• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Moral bars?

aka958

Don't trust people
Angelo Credo;285671 said:
I vary from a -5 to a +5 depending on who's company I'm in, people I like get around a +3, people I love get +4 or +5.

People I despise get the super prick -5 treatment and everyone else tends to get around a -3 to +2 depending on my mood.

That is why I was neutral. Otherwise it would be the same as you, also depending on what's happening and stuff as well.

moseslmpg

Lexy;285655 said:
I'm very moral, but they are my own morals. So I'm not sure any of you would consider me a 5+. Lol.
Isn't everyone justified to themselves though? "Every way of man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord pondereth the hearts," as they say.

If they are individual morals, I don't think that that really counts are being moral, unless we're getting into ethics vs. morals, which I'm not. But then, I am somewhat of a moral objectivist.

I'd give myself a +2 on good days, in terms of actual action, but nothing higher. On the one hand, I'm nice, i.e. not mean and I go out of my way not to harm people, but at the same time, I'm took weak of constitution to really cause any positive difference. But they do say, first do no harm/an it harm none...etc. so I think I have the first part done.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Hmm, if it's also about how we treat people, then I will treat anyone civilly and I will be polite, as long as they are the same back. I like people who are respectful of others, so if someone knows how to be, they will get nice treatment from me.

If someone gives me the prick treatment, they'll get it in return IRL. Although I am not the type to bother with mind games or revenge - they'll simply drop off my acknowlegement radar completely. If there's something most people don't like, it's to be ignored.

With strangers I am very polite. But I do expect much more from my family members, which is why I am harsher with them because they are so terrible at respecting each other and being unselfish. On the surface it might seem odd that I have more patience for a stranger than I do for my father, for example, but that is because most strangers extend you some courtesy as a matter of custom, and my father has treated me far worse than he would ever treat a stranger. Hence my behaviour/morals, which revolve around respect and trust and some integrity, and the expectation is the same for every single person I meet. If someone does not believe in having any of those things at all, then I do not believe they deserve to be noticed.

moseslmpg

I think people generally don't extend as much courtesy to their family as to strangers. Maybe because they have nothing to prove to their family, or maybe because strangers seem outside their scope of responsibility. I act like that too.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
+5? I don't really know what you guys think of me.

I don't really have 'mean' days...but I do have bad days.

Top Bottom