• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Maybe this is why

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
But, of course.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was riding a motorcycle similarly to Trish's during that stage.

I think it's from his teenage years,when he was going through the punk phase.

He looks tough as hell near his old-school mom,something like : "Here's your food honey and don't forget to rebel today against the society"
"I packed two bento boxes and a can of graffiti. You can only go to the rally if your grades remain consistent and you're back by 7."

Last edited by a moderator:

Viper

Premium
... Who poses in a punk rocker outfit with their mom?? :cautious:

Doesn't it, though??

Wow... he tries too hard. -_-
Why shouldn't he pose with his mom just because he was part of a certain subculture? It goes to show he loves and respects his mom, and his mom does the same for him.
He might have tried too hard, but show me a teenager that didn't. It's part of defining oneself and stepping away from the image of a child following what it's parents tell it.

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
one of the many reasons why "kamiya" and "westaboo" appear together so often in my posts

That's... old. That photo was posted on the P*'s official page years ago. I'm surprised people are getting to it now. That's him and his wife back when they were young.

Really? This is quite the paradox :D I thought it was his mom,even so,the difference between them is striking
I found it while scrolling through Tumblr some weeks ago.

Some didn't know,but it's still funny to see it again.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Wife?But she seems a lot older than him! Mommy issues too much?!

berto

I Saw the Devil
Maybe it is his mother. I saw a picture of the two recently and his wife is pretty young looking these days.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
''... Who poses in a punk rocker outfit with their mom?? :cautious:''

''HA, what a dork.''

- ''And a tryhard. Don't forget that. :D''

Apparently that's his wife. And to answer your question: someone who is proud of who he is or what he likes. Who isn't afraid of being judged for what he wears. Or maybe someone with a sense of humor, that is, if he was trying to be funny by contrasting his clothing with his wife's. I guess it also shows his wife's respect for what he wants to wear.
It's typical, two people who professed their hate for Kamiya in the past, seeking out threads about Kamiya to hate on him more. And in this case, all because you don't like his style from ages ago? Or because you don't like that he had a youth, and wore what he wanted to wear? That's pretty shallow of you.

''A young Hideki Kamiya, the creator of Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, and Bayonetta (via Derek)
i understand now.
OMG,that’s why there is Dante and Bayonetta,ok.''

I don't get this, though. ''That's why there is Dante and Bayonetta?'' What, because he wore (and liked) punk clothing in the past? I mean, Old Dante didn't even have a punk style, or only barely. If anything, DMC1 Dante is kind of gothic, and DMC3 Dante is a weird alteration of that, with maybe some *very slight* metal influences. Bayonetta doesn't have a punk style either: she wears leather, but that's pretty much it.

Last edited:

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Em...actually it's not punk outfit. At the time foto was made, it was mainly clothes of rockers and bikers. (so that is why motorbikes in both bayo and dmc)
Hmm, maybe you're right. I mean, punk clothing often goes against everything that's considered 'acceptable'. It often looks pretty unusual or at least unorthodox - sort of chaotic, usually. All Kamiya is wearing in that picture is a leather jacket and leather gloves, though they do have the British flag on them. So maybe that flag is what gave that impression. I don't see any reason for him to have the British flag on his gloves, but maybe he just identified with British culture as well as with his own Japanese culture.
Still don't see how that picture shows why Dante and Bayonetta 'are the way they are', though. Like you said, it explains the motorcycles, I guess.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Hmm, maybe you're right. I mean, punk clothing often goes against everything that's considered 'acceptable'. It often looks pretty unusual or at least unorthodox - sort of chaotic, usually. All Kamiya is wearing in that picture is a leather jacket and leather gloves, though they do have the British flag on them. So maybe that flag is what gave that impression. I don't see any reason for him to have the British flag on his gloves, but maybe he just identified with British culture as well as with his own Japanese culture.
Still don't see how that picture shows why Dante and Bayonetta 'are the way they are', though. Like you said, it explains the motorcycles, I guess.
Cant really say about glove, but his jacket is pretty plain and without badges, so he looks rather like fan of metal / biker /rocker than punk.

Top Bottom