• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lucifer/Satan - the true enemy

Lucifer/Satan - the king of Hell!

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • We'll see.

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Who wants to see Lucifer/Satan in DmC as the true main antagonist?

I do!

If he was, he'd be the one pulling the strings on his minions. Like Mundus having him control the city's citizens in Limbo and implanting the ideas into Arkham and Sanctus in using demonic and angelic power for their own ends to further his own.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
in DMC4 Lucifer was just a weapon with no backstory so i don't see why DmC would treat him any better. wouldn't Argosax the Chaos make a better man behind the man for DmC since he was supposed to be a big deal in DMC2? promoting a weapon to the main villain makes no sense while promoting the final boss (well technically Despair Embodied was the final boss but it's seems to be part of Argosax so it's basically the same thing) of the in universe chronologically last game into the main villain of an entire series makes a lot of sense.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i'm cool with satan being old and senile like "back in my day, i was the ruler of hell" but beyond that, no

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Who wants to see Lucifer/Satan in DmC as the true main antagonist?

I do!

If he was, he'd be the one pulling the strings on his minions. Like Mundus having him control the city's citizens in Limbo and implanting the ideas into Arkham and Sanctus in using demonic and angelic power for their own ends to further his own.

The only problem is, in the Devil May Cry games, Mundus equals Satan (or God, if you will, since he has an angelic appearance). Sparda represents Jesus (DMC4 - the savior. Made a great sacrifice for humanity.) He's already the highest demon. Although, maybe they could change that in DmC2, since he's only controlled one city (unlike in the DMCs).

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
But Mundus would be a servant of Satan and Sparda begins to follow Jesus Christ.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
But Mundus would be a servant of Satan and Sparda begins to follow Jesus Christ.

"Sparda begins to follow Jesus Christ"? i don't think Sparda would have any reason to pay attention to human religions. DmC Sparda was just interested in 1 angel who probably wasn't exactly popular with the rest of them (having children with the former right hand man of the demon king isn't exactly appropriate angelic behavior) and since Mundus was the most powerful entity in the human world it seems unlikely that there is an omnipotent god behind DmC angels or at least not one that is actively involved in things and it is very unlikely that humans in the DmC universe (who know absolutely nothing about what is going on) would know enough about situations involving actual angels, demons and gods to create an accurate religion.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Silly peoples, how can God and Satan exist when the true religion in the DmC verse is SCIENTOLOGY

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
since Mundus was the most powerful entity in the human world it seems unlikely that there is an omnipotent god behind DmC angels or at least not one that is actively involved in things and it is very unlikely that humans in the DmC universe (who know absolutely nothing about what is going on) would know enough about situations involving actual angels, demons and gods to create an accurate religion.
Maybe not an omnipotent God, but there could be a powerful angel that ascended as their king... A being that creates a sort of angelic counterpart to Mundus.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
DmC's canon states that Sparda was one of the Devil King's as well, meaning he was of the same rank as Mundus. So it's not "everyone under Mundus, the Devil King", it was "these two Devil Kings were buddies and teamed up on everyone else, until Sparda decided the redhead was worth breakin' the bro code."

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Maybe not an omnipotent God, but there could be a powerful angel that ascended as their king... A being that creates a sort of angelic counterpart to Mundus.

that is very likely. but that isn't my point. my point is DmC Sparda probably wouldn't have heard of Jesus and wouldn't have any reason to care if he did.

Meier

Wrong game:

satan.jpg

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I thought Mundus would've been a temporary demon king and Satan was the true demon king.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I thought Mundus would've been a temporary demon king and Satan was the true demon king.
Vergil does explain to Dante that Mundus teams up with Sparda and becomes demon king by basically killing all the opposition and going to war to rise through the demon ranks. It's highly possible that Mundus defeated Satan or a demon like him to become a new demon king.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Vergil does explain to Dante that Mundus teams up with Sparda and becomes demon king by basically killing all the opposition and going to war to rise through the demon ranks. It's highly possible that Mundus defeated Satan or a demon like him to become a new demon king.

I still think Satan is the true demon king. Perhaps Mundus ruling their race was just temporary or something.

Possibly Satan intentionally let Mundus take over the throne as a means to further with his plans in ruling mankind and for Sparda to escape.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Well, the Bible has Lucifer as the King of all demons who wants to rule mankind and overthrow God.

It also has Abaddon, who wants to commit Omnicide (look it up)

Who's the bigger threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom