• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

movies that make you cringe *CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT*

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Believe it or not I'm squeamish as f*ck and I haven't really seen many horror films...

I guess the most cringe-worthy movie that I've seen was the 2002 (?) Hulk film. Just... Bleh. I'm glad they didn't try to fit Devil Hulk into that mess.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Iron Man 3
It didn't even feel like an Iron man movie and more like "Tony Stark deals with anxiety with a metal suit." I just didn't enjoy it like I did 1 and 2. It really goes on my list for worst Iron Man movie.

The Last Airbender
Obvious why.

Twilight series
Need I ask?

G.I. Joe Retaliation
Worst movie I've seen in a long time. All action, but no plot, no good acting, and the only good points were Snake eyes and the sexy woman.

Army of Darkness
Nostalgia may be good to have but not when that movie sucks.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Having watched/googled some of the clips and films posted here, I think I'll stick a tag in the title so that people know what they might be seeing here. If they are anything like me, curiosity kills the cat and all that jazz ;)

Also, if you are going to post a trailer that may have anything explicit in it (and by explicit I mean anything that would not be permitted in a film for those 13 and under), please can you head it with a warning just in case someone clicks and then wishes they hadn't? I know YouTube is not known for permitting certain material on the whole, but just do this for me and it will make the planet a happier place.

Thanks, pigeons :)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Army of Darkness
Nostalgia may be good to have but not when that movie sucks.

Shocked.gif

bth_tumblr_mh4rihQMpJ1qahisxo1_250.gif

The whole trilogy is amazing. How could you say Army of Darkness sucks?! It's still groovy.
You'll have to answer to the boomstick now.
tumblr_mpopajfqIX1sng8wro1_500.gif

Dark Drakan

Admin
It really isn't that bad. It's surprisingly not as graphic as I thought it would be. There's really hardly even any blood, like at all.

I thought the movie itself was ok. The guy that played the Dr. in the film puts on a great performance and he's really what makes that movie for me. Personally I also just found it amusing at times. I give Human Centipede props for creativity and actually doing something different even if it is a pretty crazy idea but, people need to stop acting like it's one of the sickest movies ever. It really is not by far and is actually a solid film.

I thought the exact same thing, I sat down and watched it with my Fiancee and she quite enjoyed it for what it was. It isnt as sick as people or the media made out at all, im far more disturbed by the dodgy dance movies (Step Up) and high school musical series than anything like this. In fact most musicals make me cringe as well as an awful Adam Sandler movie I had the misfortune of watching the other day (Jack & Jill).

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I thought the exact same thing, I sat down and watched it with my Fiancee and she quite enjoyed it for what it was. It isnt as sick as people or the media made out at all, im far more disturbed by the dodgy dance movies (Step Up) and high school musical series than anything like this. In fact most musicals make me cringe as well as an awful Adam Sandler movie I had the misfortune of watching the other day (Jack & Jill).

The 2nd one is the film that just tries to be a gross out fest for just the sake of doing it. It's definitely more graphic than the first film but, it's actually just so over the top that it comes off as just silly and rather cartoonish. It was more funny than anything.

But while the first film is something I'd actually consider a decent movie the 2nd is just stupid. It mostly is the Dr. from the first one that's the most compelling thing. That dude should be in more horror movies. The guy who played Dr. Heiter was really fun.

And yes, Adam Sandler's Happy Gilmore days are over. Man, the hell happened to that guy?

Dark Drakan

Admin
The 2nd one is the film that just tries to be a gross out fest for just the sake of doing it. It's definitely more graphic than the first film but, it's actually just so over the top that it comes off as just silly and rather cartoonish. It was more funny than anything.

But while the first film is something I'd actually consider a decent movie the 2nd is just stupid. It mostly is the Dr. from the first one that's the most compelling thing. That dude should be in more horror movies. The guy who played Dr. Heiter was really fun.

And yes, Adam Sandler's Happy Gilmore days are over. Man, the hell happened to that guy?

Didnt watch the second as I thought they might go that way (same as the Hostel series), I thought the first was decent but then they just kept trying to up the gore. Yeah its a shame he hasnt done that much, he would be great in more horror movies he just has that aura about him.

Adam Sandler has never been great but his movies at least used to be watchable fun but some lately are just embarrassing.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Iron Man 3
It didn't even feel like an Iron man movie and more like "Tony Stark deals with anxiety with a metal suit." I just didn't enjoy it like I did 1 and 2. It really goes on my list for worst Iron Man movie.
You enjoyed iron man 2 ?? i thought it was a piece of crap movie at least iron man 3 had some action.

I think you got this thread wrong its about the movies that make you cringe because they're so visceral and disturbing not because they're so bad :p

DragonMaster2010

You enjoyed iron man 2 ?? i thought it was a piece of crap movie at least iron man 3 had some action.

I think you got this thread wrong its about the movies that make you cringe because they're so visceral and disturbing not because they're so bad :p

Oh well in that case
MV5BMTU2NzI3OTk4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTEyNzIxNA@@._V1._SX640_SY901_.jpg

Scarring

Tokyo+Gore+police+poster.jpg

Viewer discretion is advised...heavily.

An anything with "Takeshi Miike" on it. Bloody good time, but...wow.
miike-large.jpg

This man...he'll show you some sh*t...

aoshi

Adam Sandler has never been great but his movies at least used to be watchable fun but some lately are just embarrassing.

I wanted to say this but didn't think they were exactly 'cringing' but embarassing.

If we could include embarassing movies as well,..... 'American Pie' movies...God, talk about low self-esteem.I mean, its hardly the case in real life considering characters had social life similar to actual students.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Oh well in that case

Scarring

Viewer discretion is advised...heavily.

An anything with "Takeshi Miike" on it. Bloody good time, but...wow.
miike-large.jpg

This man...he'll show you some sh*t...

I LOVE Takashi Miike. Ichi The Killer is freaking awesome! He also recently did the Phoenix Wright live action movie. Fun flick because it's like a live action cartoon. Couldn't ask for anything more when it comes to an Ace Attorney movie really.

DragonMaster2010

I LOVE Takashi Miike. Ichi The Killer is freaking awesome! He also recently did the Phoenix Wright live action movie. Fun flick because it's like a live action cartoon. Couldn't ask for anything more when it comes to an Ace Attorney movie really.

Really? He did that movie?!

Wow, I didn't expect him to go from gory horror to anime to live action.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
V.C.R. (in a good way)
Twilight......
Avatar (the sex scene was so uncalled for)
The ABC's of Death (seriously could have done better)
Drag me to Hell.....

The Grudge
The Ring
Warm Bodies

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Ok, I'm probably gonna be burned at the stake for this and have you guys lining up outside my house with pitchforks but......I actually like Dragonball Evolution.

*GASP* I know but hear me out.

I LOVE Dragonball and Dragonball Z. I've always been a massive fan of the series but, to be fair when it comes to a live action Dragonball movie it really is something that just works best animated. China made a sort of legit Dragonball movie and it's silly as hell. Definitely fun to watch and I recommend it but, it's silly guys.

And Dragonball Evolution is something that when you just forget that it's supposed to be a Dragonball movie you can actually find some entertainment in it. A fun movie to roast with some friends over. It's one of those fun bad movies and I have legitimate pros!

1. This scene is actually pretty cool and I don't care what anyone says. I like this part.

2. Goku's outfit is pretty b!tching. I just think it's a really cool looking costume.
2981360537_1_3_iSAYRkIq.jpg

3. Chow Yun Fat.......nuff said

Is it a terrible Dragonball movie? Of course! Can it be an entertaining film? Absolutely.

Now, it's been nice knowing you guys because I think someone put a hit on me for playing movie defense for DBE.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I LOVE Dragonball and Dragonball Z. I've always been a massive fan of the series but, to be fair when it comes to a live action Dragonball movie it really is something that just works best animated. China made a sort of legit Dragonball movie and it's silly as hell. Definitely fun to watch and I recommend it but, it's silly guys..
Well i actually enjoyed it for how it had almost nothing to do with DBZ and how it bastardized every character i knew.

Top Bottom