• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MAJOR SPOILERS! ENDING SHOWN HERE

Martius

SSSmokin!
He's honorable only as a fighter but not as a person.
I just said that in DMC3 Vergil took his lost fight with Dante with honor, i never said all of his action or whole character act with honor all time.

About ending, its just looks bland to me. One quote from "Watchmen" movie: "I'm not a comic book villain. Do you seriously think I would explain my master stroke to you if there were even the slightest possibility you could affect the outcome?"
"Vergil" act totaly like stereotypical comic book villain. He revals how he used order and Dante in defating Mundus just to take his place as ruler. Wouldnt it be more interesting, if he was doing that in smarter way? In one cutscene he say that war is fought with deception. Why no go with more in that way? He could say that he need "Dante" help to protect humans from anyone like Mundus, to help them improve, get stronger, use their power for harmony. Of course he still want to rule over humans, but he is not saying that, hiding his true motive. Wouldnt that convice "Dante" and Kat to help him? But no, we instead have cliffhanger "Oh my back, i will be back!"
About Kat, jeeez, its so much to ask for some reaction? She just hear that she and whole order was used and now they are not important because "Vergil" know better than humans what they need. Begging for "Vergil" life, he must trained her good since she so loyal after that.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I just said that in DMC3 Vergil took his lost fight with Dante with honor, i never said all of his action or whole character act with honor all time.

About ending, its just looks bland to me. One quote from "Watchmen" movie: "I'm not a comic book villain. Do you seriously think I would explain my master stroke to you if there were even the slightest possibility you could affect the outcome?"
"Vergil" act totaly like stereotypical comic book villain. He revals how he used order and Dante in defating Mundus just to take his place as ruler. Wouldnt it be more interesting, if he was doing that in smarter way? In one cutscene he say that war is fought with deception. Why no go with more in that way? He could say that he need "Dante" help to protect humans from anyone like Mundus, to help them improve, get stronger, use their power for harmony.

That WAS what he wanted to do. he just had a different sense of doing it that could have threatened the world.

Of course he still want to rule over humans, but he is not saying that, hiding his true motive. Wouldnt that convice "Dante" and Kat to help him? But no, we instead have cliffhanger "Oh my back, i will be back!"
About Kat, jeeez, its so much to ask for some reaction?

How could you see her reaction with a low quality camera? How could you see half of any of their expressions with a low quality camera?:/

She just hear that she and whole order was used and now they are not important because "Vergil" know better than humans what they need. Begging for "Vergil" life, he must trained her good since she so loyal after that.

She didn't really do it because of Vergil. She did it so Dante didn't kill his own brother in cold blood.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
One quote from "Watchmen" movie: "I'm not a comic book villain. Do you seriously think I would explain my master stroke to you if there were even the slightest possibility you could affect the outcome?"

Exactly. It seems like the whole purpose of Vergil coming right out and admitting his nefarious plans for no reason was so they could crowbar in the final fight between him and Dante, but it makes no sense for a character like Vergil, who knew better than to confront his opponent directly for all the years he dealt with Mundus. He knows Dante cares about humans and Kat more than Vergil does, he knows the Dante's power matches his now, so he had to have known Dante might take exception to his plans and try to thwart them. So it's bizarre that he would put himself in that position, when he could have just walked away and started organizing his rule quietly while Dante and Kat were busy boinking.

There's still the possibility that Vergil is smarter than we think, that he planned to confront Dante and be "defeated" so he could have an excuse to go off and do...whatever it is he's doing in his DLC. And come back hard. But risking Dante straight murdering him seems like a poor plan.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
The ACTING is what really disappointed me, say what you want about Tim Phillips being a REAL actor, but he sure as hell doesn't voice act good, when I played the original, not only could you tell Reuben was DEDICATED to the role, but you could tell he was having a blast doing it.

And really, Vergil's motives disappointed me like many of you

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Exactly. It seems like the whole purpose of Vergil coming right out and admitting his nefarious plans for no reason was so they could crowbar in the final fight between him and Dante, but it makes no sense for a character like Vergil, who knew better than to confront his opponent directly for all the years he dealt with Mundus. He knows Dante cares about humans and Kat more than Vergil does, he knows the Dante's power matches his now, so he had to have known Dante might take exception to his plans and try to thwart them. So it's bizarre that he would put himself in that position, when he could have just walked away and started organizing his rule quietly while Dante and Kat were busy boinking.

Boinking? I hope you mean killing demons.:ermm:

Also, new Vergil comes off to me as a selfish guy. He doesn't take other people's feelings into consideration and just naturally thought Dante wanted to save humanity his way. Though I wonder if there was some sort of discussion between them before to give it closure.

There's still the possibility that Vergil is smarter than we think, that he planned to confront Dante and be "defeated" so he could have an excuse to go off and do...whatever it is he's doing in his DLC. And come back hard. But risking Dante straight murdering him seems like a poor plan.

Well if I had this big ass plan to take over the world after killing the evil being that ruled over it, I wouldn't tell anyone about it until the right time when its beneficial.

Martius

SSSmokin!
Too bad he didnt no used diffrent words. For me it looks like he used order, told them they are fighting against demon to defeat tyrany just to become next tyran in last moment. For all that hassle with reboot, theoretically great NT wirting skills we just got cliffhanger for dlc or/and sequel and basic same as eariler, "Dante" beign good twin, while "Vergil" is evil one. I am not impressed with that.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Not to mention, this was supposed to be the epic story that replaced DMC. srsly Capcom? Srsly?

Oh you find it disappointing ? i was waiting for disney logo to pop up

"Two brothers united giving a dramatic pose"
disney_logo.gif

EvilX-81

As much as I'd like to think Vergil was pulling a Xanatos Gambit, I think he really did believe that Dante would work with him in ruling the humans. Vergil does have an interesting point of view; his definition of "ruling" included protecting the humans, and he didn't define his rule as being anything like Mundus's. It's abit up in the air if Vergil would be prick dictator or a sort of king of human freedom. Or Good Cole vs Evil Cole.

Probably leaning somewhat towards prick dictator though, if that line about "sacrificing yourself for a GIRL? WTF!" means anything.

Dante94513

Complete stream of the game ( full) here:

http://www.own3d.tv/KennethBR/live/312987

I know I shouldn't watch this and that I shouldn't judge someone gameplay (though I've done it a lot recently just because the player plays differently from other good gamers (including me). But my god is this gameplay repetitive. He/she keeps doing the same move from Arbiter, and he/she keeps fooling around which is why he/she keeps getting hit so much. It's quite unbearable to watch.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
now i havent seen the ending yet. but from what i can gather the demon world is now integerated with the human world. (dont bother correcting me if im wrong) now this works PERFECTLY. in previous DMC games we were never told how demons worked, at times they were obscure legends that few beleived, then they were so common there was an entire religon around killing them.

now in DmC demons are an established fact. but they are (hopefully) rare or unobserved in their deeds. like a natural disaster. you cant stop them only pray youre not in their way. as such it would make sense for Dante to make a business of sorts aimed at combatting demons :D

ZeroLove

I'm sad to hear Vergil won't be playable in Bloody Palace... but that DMC3 Dante costume in the top right corner... That makes me happy! I might have missed it, but does anyone know how to unlock it? Or will it be DLC? And how do you obtain the other costumes?

Xamalo Noel

Ha, the world once again rest his head on my shoulder, the video don't work for me!! I feel like it was a punishment for my weakness, and now, I stand here, with curiosity floating in my head(and on mars)!:lol:

Top Bottom