• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance OMG! Trailer

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
He wasnt that much different from Solid Snake in MGS 2 and was just faster and more agile. Overall game mechanics were exactly the same, I understand he transformed a lot from that to the Raiden in MGS 4 but for the entire game to change because of the evolution of a character didnt sit right. As IGN said again (and I see where they are coming from in a way):

The character as he appeared in Metal Gear Solid 4 was certainly cool, but only as a part of the supporting cast. He was interesting because suddenly he wasn't the annoying, false substitute for Snake that he was in Metal Gear Solid 2. He wasn't an irritating failure, in other words. This trailer further removes him from being a relatable lead character. It continues to push the franchise in a direction unlike anything that made it brilliant in the first place. Raiden has now, for all intents and purposes, become a superhero capable of handling the mighty Metal Gear machines with one hand.

Think about that for a second. In this trailer, we see Raiden flip a Ray over his head with one hand. Spectacle aside, consider what that means for the franchise. Snake's battles with the Metal Gears always stand as the climax of every Metal Gear game. They are the payoff, the incredible battle that gamers anticipate from minute one. They are in many respects the ultimate boss character, larger-than-life and of immense challenge.

And Raiden is tossing the hulking beast as if it was a stuffed animal that belongs in the trash.

Granted I cant claim to be the biggest Metal Gear fan having only played the first, second and third but didnt get into the third properly (friend had it for months and I forgot to get it back). Didnt play MGS 4 so dont know all that much about it but it seems a hell of a change from Raiden in MGS 2 who everyone seemed to hate to the one seen in this. Snake merely aged whereas Raiden was transformed into some superhero like character.

Dont get me wrong I think the game looks cool and everything and im interested to see how it ends up as im looking to purchase it. However still seems an odd choice to take the game in this direction, spin off or not.

Honestly I myself didn't see the same character from MGS4 , this raiden take everything easy , looks like he is having fun slicing cyborgs , in one word "badA$$".
Raiden in MGS4 had a great unique personality that makes you feel that he has a heart , he has feelings , you can see sorrow in his eyes , there was allot of emotional moments back in MGS4 that makes you feel sorry for him.

and you know what . . . after all i can see your point , MGS or MG never had over the top action like what we saw in the trailer and even if they want to make it as hack n slash game it shouldn't be over the top action game.

I think transforming metal gear from spying stealth game to action game is like making DMC a FPS game.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Honestly I myself didn't see the same character from MGS4 , this raiden take everything easy , looks like he is having fun slicing cyborgs , in one word "badA$$".
Raiden in MGS4 had a great unique personality that makes you feel that he has a heart , he has feelings , you can see sorrow in his eyes , there was allot of emotional moments back in MGS4 that makes you feel sorry for him.

and you know what . . . after all i can see your point , MGS or MG never had over the top action like what we saw in the trailer and even if they want to make it as hack n slash game it shouldn't be over the top action game.

I think transforming metal gear from spying stealth game to action game is like making DMC a FPS game.

Just sort of seemed like they have stripped back everything that made the series unique and what drew fans in, in the first place and cranked up the action instead. If they can craft it into a fun game and the idea itself works and draws in a new set of fans then fine but its going to split the fanbase its already got. Just seems like a really strange design direction to head in and just wondering if it will be a successful one. As I really like the look of the new cutting system they are pushing so much, however its a new idea and basing a whole game around a new system is risky. If it really works well and the system is solid it could start a new trend in sword combat for games, if not then it will feel like a shallow system that gets old fast.

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
They are not transforming the series. It's a spinoff. That's why it's called Metal Gear Rising, not solid.
MGS 5 is coming. Saw new screenshots from "Project Ogre"? From the design of soldier and tank I can surely say it's MGS.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
They are not transforming the series. It's a spinoff. That's why it's called Metal Gear Rising, not solid.
MGS 5 is coming. Saw new screenshots from "Project Ogre"? From the design of soldier and tank I can surely say it's MGS.
I think Kojima said Project Ogre is not a metal gear game and it's a new game.
I will post the interview as soon as i find it

Teimurazor

Peregrine Falcon
I think Kojima said Project Ogre is not a metal gear game and it's a new game.
I will post the interview as soon as i find it
I can't find the screenshot, but I think if you played MGS PW, you will easily notice similarities in vehicle and clothing design

ZeroLove

I can't wait for this game! Raiden is so awesome, I love me some cyborg ninja emo goodness. ;D
I'm glad Platinum Games took over and made the game to what it is today. I recently saw a short documentary about how the team struggled to make this game come true, but they were determined not to cancel it, and then Platinum Games swooped in and saved the day. I think it's good, because the only good game Platinum Games have made is Bayonetta and people still see it as a Devil May Cry rip-off, so it's nice to see they get their hands on a game so popular as Metal Gear so they can make a name for themselves.

It's kinda the same with Ninja Theory and the new Devil May Cry, huh?

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
I can't find the screenshot, but I think if you played MGS PW, you will easily notice similarities in vehicle and clothing design

hideo-kojima-describes-project-ogre-as-open-world.jpg

I don't know , hes said it's not a MGS game
It's kinda the same with Ninja Theory and the new Devil May Cry, huh?
I think NT had a good game called Heavenly sword you probably know it . It was and still one of the best games on PS3
they can make another part of it and I'm sure it will make them famous.

Top Bottom