• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metal Gear Solid Rising Lightning Bolt Action

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FS7jfjz1gE

New Metal Gear Solid game will be about Raiden, who else is exited about this?:lol:

Now some of you are Solid Snake fanboys and the very thought of not having him as the main character gives you nightmares and causes you to reject good games for no reason other than he isn't in it (example MGS2 sons of liberty).

For the rest of us who have accepted the fact that Snake's story is over and that the series is moving on without him, what do you think this game will be like with badass Lightning bolt Raiden taking the lead once again?

I personally cannot wait, I just started playing MGS4 and just got to the part where Raiden takes on a dozen geckos and fights Vamp. He is so awesome now.XD I liked Raiden even in MGS 2 and just love the fact that everyone that hates him now has to face up to the fact he is the most kickass thing in MGS4 and now the main character in this new game. EAT IT SNAKE FANBOYS.:p

(No insult was intended for Solid Snake himself, I do like Snake)

So that said, discuss.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I'm looking forward to this game, though I've never been a fan of Raiden.
And no, that's not because of the whole Raiden being the lead in MGS2, frankly, I think Raiden added a much unneeded dose of angst to the game, I personally always saw him as the Cloud Strife of Metal Gear Solid.

That being said, Raiden got a nice dose of badass in number 4, and this being transfered into a new game, based entirely around his new self can only be a good thing.

Oh and one final note: Loving that it's on the 360, it's nice to see that the days of console exclusive awesome series' coming to an end.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Angelo Credo;181450 said:
I'm looking forward to this game, though I've never been a fan of Raiden.
And no, that's not because of the whole Raiden being the lead in MGS2, frankly, I think Raiden added a much unneeded dose of angst to the game, I personally always saw him as the Cloud Strife of Metal Gear Solid.

That being said, Raiden got a nice dose of badass in number 4, and this being transfered into a new game, based entirely around his new self can only be a good thing.

Oh and one final note: Loving that it's on the 360, it's nice to see that the days of console exclusive awesome series' coming to an end.

Raiden brought realistic human emotions to the battlefield.
He was a flawed human being in MGS2 and I loved him for it. In MGS4 it is sad what happens to him. His mind coming undone, the only thing left in him it the super soldier and cold steel of war. In other words at his point I find his new self to be arguably more shallow as a character cause he is just another badass super soldier.

Enough of that though we are talking about the new game.

I agree that a game about this new self will defiantly be fun to play. I don't know if this will still be a stealth game, it will be allot more fast paced cause you are a super human ninja. I cannot wait to bust out those ninja moves and shoot lightning at people. I just hope they don't forsake stealth completely.

And yes, the move onto other consoles is s great idea.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
I wasnt a big fan of MGS series, because i never played it, but now that it`s finally coming out to the PC(excluding MGS 2 which i missed), i`m over excited about it.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^I have never played a MGS game on anything other than a playstation myself. So I hope to play this game on the PS3.

Sparda™

First, this news is two months old If I'm not mistaken. Oh wait, It's three months old. :p

But yeah, in any case, I'm waiting for It to be released.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^I know its old news, but no one else made a thread so I did.

Cause I wanted to:p

No opinion either way yet then? I personally would love to play a good game with new Raiden's powers.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^I will have my redundant thread anyway thank you very much.:p

You think it will still be a stealth game or will they do more of a ninja hack and slash type thing here? If so can the MGS team adapt to something that new?
Plus I am looking forward to seeing how they give us controle over Raiden's lightning powers.

Sparda™

Kojima confirmed the tagline 'Lightning Bolt Action' won't change the espionage genre. It's just a tagline to match Raiden's persona.

The game will still be tactical espionage action.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Awesome, I wonder if that means I can sneak up on a group of guys and taser them all into unconsiousness with some lightning.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
I never have like raiden so i wont be buying this game , only if it has snake as a main charecter then i will buy as i hated MGS2 ... :D

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Damien;181645 said:
I never have like raiden so i wont be buying this game , only if it has snake as a main charecter then i will buy as i hated MGS2 ... :D

MGS 2 was the only metal gear game with a story that keeps you in suspense and had a great number of fantastic plot twists. The story was fantastically told and a work of art in itself.

The story MGS 2 told was epic and hating it just cause Solid Snake isn't the main character is the definition of fanboy. you are only missing out on a great story purely because the lack of Snake blinds you to how good the game is.

But that does not matter, the MGS games are moving on without Snake. His story is over.

Sparda™

Fanboyism. Cut It in half, put one in a sack and bury It in the North Pole and the other half in Antarctica.

More to the point, I think the series will get reborn with Raiden as the main character. I dunno what Kojima & Co. are planning with their 'nuts-heads', but, I feel Rising should make an interesting approach.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Sparda™;181654 said:
Fanboyism. Cut It in half, put one in a sack and bury It in the North Pole and the other half in Antarctica.

More to the point, I think the series will get reborn with Raiden as the main character. I dunno what Kojima & Co. are planning with their 'nuts-heads', but, I feel Rising should make an interesting approach.

I agree.

Whatever they decide to do with this new game it will be a totaly new Metal Gear experience.

Top Bottom