• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mortal Kombat

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I could say the same about YOU. You spent an entire post, pretending to hate on something. Kinda like a Twitter bot.

I enjoyed it for what it is. I didn't even try to compare it to 1995. Yeah, it could've been better, but it's not as bad as YOU made it out to be.

Then you made this comment...

I'm thinking you're trying too hard to be likable.

He looks nothing like Robin Williams besides his skull shape.

A lot of people like/love this version of Kano because he's perfect for the role, in addition to the comedic relief bits. So, again: Keep this in mind when you're talking to people, commenting on youtube videos, or any comments section or another forum.

Or suffer the hate. I'm serious, dude.

But you called me full of myself? You know what, when you're out there having these opinions, and whatnot. Don't say I didn't warn you.

"dOn'T sAy i Didn't WaRn yOU" Bwaahahahaahaha.. what is that even supposed to mean? I'm trying so hard here to be unlikeable to you.

IMO, for the times we're living in, movies need to be more than just "okay" to justify 1) their price tags, 2) going into the theaters at all to share the experience with a bunch of total strangers. I watched this thing at home so I didn't have to deal with either of that, but there needs to be more put into movies if they're going to have people spend their money and time on it. Not just spectacle and marketing to put the spectacle front and center to attract people to pay money to justify the budget on the spectacle, they need to work on the story. Not making the story cohesive is where we'll end up with "[X movie] flopped with biggest second-week drop off" something something after the initial novelty of watching it at all wears off, and people only watching the movie to skip to the fight scenes.

How did monks find armless-Jax and take him to their temple? Couldn't they have found Kano, Cole, and Sonya the same way?
Where did they get the materials to give him his baby metal arms?
Where was Liu Kang coming from when he found the other travelers?
Raiden can teleport his crew into a Void at any time but didn't save Kung Lao?
"Death is just another portal" okay, so they can travel to another realm and find Kung Lao, right?
Never mind how Scorpion learned English in Hell apparently, the start of the movie was Bi-Han saying something in Chinese, Hanzo saying "I don't understand a word you just said" in Japanese, they duel, and then Bi-Han says "For the Lin Kuei," in English. In the 1800s? That's nice and all dude, but Hanzo still doesn't know what you said.
Kano and Kabal have some history going on, except for when Kabal exposits for five minutes in front of Kano, then the drama is gone and Kano joins the bad guy side. Friendship! Again!?
So, Shang Tsung is technically cheating by going after fighters and killing them before the tournament begins. So the solution is... to kill all of his fighters before the tournament begins! Genius!
Oh wait, this is actually a serious offense that might require the Elder Gods to intervene, but Shang Tsung says he can handle them, and they're not seen actually intervening. Why mention the Elder Gods at all, then? Did anyone writing this movie play MK9 and remember that the Elder Gods descended to block Shao Kahn out of merging realms because he hadn't officially won and then obliterated him for the offense? Yeah. That's the thing that should be happening to Shang Tsung. But I guess they're lazy. Okay.
How do you introduce Mileena without Kitana? Where's Sindel? Where's Shao Khan outside of the easter egg in Raiden's temple?
Why did we get a Mortal Kombat movie without the tournament that the movie is titled after? This entire movie is a set-up to the tournament? WB has taken the literal wrong lessons from the MCU. But that goes without saying.

People might not find these things important enough to answer or fix. Sure. But it's the difference between a movie and just watching a Youtube playlist of highlights. Entirely disconnected scenes, just moment to moment. Is there anything in this movie that fans wouldn't be served watching Mortal Kombat: Rebirth and Mortal Kombat: Legacy? Or MK Legends: Scorpion's Revenge? Because those are better received by viewers without blowing their load on ice effect CGI.

Ayyyy the actor already knows!

Here's a side-by-side:

50033_50692.jpg
R999423142ba5a7c6c9b43bc3970c9a7e

charlie-kelly.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny.

It's almost everything, the resemblance, the facial hair sure hid it for me.

I'm not capable of going thru those detailed lore. My mortal kombat game experience only reached MK trilogy and the movies, so i have no knowledge of how they are after that.

But all in all, it feels more like a series than it would a movie.

And all your points hits, the world building isn't comprehensive, but, it's an under two hour movie, this was definitely rushed, the screenwriting is fast-paced and not taking it's time, either covid or the usual WB had a hand in this.

I did noticed something weird in the development of the movie, for something of this caliber, there's no 'leaks', teasers or anything significant for so long when it has a promising list of casts --I still don't like Lewis Tan, dunno, just can't get the hang of him. And suddenly BOOM! Teasers and trailers just before release.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
"dOn'T sAy i Didn't WaRn yOU" Bwaahahahaahaha.. what is that even supposed to mean? I'm trying so hard here to be unlikeable to you.
Go ahead, laugh. But, when YOU say "Kano doesn't seem exciting in MK 2021," and the person you debate with, goes "What? Kano's funny, man you are boring!" Your feelings are going to well up. But... I warned you. You didn't listen.
That's what I said. His skull is the only resemblance. They wanted a Kano similar to Trevor from MK 1995, but a little more like a... mullet style. Not like MK11, but a differentiatal Kano that is distinct.
I'm not capable of going thru those detailed lore. My mortal kombat game experience only reached MK trilogy and the movies, so i have no knowledge of how they are after that.
You don't have to. Some parts of MK 2021 should already resonate with you.

And all your points hits, the world building isn't comprehensive, but, it's an under two hour movie, this was definitely rushed, the screenwriting is fast-paced and not taking it's time, either covid or the usual WB had a hand in this.
No, its because of the guy who did the screenwriting. He has NO connection to MK. He worked on WW84, sooo... that's not a surprise.

The director, the actors all know Mortal Kombat. And they wanted a genuine Mortal Kombat film.
I did noticed something weird in the development of the movie, for something of this caliber, there's no 'leaks', teasers or anything significant for so long when it has a promising list of casts --I still don't like Lewis Tan, dunno, just can't get the hang of him. And suddenly BOOM! Teasers and trailers just before release.
THAT is good. That means they were protective of the film.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Man, I'm glad I wasn't the only one that saw it. The resemblance is as close as Sean Faris to Tom Cruise. It's crazy. Who's in charge of the character creation system in this world?
:ROFL:

Trust me, it's a deceptive amount of lore for a game where people rip each other in half. The MK Wiki has articles so long they have to separate things by tabs for Original Timeline and New Timeline, and the amount of characters they put in by the 7th game in the series is why Armageddon had 62 characters. They were "Everyone Is Here!" before Everyone Is Here was cool.

And also they retconned Sindel's personality in MK11 and people are mad about that, including me. Seriously, it's bad.

WB has been pushing 2-hour mandates for who-knows-how-long, and they are seriously knee-capping their own movies with that while holding up the excuse of "getting more screenings in per day". Well, you don't have to worry about getting more screenings per day if no one shows up because the plot sucks. Screw that, get more rooms with staggered runtimes, ya cowards. Not all scripts need to be two hours. Movies are allowed to exist with longer run times, or else we wouldn't have the LOTR trilogy or even some of the stuff in the MCU, much less actual classic films people still talk about.

Godzilla vs Kong was affected by this mandate and the rest of the plot is in the companion novel. Did you know that Dr. Serizawa from the last movie had a son? Because I sure didn't.

This MK movie would have had more time to breathe as a series, though, it's true. I'd say a 12-episode season. with 1-hr episodes. Maybe 4-6 episodes to establish Hanzo and Bi-Han, Cole, Kano, Sonya and Jax, Kung Lao and Liu Kang, and Raiden consulting the Elder Gods gathering them together, while using each individual episode to slip in the mentions of other characters. If it takes fewer episodes than that, then great, because the remaining episodes are the actual tournament.

Yup. WB marketing machine. Manufacture the hype and control the messaging, and let fans of the series do the work producing their own hype just because we haven't seen a live-action MK movie in like 20 years.

Shame they couldn't do better than this track alone:

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Trust me, it's a deceptive amount of lore for a game where people rip each other in half. The MK Wiki has articles so long they have to separate things by tabs for Original Timeline and New Timeline, and the amount of characters they put in by the 7th game in the series is why Armageddon had 62 characters. They were "Everyone Is Here!" before Everyone Is Here was cool.
Yeah.
And also they retconned Sindel's personality in MK11 and people are mad about that, including me. Seriously, it's bad.
Actually, in MK11, the Sindel storyline kept to MK3 lore. Just not her personality (not sure what it is tbh, but it was always established that she's a screaming bitch, who has the same lust for taking over earth, as Shao Khan was).
WB has been pushing 2-hour mandates for who-knows-how-long, and they are seriously knee-capping their own movies with that while holding up the excuse of "getting more screenings in per day". Well, you don't have to worry about getting more screenings per day if no one shows up because the plot sucks. Screw that, get more rooms with staggered runtimes, ya cowards. Not all scripts need to be two hours. Movies are allowed to exist with longer run times, or else we wouldn't have the LOTR trilogy or even some of the stuff in the MCU, much less actual classic films people still talk about.
You wouldn't want 3-hours Mortal Kombat, trust me. Zack Zyder's cut of Justice League had almost 4 hours, and the film felt dragging on too long. I agree Mortal Kombat fits that ideal runtime knowing how big the series is, with 62 characters at one point (Armageddon).
Godzilla vs Kong was affected by this mandate and the rest of the plot is in the companion novel. Did you know that Dr. Serizawa from the last movie had a son? Because I sure didn't.
Eh. Not really much to go on with Kong vs Godzilla, really. The film was not perfect but it went as expected.
This MK movie would have had more time to breathe as a series, though, it's true. I'd say a 12-episode season. with 1-hr episodes. Maybe 4-6 episodes to establish Hanzo and Bi-Han, Cole, Kano, Sonya and Jax, Kung Lao and Liu Kang, and Raiden consulting the Elder Gods gathering them together, while using each individual episode to slip in the mentions of other characters. If it takes fewer episodes than that, then great, because the remaining episodes are the actual tournament.
It's not going to take that long to get tournament, they're just trying to establish the story and spread things out. Relax.
Yup. WB marketing machine. Manufacture the hype and control the messaging, and let fans of the series do the work producing their own hype just because we haven't seen a live-action MK movie in like 20 years.
I think them hiding things and holding off the hype until the last minute is better, but I think they could've done better at marketing. I do remember there was silence between January and March. That would've been more time to talk the story and marketing.

My brother and his fiance said the same. I do think they could've at least do something similar to "Control." That's the music running in the background of Liu Kang vs Reptile. Something to hype up the fight. Like the Sub-Zero fights after the first part of the film.

absolitude

Go ahead, laugh. But, when YOU say "Kano doesn't seem exciting in MK 2021," and the person you debate with, goes "What? Kano's funny, man you are boring!" Your feelings are going to well up. But... I warned you. You didn't listen.

That's what I said. His skull is the only resemblance. They wanted a Kano similar to Trevor from MK 1995, but a little more like a... mullet style. Not like MK11, but a differentiatal Kano that is distinct.

You don't have to. Some parts of MK 2021 should already resonate with you.

No, its because of the guy who did the screenwriting. He has NO connection to MK. He worked on WW84, sooo... that's not a surprise.

The director, the actors all know Mortal Kombat. And they wanted a genuine Mortal Kombat film.

THAT is good. That means they were protective of the film.

Ugh, this again, warn me for what?? The internet? Dude, you take too highly of the internet.. get real.

Man, I'm glad I wasn't the only one that saw it. The resemblance is as close as Sean Faris to Tom Cruise. It's crazy. Who's in charge of the character creation system in this world?

Ah, Sean Faris, sure wished he would make it bigger in the industry.

Oh damn yea, Godzilla vs Kong too, so many questions when watching it, like who is this? where was this? was this in the previous movies? Felt that.. They better not mess with The Batman and i'm already worried bout the Flash movie..

By the way? Any good feeling this Mortal Kombat would have a follow up?

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Ah, Sean Faris, sure wished he would make it bigger in the industry.
Normally I'd agree, but he's on my list of "people that can do better than the industry". If he's comfortable in his niche of television films, tv series, and voice-acting for video games, and his work allows for a good balance with his personal life, then good on him. He's secured his bag, and that's really all that matters over being a, say, Dwayne Johnson-type that stars in blockbusters. When's the last time some scandalous headline came out about Faris's love life and who he's following or unfollowing on Twitter? Exactly.

Oh damn yea, Godzilla vs Kong too, so many questions when watching it, like who is this? where was this? was this in the previous movies? Felt that.. They better not mess with The Batman and i'm already worried bout the Flash movie...
Skull Island got decimated between Kong's solo film and GvK by a combination of earthquakes, and a storm that rolled in and made everything go dark. Yeah, all those people that John C Reilly's character bonded with? All gone. "It's in the novel/comic". I shouldn't have to read a novel to understand what's in the movie. Just gimme the damn book instead. The movie just turns into a glorified wallpaper scroll. It does have some great visuals though.

Also in a novel/comic/whatever: Godzilla (I'll just call him "Goji") fought against MUTO Prime, Jishin-Mushi, and got his dorsal plates shattered by Jishin's sonic scream. He won by the humans using a proto-Orca device to trick Jishin into being in "flight" mode and not attacking, and some other stuff. Keep this in mind for later. In a different comic, Kong fought the bat-kaiju Camazotz, and that thing's sonic screams are why the little girl is hard of hearing in the movie and thus has to know sign language. Kong would also be hard of hearing in that case.

Kong and his super inconsistent scale. He can poke Jia with one finger and she can reasonably poke him back, but also he can grab entire buildings because he's also as tall as buildings in motherfrickin Hong Kong, so he really shouldn't have been able to fit on that carrier and been able to poke Jia's finger.

That "ancient rivalry" between Goji's and Kong's species. The one we didn't know about until this movie, meanwhile the MUTOs killed Goji's species and Skullcrawlers killed Kong's parents, then the cave paintings and KOTM presented Goji and Ghidorah as rivals due to their alpha status until it was revealed Ghido was an alien. That ancient rivalry between Goji and Kong. Okay. Sure.

Goji is so out to kill Kong just for his existence threatening Goji's Alpha spot that he goes out of his way to hunt down a sedated, chained Kong and tries to drown Kong underwater. Then the ship turns off and... Godzilla's okay with that? Why would he care? He was there to kill Kong. He would still kill Kong whether the ship carrying him was turned on or not. They cut off the part of the film where G's attack was spurred by the Orca-Z signal in the ship, and turning the ship off stopped the signal that attracted him there. I mean, not that there was any real reason for Goji to attack Kong because if there were, Kong would've been in the last movie. The fact that he's capable of ignoring Ghido's call and is straight-up not present in KOTM with all the big alpha battles means he's not a threat.

Kinda hard to sell the fact that Goji is willing to kill people of his own accord (without the Orca-Z) when he spent some of the first movie ignoring humans while they were actively shooting him and also saved a bus full of kids in the process, and usually swam under ships. Then the director for KOTM said that the fanfiction Song of the Tiny Ones accurately captured Goji's inner monologue, including the part where he's willing to save humans and recognizes each human's intentions by their bioacoustics. But I guess, now he's killing people just because Apex is creating MekaGoji, but he somehow doesn't immediately zero-in on Simmons and where Meka is actually being made. Sounds legit.

The movie spends a bunch of its run time trying to get Kong into Hollow Earth and it's a big spectacle featuring Interstellar-like portal stuff. Then the minute Kong is down there, Goji makes it to this super specific spot in Suddenly Futuristic Hong Kong and blasts a hole right through with his atomic breath. One, great job invalidating half the movie. Two, okay, so what was the deal with the portals then?

MekaGoji being made from Ghidorah's head. Charles Dance's character had possession of that thing in the last movie! Now it's in the possession of some corporation that we've never heard of! And we don't know what happened to his character. It's implied in the novelization that he sold off the head. In the movie? "Somehow, Palpatine returned"-level of non-explanation.

The conspiracy nut with his own podcast who works for Apex and says that he works for Apex and that he'll continue infiltrating Apex for its secrets was not found by Apex and avoided their notice for a while, but Millie's character immediately finds out where he is by, uh, looking him up on the internet? On his own website? Because a random Apex employee can't search this dude up and figure out the same thing?

Pouring alcohol on the control panel. If the mecha is controlling itself to the point where it fried its own pilot and doesn't give a damn, why is it affected by pouring alcohol on a panel no one is using and the mecha doesn't need?

Actually in the novel:
"But it suddenly wasn’t one way anymore. It was not just him entering the machine—something was also entering him, oscillating, a feedback loop between his own consciousness and the AI. He felt a million years of rage rising in him, hatred that transcended time and space. He felt as if he was sinking into it, dissolving, as another mind full of terrible, alien thoughts began to take his place. He tried to take the helmet off, but he couldn’t feel his hands. He opened his eyes and realized he was in the Mecha, staring at Simmons through the glass. But when he tried to move the mechanical hands, they wouldn’t move either."
The novel says Ren is fused with (or possessed by) MekaGoji, and he wasn't simply electrocuted when the mecha gained sentience thanks to Ghidorah's head. Also, Ren intended to kill Simmons anyway, so that might have been him turning against his own boss, because the skull specifically used to power MekaGoji was "Kevin/San", the most docile and dumb of the three Ghidorah heads (they all have distinctive personalities). So did Ren die for real when MekaGoji was hacked to pieces? Or is his human body possessed and survived with Ghidorah's consciousness piloting it? It depends on the sequel, I guess.

Last but not least: MekaGoji was b.s. The reason Goji had trouble with Ghido in KOTM was because of the synch with all three Ghido heads plus their regenerative capacity. And he continually needs human assists against these "final boss"-type kaiju. In the first movie, in the second movie, in the tie-in comics. Every. Single. Time. But then Goji got an AGI and STR buff against Kong enough to spam atomic breath and be nimbler than he was in previous movies even though he weighs twice as much now, and his atomic breath had enough power previously to blow a hole straight to the Hollow Earth yet as soon as he gets to MekaGoji powered by only ONE Ghido head (and a tiny piece of Hollow Earth), he gets curbstomped? Outta nowhere? His atomic breath can't stand up to Meka? Then MekaGoji gets beat by Kong + Axe with the Goji breath assist? The same atomic breath that was weaksauce in a direct beam struggle? And even though Kong + Axe couldn't stand up to regular Goji after Goji took a headshot from the same axe powered by his own breath?

Word?

Who the f wrote the movie?

I'm not optimistic. They're probably going to mess with both Batman and the Flash. And the director will end up saying on Twitter that every single cut and change to the movie was their own idea and that there is no director's cut, even with lapses in the plot.
By the way? Any good feeling this Mortal Kombat would have a follow up?
For Joe Taslim's sake? Yes. He's the guy that played Sub-Zero and he's really good. Watch The Raid: Redemption and Dead Mine if you haven't already. He had a role in Fast and Furious 6, too.

absolitude

Normally I'd agree, but he's on my list of "people that can do better than the industry". If he's comfortable in his niche of television films, tv series, and voice-acting for video games, and his work allows for a good balance with his personal life, then good on him. He's secured his bag, and that's really all that matters over being a, say, Dwayne Johnson-type that stars in blockbusters. When's the last time some scandalous headline came out about Faris's love life and who he's following or unfollowing on Twitter? Exactly.

Skull Island got decimated between Kong's solo film and GvK by a combination of earthquakes, and a storm that rolled in and made everything go dark. Yeah, all those people that John C Reilly's character bonded with? All gone. "It's in the novel/comic". I shouldn't have to read a novel to understand what's in the movie. Just gimme the damn book instead. The movie just turns into a glorified wallpaper scroll. It does have some great visuals though.

Also in a novel/comic/whatever: Godzilla (I'll just call him "Goji") fought against MUTO Prime, Jishin-Mushi, and got his dorsal plates shattered by Jishin's sonic scream. He won by the humans using a proto-Orca device to trick Jishin into being in "flight" mode and not attacking, and some other stuff. Keep this in mind for later. In a different comic, Kong fought the bat-kaiju Camazotz, and that thing's sonic screams are why the little girl is hard of hearing in the movie and thus has to know sign language. Kong would also be hard of hearing in that case.

Kong and his super inconsistent scale. He can poke Jia with one finger and she can reasonably poke him back, but also he can grab entire buildings because he's also as tall as buildings in motherfrickin Hong Kong, so he really shouldn't have been able to fit on that carrier and been able to poke Jia's finger.

That "ancient rivalry" between Goji's and Kong's species. The one we didn't know about until this movie, meanwhile the MUTOs killed Goji's species and Skullcrawlers killed Kong's parents, then the cave paintings and KOTM presented Goji and Ghidorah as rivals due to their alpha status until it was revealed Ghido was an alien. That ancient rivalry between Goji and Kong. Okay. Sure.

Goji is so out to kill Kong just for his existence threatening Goji's Alpha spot that he goes out of his way to hunt down a sedated, chained Kong and tries to drown Kong underwater. Then the ship turns off and... Godzilla's okay with that? Why would he care? He was there to kill Kong. He would still kill Kong whether the ship carrying him was turned on or not. They cut off the part of the film where G's attack was spurred by the Orca-Z signal in the ship, and turning the ship off stopped the signal that attracted him there. I mean, not that there was any real reason for Goji to attack Kong because if there were, Kong would've been in the last movie. The fact that he's capable of ignoring Ghido's call and is straight-up not present in KOTM with all the big alpha battles means he's not a threat.

Kinda hard to sell the fact that Goji is willing to kill people of his own accord (without the Orca-Z) when he spent some of the first movie ignoring humans while they were actively shooting him and also saved a bus full of kids in the process, and usually swam under ships. Then the director for KOTM said that the fanfiction Song of the Tiny Ones accurately captured Goji's inner monologue, including the part where he's willing to save humans and recognizes each human's intentions by their bioacoustics. But I guess, now he's killing people just because Apex is creating MekaGoji, but he somehow doesn't immediately zero-in on Simmons and where Meka is actually being made. Sounds legit.

The movie spends a bunch of its run time trying to get Kong into Hollow Earth and it's a big spectacle featuring Interstellar-like portal stuff. Then the minute Kong is down there, Goji makes it to this super specific spot in Suddenly Futuristic Hong Kong and blasts a hole right through with his atomic breath. One, great job invalidating half the movie. Two, okay, so what was the deal with the portals then?

MekaGoji being made from Ghidorah's head. Charles Dance's character had possession of that thing in the last movie! Now it's in the possession of some corporation that we've never heard of! And we don't know what happened to his character. It's implied in the novelization that he sold off the head. In the movie? "Somehow, Palpatine returned"-level of non-explanation.

The conspiracy nut with his own podcast who works for Apex and says that he works for Apex and that he'll continue infiltrating Apex for its secrets was not found by Apex and avoided their notice for a while, but Millie's character immediately finds out where he is by, uh, looking him up on the internet? On his own website? Because a random Apex employee can't search this dude up and figure out the same thing?

Pouring alcohol on the control panel. If the mecha is controlling itself to the point where it fried its own pilot and doesn't give a damn, why is it affected by pouring alcohol on a panel no one is using and the mecha doesn't need?

Actually in the novel:

The novel says Ren is fused with (or possessed by) MekaGoji, and he wasn't simply electrocuted when the mecha gained sentience thanks to Ghidorah's head. Also, Ren intended to kill Simmons anyway, so that might have been him turning against his own boss, because the skull specifically used to power MekaGoji was "Kevin/San", the most docile and dumb of the three Ghidorah heads (they all have distinctive personalities). So did Ren die for real when MekaGoji was hacked to pieces? Or is his human body possessed and survived with Ghidorah's consciousness piloting it? It depends on the sequel, I guess.

Last but not least: MekaGoji was b.s. The reason Goji had trouble with Ghido in KOTM was because of the synch with all three Ghido heads plus their regenerative capacity. And he continually needs human assists against these "final boss"-type kaiju. In the first movie, in the second movie, in the tie-in comics. Every. Single. Time. But then Goji got an AGI and STR buff against Kong enough to spam atomic breath and be nimbler than he was in previous movies even though he weighs twice as much now, and his atomic breath had enough power previously to blow a hole straight to the Hollow Earth yet as soon as he gets to MekaGoji powered by only ONE Ghido head (and a tiny piece of Hollow Earth), he gets curbstomped? Outta nowhere? His atomic breath can't stand up to Meka? Then MekaGoji gets beat by Kong + Axe with the Goji breath assist? The same atomic breath that was weaksauce in a direct beam struggle? And even though Kong + Axe couldn't stand up to regular Goji after Goji took a headshot from the same axe powered by his own breath?

Word?

Who the f wrote the movie?

I'm not optimistic. They're probably going to mess with both Batman and the Flash. And the director will end up saying on Twitter that every single cut and change to the movie was their own idea and that there is no director's cut, even with lapses in the plot.

For Joe Taslim's sake? Yes. He's the guy that played Sub-Zero and he's really good. Watch The Raid: Redemption and Dead Mine if you haven't already. He had a role in Fast and Furious 6, too.

Oh Definitely, i love Faris and the fact that he's not tangled with the holywood stuffs, but it's more i want to see more of him doing stuffs i wanted to see, like being nightwing or other cbm or live action adaptation stuffs, he just have the looks for the genre, too bad it was KoF that he got himself into.

Same here, i hate having to understand a whole of a certain media thru another extensive media. And wow, that's a lot of stuffs they're not putting into GvK, it's not like it would damage the movie with a lil more runtime. That company with the mechagoji was the most "who the eff are these people?!" during the watch.

Yea, Joe is from my country. Proud of him being selective with his roles and actually having a better international career compared to Iko also from the raid.

I'm hoping the series would get a continuity, wether series or movie sequel for the sake of i wanna see more. They should do better with how audience review it --like it ever matters, the visuals certainly needs no fix, just more of the others.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
Oh Definitely, i love Faris and the fact that he's not tangled with the holywood stuffs, but it's more i want to see more of him doing stuffs i wanted to see, like being nightwing or other cbm or live action adaptation stuffs, he just have the looks for the genre, too bad it was KoF that he got himself into.
Never seen the KOF movie but I'll guess it was like Kristin Kreuk being Chun Li in the Street Fighter movie. Good actor that gave it their all in a bad role.

I see your Nightwing and raise you a Jason Todd/Red Hood. Especially if it was a live action adaptation of Under the Red Hood or the Choose Your Own Adventure version that was being sold. Faris really knows how to sell raw pain and a sense of betrayal, if his screentime in Pawn was anything to go by. Dream team is Sean as Jason and Scott Adkins as Bruce, and Dylan Sprayberry as Tim if he doesn't get a cute Easter egg as Superboy in some other property.

But like. Ideally Faris's agent pulls a grand slam and nets him a big role whenever company politics stops poisoning the content we get. A monkey's paw wish would be something like, he gets a CBM role but it's still WB/DC and they mess it up and it bombs.

Same here, i hate having to understand a whole of a certain media thru another extensive media.
Ask me how much I hate FFXV for that "transmedia" nonsense, I dare you.

.... Actually please don't.

And wow, that's a lot of stuffs they're not putting into GvK, it's not like it would damage the movie with a lil more runtime. That company with the mechagoji was the most "who the eff are these people?!" during the watch.
The wrong lesson was learned about the humans taking up the runtime. Instead of making their screentime actually good, they just serve glorified exposition dumps who aren't even that useful. Pouring alcohol into the control panel could have been replaced with an inconveniently placed faulty water main.

Yea, Joe is from my country. Proud of him being selective with his roles and actually having a better international career compared to Iko also from the raid.
I wouldn't even have noticed Iko has a less successful career, tbh. He was the best part of Mile 22 and I want a sequel to that movie just to see how he completely dunks on everyone.

I'm hoping the series would get a continuity, wether series or movie sequel for the sake of i wanna see more. They should do better with how audience review it --like it ever matters, the visuals certainly needs no fix, just more of the others.
They might be better served going with the more predictable takes that the audience wants for those sequels, but it's too late in at least one thing. By that I mean, way too many people were thinking Cole would transform into Scorpion as his ability instead of gaining literal plot armor, so I'm not sure who on the writing team thought that Scorpion appearing through reincarnation was less intuitive than the explanation that requires a Google search ("Scorpion's spirit was freed from Hell by Cole's blood getting on Sub-Zero's blade, because Hanzo had similarly cut his hand with Bi-Han's weapon back in the 1800s"). Seriously. Who could have guessed what actually happened? It's one of those many moments where subverting expectations confuses people.

absolitude

Never seen the KOF movie but I'll guess it was like Kristin Kreuk being Chun Li in the Street Fighter movie. Good actor that gave it their all in a bad role.

I see your Nightwing and raise you a Jason Todd/Red Hood. Especially if it was a live action adaptation of Under the Red Hood or the Choose Your Own Adventure version that was being sold. Faris really knows how to sell raw pain and a sense of betrayal, if his screentime in Pawn was anything to go by. Dream team is Sean as Jason and Scott Adkins as Bruce, and Dylan Sprayberry as Tim if he doesn't get a cute Easter egg as Superboy in some other property.

But like. Ideally Faris's agent pulls a grand slam and nets him a big role whenever company politics stops poisoning the content we get. A monkey's paw wish would be something like, he gets a CBM role but it's still WB/DC and they mess it up and it bombs.

Ask me how much I hate FFXV for that "transmedia" nonsense, I dare you.

.... Actually please don't.

The wrong lesson was learned about the humans taking up the runtime. Instead of making their screentime actually good, they just serve glorified exposition dumps who aren't even that useful. Pouring alcohol into the control panel could have been replaced with an inconveniently placed faulty water main.

I wouldn't even have noticed Iko has a less successful career, tbh. He was the best part of Mile 22 and I want a sequel to that movie just to see how he completely dunks on everyone.

They might be better served going with the more predictable takes that the audience wants for those sequels, but it's too late in at least one thing. By that I mean, way too many people were thinking Cole would transform into Scorpion as his ability instead of gaining literal plot armor, so I'm not sure who on the writing team thought that Scorpion appearing through reincarnation was less intuitive than the explanation that requires a Google search ("Scorpion's spirit was freed from Hell by Cole's blood getting on Sub-Zero's blade, because Hanzo had similarly cut his hand with Bi-Han's weapon back in the 1800s"). Seriously. Who could have guessed what actually happened? It's one of those many moments where subverting expectations confuses people.

That's a damn absolute dream team, the movie industry is soo late acknowledging good stuffs. I'll hope the fan-movie guys could take this.. And thanks for Pawn reference, never heard of this movie, that is some line-ups of actors.

Lol, no, not gonna ask anything about FFXV, haven't even played the game.

Humans taking run-time, and being forgettable when the movie was finished, like they was taking easy checks.

Yo what the eff? That was the actual reason of Scorpion returning to the realm in the movie? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
That's a damn absolute dream team, the movie industry is soo late acknowledging good stuffs. I'll hope the fan-movie guys could take this.. And thanks for Pawn reference, never heard of this movie, that is some line-ups of actors.
Thomas Jane reprised his role as Frank Castle in the fanfilm Dirty Laundry. Since that's possible, fan movie makers have a shot at this casting provided the actors get decently paid for the work they do and the script is tight.

Humans taking run-time, and being forgettable when the movie was finished, like they was taking easy checks.
I respect them for getting their bag though. Getting paid to do as little work as possible is the dream life. The part of the human characters being utterly forgettable means you can't even actively hate their portrayal because nothing much is there. At worst, they have "meh" performances. Win-win.

Yo what the eff? That was the actual reason of Scorpion returning to the realm in the movie? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..
Yeah. It was blood magic. They did it that way since Quan Chi doesn't exist yet. Honest question, what did you think was the reason?

absolitude

Thomas Jane reprised his role as Frank Castle in the fanfilm Dirty Laundry. Since that's possible, fan movie makers have a shot at this casting provided the actors get decently paid for the work they do and the script is tight.

I respect them for getting their bag though. Getting paid to do as little work as possible is the dream life. The part of the human characters being utterly forgettable means you can't even actively hate their portrayal because nothing much is there. At worst, they have "meh" performances. Win-win.

Yeah. It was blood magic. They did it that way since Quan Chi doesn't exist yet. Honest question, what did you think was the reason?

Well true, i don't hate any of them, simply because they're just there and they're being good at just being there, couldn't even care bout any of them, waste of good casts i would say.

Honestly, i thought it was like you said, vengeance fueled reincarnation, and the good ol appearing at the right time with no special method at all, like he's already in the earth realm for some time just waiting to make an entrance. And it worked just fine for me.

Gasoline Tank

I've seen the original many times. It's got some awesome fights with the ninjas. I also like the last battle at the end. I will see the remake someday in full.

Top Bottom