• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lupin III

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Lupin_III_logo_giapponese.png

A thread to discuss the Japanese manga and anime series featuring the descendant of the gentleman thief Arsene Lupin, Lupin III! Created by Monkey Punch (real name Professor Kazuhiko Katou), the franchise has become an international sensation.

The series has just recently finished it's latest TV anime, "Lupin III: The Italian Adventure" which can be watched legally on Crunchyroll and also has a new manga being serialised called "Lupin III T"!

So I want to hear how you got into the franchise. Whether you prefer any particular aspect over the others (TV, movies, manga) or any thing you want to about this great series.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I remember I used to come back from from school and there was always Lupin on TV. However I never liked it. Not my cup of tea.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I'm so jealous that you actually had Lupin III on TV.

I'm pretty sure that it never aired over here. I only knew about it because my Japanese teacher introduced me to the franchise.

Viper

Premium
I've seen Lupin III for the first time in a trailer for Castle Cagliostro many years ago, if I recall correctly it was some cd with anime stuff that came in an italian magazine (before you ask, I didn't buy the magazine, only got the cd through different source). I was interested, but there was no way for me to see it back then.
I pretty much forgot about the franchise until they made a crossover with Detective Conan. Then it was a marathon of watching every movie and series available. Alas, manga is not available to me.

What I like about him the most is the well balanced mix of drama, action and comedy. Not to mention the team is really versatile - a master thief, a mafia-style gunman, a traditional japanese samurai and a femme fatale, it's like they got all bases covered.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I pretty much forgot about the franchise until they made a crossover with Detective Conan.
Ah yes, that was great...especially the fakeout sequel hook "Lupin III vs Kaitou Kid" which they really should make.

I was introduced to the series by my Japanese teacher when he asked me who my favourite fictional character was, I said Arsene Lupin and he started talking about Lupin III and even lent me his copy of Castle of Cagliostro. It's sad that only that movie and "The Woman Named Fujiko Mine" are available to buy in the UK. At least Crunchyroll allows me to watch the latest TV series.

Top Bottom