• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MAJOR SPOILERS! ENDING SHOWN HERE

Azurel

My game of the year was The Walking Dead, such a beautiful game.

I heard it follows the Persona 4 model in the sense that it "shapes the world around you through your choices". Not my words, just passing along what I've already read in a P4 Golden review... can't remember where, though.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Shouldn't you be off on a youtube thread somewhere?? Why not mind your own business before telling me what I should and shouldn't like. I never said it was better, I just said it was the most suited to my own personal tastes.
Didn't say you shouldn't like it. Just that maybe you should actually play it before making it your game of the year.

You should calm down, overreacting isn't good for your health.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
What? From what I've seen, Vergil is plenty proficient in combat.

But we don't see him fight anybody but Dante, and in that fight, he gets his clock cleaned. In all the battles with Vergil present, Vergil let Dante do all the wetwork. Not saying he's weak, no doubt his stuff was saved for the DLC like Sieghart said, but he didn't provide a showing anywhere near Dante's level in the main game, and I was disappointed, since I was hoping for one moment where Vergil would do something so sick that Dante would be left standing there with his mouth open. You know, show the newbie how it's done.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
But we don't see him fight anybody but Dante, and in that fight, he gets his clock cleaned. In all the battles with Vergil present, Vergil let Dante do all the wetwork. Not saying he's weak, no doubt his stuff was saved for the DLC like Sieghart said, but he didn't provide a showing anywhere near Dante's level in the main game, and I was disappointed, since I was hoping for one moment where Vergil would do something so sick that Dante would be left standing there with his mouth open. You know, show the newbie how it's done.
Vergil has Dante do all the dirty work because he does not want Mundus to know about him. Also, Vergil said he loved Dante. He could have been holding back.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
Vergil has Dante do all the dirty work because he does not want Mundus to know about him. Also, Vergil said he loved Dante. He could have been holding back.

True for most of the game, but Mundus knew everything in the final battle, and Dante was still doing the heavy lifting. Vergil didn't even use his trigger. I do like to think he was holding back against Dante in the end, but what was stopping him with Mundus? ...besides that one part where he was, uh, busy.

Remember when you could use Vergil to help in the Arkham fight? That's what I was expecting, only cooler.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
True for most of the game, but Mundus knew everything in the final battle, and Dante was still doing the heavy lifting. Vergil didn't even use his trigger. I do like to think he was holding back against Dante in the end, but what was stopping him with Mundus? ...besides that one part where he was, uh, busy.

Remember when you could use Vergil to help in the Arkham fight? That's what I was expecting, only cooler.
Tell me this. What could Vergil's doppelganger even do? Throw more summoned swords that have little to no effect against Mundus? It's clear that his doppelganger is weaker than his true self and I doubt that it could do what Dante could.

Azurel

Didn't say you shouldn't like it. Just that maybe you should actually play it before making it your game of the year.

You should calm down, overreacting isn't good for your health.

Fine. Still not gonna like it any less though...

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Tell me this. What could Vergil's doppelganger even do? Throw more summoned swords that have little to no effect against Mundus? It's clear that his doppelganger is weaker than his true self and I doubt that it could do what Dante could.
Has it occured to you he has motherflipperdoodlemopwhacklestanding Yamato, you know, Yamato, the most powerful sword, like, ever?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Citation needed.
I just came up with the most creativeriffic word ever and all you can say is "Citation needed"
son_i_am_disappoint_by_songoharotto-d4uq9e4.png

As for this whole Vergil revealing his evil plan thing, it's probably the ****ing most stupid thing I've ever seen in a video game that wasn't intentionally stupid or a glitch. What happened to power thirsty and evil Vergil? (Okay, they are probably going to introduce him in Vergil's Downfall, I'll give you that)

But Vergil announced his plan like a gay man coming out of the closet. As soon as they disagreed with him, he was like "You don't understand me!", Vergil is supposed to be a cunning mastermind, and should have just ambushed Dante and Kat from behind, but instead flat out tells them his plan.

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
Not to compare or hate but if it was the original Vergil, this Mundus would be dead in a minute!

Vergil: So, this is your true form?
Mundus: What? Sparda has two so-- *rapid yamato slashes*
Vergil: You're not even worthy my opponent!
Dante: Hey c'mon bro, you completely stole my spotlight!
Vergil: *evil smirk*

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I just came up with the most creativeriffic word ever and all you can say is "Citation needed"

As for this whole Vergil revealing his evil plan thing, it's probably the ******* most stupid thing I've ever seen in a video game that wasn't intentionally stupid or a glitch. What happened to power thirsty and evil Vergil? (Okay, they are probably going to introduce him in Vergil's Downfall, I'll give you that)

But Vergil announced his plan like a gay man coming out of the closet. As soon as they disagreed with him, he was like "You don't understand me!", Vergil is supposed to be a cunning mastermind, and should have just ambushed Dante and Kat from behind, but instead flat out tells them his plan.
Okay then. Your creativeriffic word is as awesome as sliced biskits with sammich sprinkles on top and I applaud you for that.

As for your second part, DMC Vergil =/= DmC Vergil. I win.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood

That's my point, Vergil's trigger didn't seem to be as powerful as Dante's. His Doppelganger should have been scarier than a Drekavac, at least.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
That's my point, Vergil's trigger didn't seem to be as powerful as Dante's. His Doppelganger should have been scarier than a Drekavac, at least.
Against a beast like Mundus, his doppelganger is uselss but in a one-on-one match, it's a deadly tool. It can't get any more unfair than 2 versus 1.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
Against a beast like Mundus, his doppelganger is uselss but in a one-on-one match, it's a deadly tool. It can't get any more unfair than 2 versus 1.

But Vergil wouldn't have had to use Doppelganger like a club, he had Dante for that. It would have been perfect for precision strikes while Dante kept Mundus distracted with brutal attacks. Vergil was trying to do just that, actually, but without his trigger, putting his main body at risk to the point that he had to yell to Dante for help. Kinda weird for a guy who has a second body available to make a critical fight 3-on-1.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
But Vergil wouldn't have had to use Doppelganger like a club, he had Dante for that. It would have been perfect for precision strikes while Dante kept Mundus distracted with brutal attacks. Vergil was trying to do just that, actually, but without his trigger, putting his main body at risk to the point that he had to yell to Dante for help. Kinda weird for a guy who has a second body available to make a critical fight 3-on-1.
You do realize Mundus crashed into the room and took them by surprise, right? He needs to stab his sword at the ground to summon his doppelganger and even if he did, what could it have done to save him?

Nekodark

I love how this game has come full circle from end showing how Dante did not care for anything and even pointing his guns at Kat and asking what would happen if he shot at her and not even care about her or anyone else (which I bet if Vergil at that time met Dante and told him his plans for humanity Dante would not care what Vergil does to humans) and Kat saying how she is risking her life and then at the end Dante upset at Vergil and pointing out how much Kat risked to help them.

I really like the two change in values/life view/personality for Dante and can't wait to see it play out fully from the first point to the last one to show his change.

Dante94513

As for this whole Vergil revealing his evil plan thing, it's probably the ******* most stupid thing I've ever seen in a video game that wasn't intentionally stupid or a glitch. What happened to power thirsty and evil Vergil? (Okay, they are probably going to introduce him in Vergil's Downfall, I'll give you that)

It's stupid to ambush them when he wanted Dante to be by his side. His plans were not like Mundus (though close), so offcourse telling them his plan he would think they would understand his point of view. He has a right to say that they don't understand after he said "not like Mundus" and that the world can't protection itself. It's just those words he put like "subjects", not thinking about Kat when they saved the humans only to put her as "useful",etc which cause worries for Dante. Vergil isn't evil to begin with (in fact, we didn't know what his full intentions were in DMC3, and he seemed like a good guy when we let Dante go in DMC1 in the first fight), and we have to wait for Vergil's Downfall to see if he'll be power hungry. But Really? The stupidest thing you've seen a videogame. REALLY?

Top Bottom