

I mean these guys had dark moments too, but now it seem likes the new TMNT might only be targeting the dark aspect of TMNT. That's an assumption, but still, not everything has to be dark to appeal to a wide audience.

Fun fact: James Arnold Taylor, voice of Tidus in Final Fantasy X and Ratchet in Ratchet & Clank, beginning with Going Commando, voiced Leonardo. Mikey Kelley, the first voice actor for Ratchet, voiced Michelangelo. What a coincidence, huh? Also, Nolan North as Raphael.

Not a fun fact: This was Mako Iwamatsu's last role. Mako Iwamatsu was the voice of Aku from Samurai Jack, Iroh from Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Splinter in TMNT (2007). Rest in peace, your unique voice will be missed forever.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I was only familiar with these TMNT's:

TMNT-2007--tmnt-369460_554_354.jpg

Maybe these TMNT's, maybe:

I mean these guys had dark moments too, but now it seem likes the new TMNT might only be targeting the dark aspect of TMNT. That's an assumption, but still, not everything has to be dark to appeal to a wide audience.

Fun fact: James Arnold Taylor, voice of Tidus in Final Fantasy X and Ratchet in Ratchet & Clank, beginning with Going Commando, voiced Leonardo. Mikey Kelley, the first voice actor for Ratchet, voiced Michelangelo. What a coincidence, huh? Also, Nolan North as Raphael.

Not a fun fact: This was Mako Iwamatsu's last role. Mako Iwamatsu was the voice of Aku from Samurai Jack, Iroh from Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Splinter in TMNT (2007). Rest in peace, your unique voice will be missed forever.
As a kid I was first introduced to these turtles.

I had a massive crush on April and I still do. She's one of my favorite animated hotties. Afterwards I found out about the original Mirage series because of how big of a comic book reader I am.

So many things today are already becoming more dark and gritty on this gritty bandwagon so I like the fun turtles better. Especially since they were the ones I was first introduced to back in the day.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I got into the 2003 version
whats funny is that i didn't learn of the 80's version until i was much older lol i knew about the live action movies though

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
*Cough* first of all, Michealangelo's the best k? Naw let me stop, I probably shouldn't even have a say in the matter. Tbh, I wasn't really a fan till recently...and I mean reaaallly recently as in the new 3D show Nick version recently lol. I grew up with the 2003 version (damn that theme song was badass :cool:) From I what I remember it was good even though I only watched it occasionally, but I like the new version more.

The game for the most part looks pretty fun. I actully want to play it and I havent played a TMNT game since I was 6.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I'm gonna put on my critical thinking hat and say that I'm not too impressed by the combat by the Leonardo trailer alone. All I see is jumpcuts to different special moves and slowdowns. Can't see any actual combo.

I guess I'll dig around youtube to find out more.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
This is good. I think it is a bit better than the DMC series as a whole in terms of gameplay. It may be on par with the modern Ninja Gaiden games!

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I enjoyed NG recently. Got hooked on it by NG Sigma, then even more in NGS2. Now for NG3 Razor's Edge.

I hear MGR kinda played like NG more than DMC.

Anyway, this is a great action game! Can't wait for this!

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Anyway, this is a great action game! Can't wait for this!
Neither can I. It'll keep me busy until the next big action game (with lock-on of course, lol) comes out. Oh, and I absolutely worship NG. I'm glad they were able to improve the third one with Razor's Edge. Also, I really love all three 2D ones. Some of my best childhood memories were from the old series.

See ya later.

Top Bottom