• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Max Payne 3 Review Roundup

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

I still remember the first time I played Max Payne back in 2001, it was the best game I had played! The noir atmosphere, mature storyline, graphic novel style cut scenes and introduction of bullet time! So, I was very worried about Max Payne 3 when they first published the game screens, he was in sun-kissed streets of Brazil and Max was completely bald and fat! I was very skeptical about the game BUT when I finally bought this game yesterday, I was mind blown!! The control are smooth, graphics is great, gun physics are real and story so far is going great!! Most part of the gameplay is basically cover and pin point shoot. Bullet time is awesome, you can control the final kill cam - watch as your bullets tear apart the enemy! Painkillers are there. Collecting parts to get Golden gun is quite fun. Overall the best action game released so far!!! Also, one thing I learned from playing Max Payne 3 is never judge a game from its screen, play yourself and be the judge! That's why I am ready to take my chances in DmC :)
that is very much true!!! *bows*

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

Yup yup very nice review HailTheKing & darkdeamon92/dmc3/ & yes your impressions Dark Drakan counts very much to :)
Like i said All of you are playing to find enjoyment out of it & not playing to review it, your getting into the game & not just looking at the surface. :)
Is MaxPayne3 as mature as the first MaxPayne or has it been toned down on language, violence & so-on?
Does it still have that same atmosphere to it.
yeah definitely the same atmosphere!! nothing is toned down its more up hehe....it really is an amazing game...

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

That's awesome, keeping the same tone & atmosphere just improving on it.
I'd love to try a demo.
Ok now are you interested in Hitman: Absolution.
ohhhh yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes hell yeahh im very much waiting for it....its looking gr8....I cant wait to lay my hands on agent 47 to make absolute destruction :D hehe

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
That's awesome, keeping the same tone & atmosphere just improving on it.
I'd love to try a demo.

Hitman is also one of the best game I've played, the Silent Assassin, Agent 47 is simply badass! My Personal favourite was Hitman 2! Contracts was basically Hitman 1 missions and Blood Money was OK but not that great!! From what I've seen from the released gameplay clip, Absolution's gameplay seems quite linear. In all of the previous Hitman titles, it was upto the players how to kill the target and get that Silent Assassin rank, but well I may be wrong, once again! So, I am really excited to try Absolution.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Is MaxPayne3 as mature as the first MaxPayne or has it been toned down on language, violence & so-on?
Does it still have that same atmosphere to it.

Cutscene style is different to the original but the scanlined style with the popup storyboard quotes are still there in them and the atmosphere is very gritty and dark. It obviously starts in a sunny setting and everything seems graphically brighter than the original but its a change from seeing browns in every game. The tone starts dark and remains dark and once I get away from the sunny setting it starts out in I believe it goes more towards the originals settings.

The violence is very mature as is the language and nothing has been toned down there, if anything it looks more violent with the graphical improvements and seeing brains exploding out of heads etc in controllable slow mo glory.

Much like Max Payne 3 id not owned any of the previous Max Payne games, same thing with Hitman. Ive never owned any other Hitman game but im very interested in Absolution.

lol Cool.
So now that you have it Dark Drakan, darkdeamon92/dmc3, HailTheKing, are you rushing for downloadable content release ?

I havent even got very far in the game but yeah im already interested how Rockstar will mix it up with DLC and the co-op pack they are working on.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Very cool, i love asking nerdy questions & getting a gamers point of view lol. That's why i would be in EB games for hours holding one game lol.
Are the weapons upgradable ? larger clips more damage etc.
Without revealing any weapons are they unlockable or cool weapons to be found ?

The weapons are as you find them in single player as you can carry up to two single handed weapons that can be mixed for dual-wielding, and one two-handed weapon the rest are gained from enemies but you can find parts to 'Golden' versions of the guns. Can only carry 3 weapons at once. Once you find the 3 parts to a golden gun you unlock it. Each golden gun has increased weapon's damage by 10%, and has an increased ammo capacity per clip. You can customise guns and your clothing/armour and unlock extras in multiplayer though.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

Ok cool, so it's whatever any enemy has you can acquire & use.
Is there a melee attack if your out of ammo or do you have that 1hand with infinite ammo ?
no theres no melee attack but if u move really close and you fire....then he does like a combo and gets his gun and use it against him :)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ok cool, so it's whatever any enemy has you can acquire & use.
Is there a melee attack if your out of ammo or do you have that 1hand with infinite ammo ?

You can pick-up ammo and weapons off any enemy because ammo is rare on some guns.

no theres no melee attack but if u move really close and you fire....then he does like a combo and gets his gun and use it against him :)

He does melee actually if you get close with something like a shotgun, I did it yesterday by accident. But yeah he also does execution kills if you have ammo in the gun and your up close as well as stealth takedowns if enemy hasnt spotted you.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

i just finished it just now :D and all i can say is WOWW from start to finish.....now that is one hell of a game :) btw max plays the piano hehe who knew....:D

Dark Drakan

Admin
Nice to see they are taking a hardline on the cheaters, havent managed to play the game for a while (moving house) so havent tried Multiplayer yet.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I'd help you move but i'm allergic to moving furniture lol.
Anyway this is another reason i dislike the play leveling system in MP. I know people can cheat in any game but level building i think is hard to tell if they've cheated to get that rank or not.
One of my friends told me they have a group of friends that steals rank in COD, getting all abilities weapons or whatever early.

Usually its easier to tell if someone has cheated if there is a levelling system and points leaderboard because they can work out overall XP earned and compare that to their level and if it doesnt tally up then they have cheated. Or if they have used an ability that they shouldnt have access to at their level/XP count. Plus the fact some people are morons and hack their XP etc to stupid numbers like 99,999.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Pay, really ?
That's just sad.
Why buy the game if you can't do it yourself.
I mean cheating where your invulnerable or you've skips ranks completely removes the fun & challenge for me.
That's another reason i don't like leveling in MP, how challenging is it to fight lower levels.

Just people who like shiny badges and ranks next to their name which is greater than their commitment of play as they think it makes other people look at them like they are skilled. Then you play against one of them and they are terrible and lose all the time then you realise they couldnt possibly have unlocked some of the accolades it says they have got in their profiles.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Kinda sad then.
Needed ranking or badges to show your worth in a game, kinda like trophies & achievements.
I'd rather depend on actual gaming skill & earn everything on my own.

Some achievements do require skill, its the people that believe a higher gamerscore makes you a more skilled gamer. I mean someone may have a gamerscore of 1000 but have got there getting some really tough achievements or someone could have a score of 40,000 but have gotten it racking up hundreds of easy achievements.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yes that's why i said kinda like trophies. While some give trophies for beating the first chapter others can be tougher to get

And i've heard that so much. I'm level 60 so YEA THAT's MEAN I'M BETTER THEN YOU!
And i always think, NOOOOOO that just means he has more of a life then you.
I wonder is that part of the reason MPs like MaxPayne3 & others have a leveling system, for bragging rights.
That level 60 badge that says your better. Such nonsense, i find it more fun when everyone has access to everything in MPs. Then there's no excuses, just skill.

Most games dont use the levelling as a way to show someone is better or has played the game more. Its more as something to work towards and unlock things as a way of rewarding you for putting your time and effort into playing a game a lot.

Top Bottom