• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lost Planet

Arwen

Lost Soul
I'm not sure if ths is the right place to put this so I am sorry if it isn't. :$

What everyones opinions on Lost Planet?
I'm thinking of getting the game but I'm not sure if it is any good.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I thought it was average, its got a fairly confusing story and its very cliche (revenge for fathers death) and is basically an all out blaster game. The GFX are very nice and the multiplayer is good but if your after anything with a story that makes sense or a game with variety Lost Planet isnt it as you spend all the game just blasting more or less none stop. Gears Of War is the much much better choice of game.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dalkin;48919 said:
Like halo the multi player part of the game.

Are you asking if its multiplayer is like Halo's? If so then i would have to say no as Halo is a classic First Person Shooter and Lost Planet is a kind of odd feeling 3rd person shooter (feels odd to play after Gears Of War).

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dalkin;48922 said:
Oh, You think they could have done better with the game?

Yeah i do think they could have done better, the controls are kind of weird and the aiming axis just feels awkward. The story is quite poor and underwelming, though GFX/explosions and enemies look great and boss fights are good but you get tired and bored of constant blasting all the way through. The thermal energy system acts like a time limit to continue killing as it wears down after time and to gain more you have to kill things. Soon as thermal energy runs out your health starts to degenerate. This also restricts you from exploring as the levels look vast and gorgeous but you feel scared to venture to far away from the action just incase you run out of thermal energy and thats a real shame.

Arwen

Lost Soul
Maybe Capcom should stick to what they do best scary and puzzle games. Though they seem to be tying to get out of that stereotype that they only do those games.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dalkin;48925 said:
Maybe Capcom should stick to what they do best scary and puzzle games. Though they seem to be tying to get out of that stereotype that they only do those games.

To be honest thats the first thing i thought after playing it for a while. I mean it feels like its quite a good game at first but then gets really repetitive and makes you bore fast.

Arwen

Lost Soul
I agree they are hard to get into really. I find after a few weeks it gets boring. I heard the online section isn't working right as well.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Dalkin;48928 said:
I agree they are hard to get into really. I find after a few weeks it gets boring. I heard the online section isn't working right as well.

Lost Planet looks like it should have some strategy to it (like Gears Of Wars cover system) but they just made it a blast, blast and run and blast some more game which is really tedious in this day and age. Not to sure about the online to be honest i havent played the game for a while properly but i know people who have played it online fine.

Top Bottom