• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mega64 Was BLOCKED By Hideki Kamiya

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
So, did I...

The guy blocks people for reasons that are trivial. He's such a ****ing troll. I mean it. I don't care if you are a good developer - treat people how you'd like to be treated.

Goldsickle

So, did I...

The guy blocks people for reasons that are trivial. He's such a ****ing troll. I mean it. I don't care if you are a good developer - treat people how you'd like to be treated.
What did he block you for...?
Because you spoke in English?

Goldsickle

Oh.
Probably he got tired of all the people talking to him about Devil May Cry, since he's not responsible for the series anymore.
There are those who immediately snap at a repeated, recurring message that they find annoying.
And there are those who keeps getting the same messages over and over again but responds in a way to consider that the commenter isn't aware that they're repeating what several others have said before.

I try to be the latter, politely telling people I don't take free requests or art trades no matter how many times I say "no" out loud but we can't expect everyone to be that patient.

DarkSlayerVergil

Oh.
Probably he got tired of all the people talking to him about Devil May Cry, since he's not responsible for the series anymore.
There are those who immediately snap at a repeated, recurring message that they find annoying.
And there are those who keeps getting the same messages over and over again but responds in a way to consider that the commenter isn't aware that they're repeating what several others have said before.

I try to be the latter, politely telling people I don't take free requests or art trades no matter how many times I say "no" out loud but we can't expect everyone to be that patient.
That plus after the horrid Dante V Bayonetta fight people flooded his twitter asking him about it. I kinda don't blame him for blocking people tbh.

berto

I Saw the Devil
You know, none of this really matters since if the W101 tweet goal is met he is going to unblock everyone.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
While DMC1 Dante is still my favorite iteration of the character, honestly I think Kamiya is just butthurt that the new Dante is better received, especially after 5.

Granted, I'd be upset too, but... You gotta learn to let those grudges go, man. They're really not healthy for you.

DarkSlayerVergil

While DMC1 Dante is still my favorite iteration of the character, honestly I think Kamiya is just butthurt that the new Dante is better received, especially after 5.

Granted, I'd be upset too, but... You gotta learn to let those grudges go, man. They're really not healthy for you.
What made you assume he was butthurt also how was Dante any better recieved in later games compared to DMC1?

berto

I Saw the Devil
j3j2tto9wyn11.jpg

I'm not really getting that vibe from the man.

I think he's more concerned with getting the chance to work on the series again rather than the reception to the different portrayals of Dante.

Anyway, it's the man's personal twitter. He should be able to do with it whatever he wants, no different from you or I. Why does he have to be held to a different standard just because he makes games?

Last edited:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I should apologize for my previous post, I was incredibly tired (on the cusp of going to bed) when I wrote it, and reading it now I feel like I didn't even write it. It's like someone hacked my account for one post. lol

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
how was Dante any better recieved in later games compared to DMC1?

It's common knowledge that DMC3 Dante is the most liked version of the character to date within the fandom. One of the reasons why DMC3 as a whole is the most loved game as well.

But I don't think Kamiya is butthurt about it. DMC1 Dante is still very much liked by fans on his own right as well as the game itself. I think it's just his character, just the way the dude is. Obnoxious as all hell if you ask me, especially since he feels compelled to announce his blocks as if anyone but the blocked person is supposed to give a damn. But whatever, I don't think it's got anything to do with how he feels towards post-DMC1 Dante. Heck, he's said multiple times that he actually likes Itsuno's Dante and his games.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
So, apparently this is all part of the W101 Kickstarter campaign. If this video gets 14k likes it moves to the next goal and if all goals are met Kamiya twitter blocks will be destroyed and everyone will be unblocked.

de4fb89face069731b5c4eddc57f688e_original.png

Goldsickle

Hideki Kamiya gets his revenge on the Mega64 group in this sequel (also, some behind-the-scenes footage of the previous video).

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, the goal was met and Kamiya's blocks were destroyed. He has unblocked everyone.

2b0aba5927cc37c14ca359aac7d5b216_original.png

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Huh? What did Capcom do?
tumblr_p5v1qvQs0R1rqz9syo9_r1_400.gif

Ask yourself this instead:

Why would Kamiya block anyone for talking about Capcom?

Would anyone have a legitimate reason to complain about Capcom to begin with?

Why silence them, unless they had points that both he and Capcom refuse to address?

Why bother defending a faceless corporation who only sees you as just another wallet?

Top Bottom