• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

LOOKIN STYLISH: Your Favorite Devil May Cry Costumes

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Across all five games, Devil May Cry has not only been about killing your enemies, but looking good doing it. So of course you'll wanna wear some stylish threads when demon hunting.

What are some of your favorite outfits in the Devil May Cry series? Here are mine.

First up is the original outfit we ever saw Dante wear. His stylish devil hunting uniform he sported in the very first game. It's my favorite.
Dante_transparent.png

Next up would actually be Nero's original outfit from DMC 4. I dig his coat and overall look.
latest

Then, it would be Dante's look from DmC: Devil May Cry. I just absolutely adore that coat. With the hood, and black leather with red lining. It looks pretty badass.
latest

I also dig the Crow outfit from DmC, being a fan of the Crow I thought that was a really cool addition to the game.

Another look I particularly like is Vergil's look in DmC. I never thought is original look was all that cool, but his look in the latest game was pretty slick. I like the colors black and blue together. Just keep the hat away lol.
latest

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Watch how this is gonna turn into a thread where people are gonna bash the stuff they DON'T like, even with the smallest comment.

Anyway, my absolute favorite is Corrupt Vergil.

latest

The Victorian-ish design, coupled with Vergil's pale skin and dark lines on his face, really convey a regal figure and a cursed soul at the same time.

Second place goes to DMC2 Dante.

latest

It's just so slick and cool. A relatively simple design, but comes off really badass.

Third, DMC3 Dante.

dante-dmc33.jpg

Mainly his coat. I like the padded elbows but above all the fact that they finally put pistol holsters on there. Watching him twirling Ebony & Ivory horizontally before putting them in there was always cool.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
1. well ofc this one, it's leather, slick, and slim, nothing beats those
DanteDevilMayCry2.png

2. this, it has that casual look, worn out leather jacket and slim jeans.. i've always favor this kind of style since i am also into british music scene
latest

3. gotta admit this is cool looking outfit, i dunno what the fabric is for the coat, is jeans or canvas? anyway, the whole dark theme is always too my liking, and the two tailed scarf/muffler/slayer whatever it's called, cool touch
maxresdefault.jpg

4. definitive's classic vergil, now i know many people don't like this costume since it keeps DmC vergil's costume style.. but i actually like this, for me this is a cool take for a rebooted costume for vergil, vergil still looks slim in it --gotta say this cuz somehow vergil in 4SE looked fat, unlike vergil in DMC3-- and i like the asymmetrical cut to begin with..
DmC-Definitive-Screenshots-8.jpg

absolitude

Fat? You mean bulky (kinda).

This is a fat man:

fat-man.jpg

This is DMC4SE Vergil (in-game engine's render):

latest

Unless the meaning of "fat" changed since last time I checked, Vergil doesn't look fat in the slightest.
you should post his pic in game standing still full body, and compare it to a pic of vergil dmc3 standing still full body..

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well it'll be interesting to see how this thread will go.
Anyway
Obviously DMC1. It's the classic of the classics for Devil Hunting. It's also got a sort of detective vibe as well with the way the coat is.

2q81pgx.jpg

Next is DMC3. Despite me still being mixed on DMC3 (like more then dislike), I got to admit I actually liked his coat in this game. Though I wish there was a costume where the right sleeve didn't get ripped off though.
7.jpg

Another is this costume from the DMC4 concept art. It looked really nice and I would have loved if this was a one of the costumes for DMC4:SE instead of the Sparda costume.
dante.jpg

This concept art for Dante in DmC where he looked closer to the classic Dante in terms of color scheme.
2qbg8ro.jpg

DmC Dante of course. The grunge and edge are both pleasing to me. It's a style that I prefer when it comes to trying to separate yourself from the flashy anime attire.
DmCcryDante.jpg

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Another is this costume from the DMC4 concept art. It looked really nice and I would have loved if this was a one of the costumes for DMC4:SE instead of the Sparda costume.
dante.jpg

This concept art for Dante in DmC where he looked closer to the classic Dante in terms of color scheme.
2qbg8ro.jpg

I approve these.

absolitude

DMC4 Vergil may not be as.....ectomorphic as DMC3 Vergil, but he is by no means fat. If you consider that fat, then it doesn't really say good things about your personality.

On-topic: The only outfits I can say I "like" are DMC2 and DmC Dante's default outfits. DMC2 Dante's outfit is just cool, and DmC Dante's outfit is the least ridiculous and most realistic.

lol, you guys are strict with words aren't you? so if i say DmC dante looks like a hobo this come to your minds?
latest

and leave my personality out of this, i have four of them and one of them is batman

Gray Knight

In no particular order.
Well for me the super costumes for obvious reason (Power!). The aura they could give could also be pretty cool.
The shirtless Dante and Coatless Vergil Costumes not because of fanservice but I found them very, sleek and cool to me. The coatless costume for vergil also reminds me of Archer from fate/stay night so that's always a bonus.

Nero's outfit is overall pretty cool to me, his alternate or his default costume.
Secratary costume for Lucia, mainly because it allowed me to access palette swapped devil trigger.

Frazz

General gamer
Favourite would be DMC1 Dante. I think DMC4 Dante has the best coat but the rest of that costume is bad imo. DMC2 Dante gets second place I suppose but that is shared with Nero's prototype costume.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
DMC2 dante main outfit my favourite of the series
DMC3 dante outfit with sleeve torn and without it torn
DMC1 outfit but in DMC3 without the coat
DMC3 vergil
DMC4 Dante outfit minus the chaps lol

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
My absolute favorite costume for Dante is, ironically from my least favorite Devil May Cry game, his look from DMC2
Devil_May_Cry_2_02_artwork.jpg
I like the boots, the coat, the belt buckle, the gloves. It's pretty much the only Dante costume I have absolutely nothing bad to say about. His DMC4 costume is a close second for me.

My favorite look for Vergil is from DMC4, since it's just his DMC3 look updated
DMC4_Special_Edition_-_Vergil_1427107141.jpg
I also like his outfit in the reboot.

My favorite for Nero is his new one from the DMC4 SE (Which shows since I've used it in my entire DMC4 SE Let's Play)

image_devil_may_cry_4_special_edition-28268-3136_0004.jpg
I like his coat better, I like the scarf, just a better costume imo.

Trish, well Trish has the same design in all her appearances (unless you count when she was in disguise as Gloria), so not exactly much choice
DMC4_Special_Edition_-_Trish_1427107140.jpg

I have a tough time picking my favorite Lady costume. Overall I like her DMC3 outfit a bit better, not by much though, but I kinda like her haircut in DMC4 better, plus I like the sun glasses. I guess the DMC3 skin in DMC4 SE. Closest I can get to a happy balance
Devil-May-Cry-4-Special-Edition_2015_05-12-15_014.jpg
If only it had the sunglasses *Mutters to self*

Top Bottom