• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mission problem ( PS 4)

Bart

I am really surprised their is no answer to this problem yet.

It seems to be a bug/Problem that mostly happens on PS4.
For me it happens while trying to load Mission 2. I simply get "Please Wait - Game Data Preparation is not yet ready" for like hours on end and can never start Mission 2.
I have searched the Web for hours yesterday evening but didn't find any clue/help.

Some People could fix it by updating Cloud-Saves, but as i don't use PS-Online in any way - that Workaround obviously wont work for me.
My Game is fully downloaded and updated, so is my PS4. I did not play nor install the demo - so there shouldnt be any colliding save-files.

As you won't find much about this topic on the Net, it seems to only affect/happen to a handful of people, but as I am one of them i really hope, their will be an answer on the official forums sometimes.

PLEASE HELP and Thx in advance!!

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Delete and reinstall the game and install the patch, this will probably fix the problem...

Bart

leave it for a time or try to reinstall game. I had same crap with RE7
I didn't play RE7, but I am playing RE2-Remake at the moment.
Maybe the Saves of those Capcom-games collide somehow??

Delete and reinstall the game and install the patch, this will probably fix the problem...

Sad but true - I reinstalled twice before even making a forum post, and obviously I am running the latest patch-version.

Found some Post of People who stated, that it just started working again after some time, but right now i am not that lucky.
Second day - and everything is still the same :-(

Vergil95

I

Sad but true - I reinstalled twice before even making a forum post, and obviously I am running the latest patch-version.

Found some Post of People who stated, that it just started working again after some time, but right now i am not that lucky.
Second day - and everything is still the same :-(
It s strange it s like the game was stardted but not fully installed... Try and put the game and when the game says: preparation of the game is not yet ready, try to wait 30 minute or more maybe it's installing the game I don't know... Did the game copy itself when you put the disc on the ps4? Did you Wait for the application to be installed

Bart

I
It s strange it s like the game was stardted but not fully installed... Try and put the game and when the game says: preparation of the game is not yet ready, try to wait 30 minute or more maybe it's installing the game I don't know... Did the game copy itself when you put the disc on the ps4? Did you Wait for the application to be installed

I bought it digitally, so i dont own a disc. And i actually let the process go on for over 2 hours and nothing happened nor changed :-(

Installed space says 36 GB for the whole game.

BTW - thx for all your Ideas, keep em coming. I really appreciate it!!!

Vergil95

I bought it digitally, so i dont own a disc. And i actually let the process go on for over 2 hours and nothing happened nor changed :-(

Installed space says 36 GB for the whole game.

BTW - thx for all your Ideas, keep em coming. I really appreciate it!!!
I don't know than, there is a way to report this to capcom or Sony?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
-(
no it had to do with incomplete installation file, that sometimes stumbles and someitmes you have to reinstall the game.

Bart

I reinstalled again yesterday evening and this morning I am finally able to progress into Mission 2.
I did not do anything different but if i saw it correctly - today I Updated to Vers 1.05 and before i think i had version 1.04.
So maybe the latest Patch fixed the Problem.

Thx to all you guys again for helping and brainstorming.

Obviously this bug/problem is not super common, but rather rare - so here is a List of possible Solutions/Fixes, if u stumble across this.
Some of those worked for some people, but as I am not sure what exactly worked for me in the end, or if the Patch might fix the bug, i cannot guarantee that any of this will work.

1. Make sure the game is fully installed (35,09 GB) - it is actually startable after Downloading 13 GB, and wont give you a DL-Indicator after that point - only by going to the Information-tab on the Home-Screen you can see the actual Size/DL-Progress.

2. If u played the Demo there seems to be a Problem with the Saves-files. Same if u switched Consoles. In this case it might seem to work to update Online-Save-files to progress (I didn't play the Demo nor do i own PS-Plus, so I just read about this).

3. Reinstall again and again and again and again..... (This worked for me - but i didnt change anything in between)

3.5. Some People reported that it just started working at somepoint without them doing anything, i would guess so here applies point 1.

If anyone finds any other method while/after having this issue, ill add it to the list.

Vergil95

Probably most people who had this issue started the game without finishing the download I guess

poiwer11

Ok so when you download game on PS4 its only 13Gb to download. Then when you start the game you are able to play only 2 missions but when you go to the game information it is still downloading data. The solution is just wait until the end of download.

Vergil95

Ok so when you download game on PS4 its only 13Gb to download. Then when you start the game you are able to play only 2 missions but when you go to the game information it is still downloading data. The solution is just wait until the end of download.
It s not an issue than, every ps4 game that you download did this

I am working off of a theory, but does anyone still have the dmc5 demo still installed? If so, I think you have to delete all dmc5 demo data and then restart the main game. Either that or try playing the demo and once you complete it, return to the main game to see if it registered as passed.

Devil Player

Wow, I haven't posted here for eons...Sorry for bumping such old thread.

Anyway, I had the same problem with mission 2 on PS4. I waited for hours, days, months. I even gave up the game ( it was almost collecting dust ). I woke up today and played the game until mission 2 and got again the same problem. However, I was focused on trying to find a way out.

This is what I did:

1) I turned on my PS4

2) I deleted all the DMC 5 save files ( everything related to DMC 5 ) on PS4 config

3) I played DMC 5 again from the beginning

4) Turned off network stuff ( I don't play online, so I have no use for network )

Once I got to Mission 2, I managed to play it without any problem. I guess the problem was in the save ( some people say once you install the game, you can already play the first missions but it's still not fully downloaded. Many people played it without fully downloading it, and it might have caused that problem ).

I hope I helped.

Hey, so I just wanted to add my own experience to this.
So yesterday I saw that dmc5 deluxe edition+Vergil is on sale in the ps store so I decided to buy it. While it was downloading it said __/15gb which I thought was very little for this game but ignored it ;-;
Anyway after that you can probably guess I finished mission 1 and then when I tried opening mission two it said "game data preparation no complete" blah blah. So I reinstalled it the next day but when it said "Download complete" I actually went to the DMC icon, clicked options (from the controller) and selected "Information" and it said 15/37gb. So I waited for a couple hours until it was fully downloaded and I was able to progress after that. :)
It was really weird however because the first time I got this error I checked this page And checked for the file size and it said 37gb complete?? Weird because It wasn't actually fully downloaded. Anyway my tip is reinstall and check the information panel when it says "download complete" because Capcom likes to mess with us loves ❤️

Top Bottom