• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Looking back at the TGS 2010 Trailer...

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Not everyone was like that. Sure the majority of DMC fans back then hated it, but I always liked the reveal trailer and supported this reboot from day 1.
I never had a problem with the trailer to begin with. Devil May Cry was finally doing something new and ambition shows you have soul. Having no creative integrity wanting to play it safe with the same stuff you've been dishing out all along to please some ridiculous purist crowd shows you're a sellout. The end result was a good Devil May Cry that gave this franchise pushing 12 years old more potential than it has any right to have. DmC was something that was appreciated because I would rather see the series branch out than stay in a rut that would inevitably die over the years. Video games change just as much as every other medium in the world. If everything stayed the same then Spider-Man and Batman and other comic book superheroes would not still be popular today.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Just something I noticed and immediately recognized :p

I agree, I love the Combichrist soundtrack but the Noisia and wub songs just aren't for me.

I honestly thought the dubstep like songs were meant to be the "mainstream" gender of music, which is considered evil, while the punk rock was the rebel of music genders.

FatDemon

Just like many others have said, It's really sad that the hole Dante might be a crazy maniac idea was dropped out, maybe he could have had these mental breakdowns and go on a rampage and al that stuff. But that voice .... ugh.

Terrutas

Just like many others have said, It's really sad that the hole Dante might be a crazy maniac idea was dropped out, maybe he could have had these mental breakdowns and go on a rampage and al that stuff. But that voice .... ugh.
Maybe that could have been the Devil Trigger mechanic? That would actually be creative.

FatDemon

Maybe that could have been the Devil Trigger mechanic? That would actually be creative.
Yeah. At the beginning of the game he wouldn't know how to control these mental breakdowns, but at the end of the game Dante would realize that this thing is actually his DT. I think it's funny that we still do these theories even after the game was released :))

Terrutas

Yeah. At the beginning of the game he wouldn't know how to control these mental breakdowns, but at the end of the game Dante would realize that this thing is actually his DT. I think it's funny that we still do these theories even after the game was released :))
Doesn't necessarily have to be the end of the game. but that's the idea. ;D

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
To be honest this is wonderful looking back at the past and its nice that we're able to see just how much this game truly developed. I mean the developers must have put a **** load of work into this game, you can see the love that NT worked so hard to put into this game. They listened to fan outcry and made Dante a more enjoyable character to look at, not to mention that many of their original ideas in the TGS trailer still made the cut. I mean that just shows devotion if you think about it, they had this planned out since day one and stuck to their honest concept idea.

Top Bottom