• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance OMG! Trailer

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
Hello everyone

you must heard of Metal gear solid rising before , the developers of the game couldn't give the game what they have in mind and they failed to develop the game , and it was about to get canceled BUT Platinum Games took the game and made it COOOOOLER than what we've seen before in the previous trailers "the slicing one".
They released a trailer at VGAs and it's AWESOME

Watch the trailer and tell me what you think

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
let me level with u guy's on what i think of this game.
Electrical engineering= pretty smart
General relativity= pretty fuc*ing smart
Metal gear rising made by Platinum Games= FUC*ING GENIUSSSSSSSSSS :D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I hope they keep in the precision cutting element that the original Rising had. Even if they don't, this game has my buy.

Also lol @ all the fans who are getting upset over the name change. The game was going to be a hack-n-slash anyway, so they're getting upset over nothing.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
I hope they keep in the precision cutting element that the original Rising had. Even if they don't, this game has my buy.

Also lol @ all the fans who are getting upset over the name change. The game was going to be a hack-n-slash anyway, so they're getting upset over nothing.
yeah i think this is gonna be one of the best hack and slash of the year.and i hope the keep the precision cutting that was so GENIUS

Nicholas Vrakepedes

This looks awesome.

But does anyone find it a bit sad that a "Metal Gear" game actually seems way more actiony then the upcoming Devil May Cry?

Demon619

Deadman walking
Damn...thank god I decided to get a PS3 soon, seeing this just makes even happyer that I'm getting one now.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It looks great but i do have concerns about the story as MGS was known for great storytelling which platinum is not.
But i will given them the benefit of the doubt as the executve writer in the credits is from kojima productions.
Plus it seems every one else is learning from capcom's mistakes as this move was a good idea on Kojima's part.

it does have a metal gear feel in some of the subject matter, tho. And the quotes on samurai's swords feels kojima-ish.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
for all those who upset from this game and said that Kojima screwed up MGS series , it's not "Solid" so it's a brand new game that doesn't have anything related to the previous MGS games.
so calm down

This looks awesome.

But does anyone find it a bit sad that a "Metal Gear" game actually seems way more actiony then the upcoming Devil May Cry?
yes it is :(

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I love how everyone thinks PG is screwing it up by "making it a hack n slash" when that was the original project's point anyway.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
I love how everyone thinks PG is screwing it up by "making it a hack n slash" when that was the original project's point anyway.

Honestly it looks wwwwwaaaaaayyyyy better than the "SOLID RISING" one , did you notice that raiden was a little bit slow in the "SOLID" one ? I didn't feel the role of ninja in it.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I remember playing a Metal Gear Solid game for a bit. Even though i never took interest i loved the gameplay.
For all those of you thinking they ruined the serie.

Snake is still there and Snake does not have blonde hair all of sudden. He got old - a natural change. Unlike DmC...

Dark Drakan

Admin
for all those who upset from this game and said that Kojima screwed up MGS series , it's not "Solid" so it's a brand new game that doesn't have anything related to the previous MGS games.
so calm down

yes it is :(

I can understand why people are upset on one hand I guess as Metal Gear Solid series was all about stealth (Tactical Espionage Action) and this is merely a hack and slash. Its not meant to be part of the Metal Gear Solid series but it has Metal Gear in its name so its still going to be associated with it. However the game is nothing like the past games and some people may purchase the game 'blind' and expect something its not. IGN had an interesting point of view on it here.

Main first point being:

IGN

Rising could easily be a great game. It certainly has the right developer supporting an appropriate vision. But that's actually beside the point. What was once a relatively grounded, sane series concept, one that felt like it could somehow be real, is now sliding into a bizarre, cartoonish realm so far removed from the world we know that it completely lacks relatable elements. That Rising technically omits the word "Solid" from its title, and therefore might not be in continuity, is irrelevant. The game's concept and gameplay are what will damage the brand. In Kojima's own words, Rising was meant to be "stupid and thoughtless" fun.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
I can understand why people are upset on one hand I guess as Metal Gear Solid series was all about stealth (Tactical Espionage Action) and this is merely a hack and slash. Its not meant to be part of the Metal Gear Solid series but it has Metal Gear in its name so its still going to be associated with it. However the game is nothing like the past games and some people may purchase the game 'blind' and expect something its not. IGN had an interesting point of view on it here.

Main first point being:

IGN

Rising could easily be a great game. It certainly has the right developer supporting an appropriate vision. But that's actually beside the point. What was once a relatively grounded, sane series concept, one that felt like it could somehow be real, is now sliding into a bizarre, cartoonish realm so far removed from the world we know that it completely lacks relatable elements. That Rising technically omits the word "Solid" from its title, and therefore might not be in continuity, is irrelevant. The game's concept and gameplay are what will damage the brand. In Kojima's own words, Rising was meant to be "stupid and thoughtless" fun.

Kojima him self admits it, it wasn't a good game before PG takes the development thing
btw , when the hardcore fans saw the E3 10 trailer did they like the game when they saw raiden as the min character ? if they did then how did they imagine the gameplay will look like ? stealth ? raiden never back stabs even in MGS4 so it should be the way PG developed.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Kojima him self admits it, it wasn't a good game before PG takes the development thing
btw , when the hardcore fans saw the E3 10 trailer did they like the game when they saw raiden as the min character ? if they did then how did they imagine the gameplay will look like ? stealth ? raiden never back stabs even in MGS4 so it should be the way PG developed.

He wasnt that much different from Solid Snake in MGS 2 and was just faster and more agile. Overall game mechanics were exactly the same, I understand he transformed a lot from that to the Raiden in MGS 4 but for the entire game to change because of the evolution of a character didnt sit right. As IGN said again (and I see where they are coming from in a way):

The character as he appeared in Metal Gear Solid 4 was certainly cool, but only as a part of the supporting cast. He was interesting because suddenly he wasn't the annoying, false substitute for Snake that he was in Metal Gear Solid 2. He wasn't an irritating failure, in other words. This trailer further removes him from being a relatable lead character. It continues to push the franchise in a direction unlike anything that made it brilliant in the first place. Raiden has now, for all intents and purposes, become a superhero capable of handling the mighty Metal Gear machines with one hand.

Think about that for a second. In this trailer, we see Raiden flip a Ray over his head with one hand. Spectacle aside, consider what that means for the franchise. Snake's battles with the Metal Gears always stand as the climax of every Metal Gear game. They are the payoff, the incredible battle that gamers anticipate from minute one. They are in many respects the ultimate boss character, larger-than-life and of immense challenge.

And Raiden is tossing the hulking beast as if it was a stuffed animal that belongs in the trash.

Granted I cant claim to be the biggest Metal Gear fan having only played the first, second and third but didnt get into the third properly (friend had it for months and I forgot to get it back). Didnt play MGS 4 so dont know all that much about it but it seems a hell of a change from Raiden in MGS 2 who everyone seemed to hate to the one seen in this. Snake merely aged whereas Raiden was transformed into some superhero like character.

Dont get me wrong I think the game looks cool and everything and im interested to see how it ends up as im looking to purchase it. However still seems an odd choice to take the game in this direction, spin off or not.

Top Bottom